• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ben White

Worse Deal?

• Ben White for £50m

• Harry Maguire for £80m

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
No its not. We have consistently made dumb moves and ignored the obvious weakness in the team. so the logical position isnt to be neutral and say lets wait and see. Its logical to be thinking here we go again with not fixing the real problems. Why should we give them benefit of doubt every window and act the pst dont matter. Yes its exhausting to be negative, but its the only logical stance with arsenal
Yeah tbh even I'm a little frustrated with the links to all these CB's when we have saliba and mavro waiting in the wings. But not having a Utd fan tell me that :lol:

Iceman10

Established Member
I see a lot of comments in here fixed on him being a CB, but there might be an idea on the part of the club for him to also save the need to get a second CM. We do have to take this link seriously because Ornstein is the source.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I see a lot of comments in here fixed on him being a CB, but there might be an idea on the part of the club for him to also save the need to get a second CM. We do have to take this link seriously because Ornstein is the source.
I can't see Arteta playing a CB who has a major weakness of heading. It's literally the only reason Mari gets into the team.

Iceman10

Established Member
I can't see Arteta playing a CB who has a major weakness of heading. It's literally the only reason Mari gets into the team.
Is his heading really that bad? Wouldn't he have been found out by now if that was the case? Are there video examples. If his heading really is that bad then it just would go back to Arteta & Edu not knowing what they are doing. I'm touting his versatility, but making up for loss of Luiz would still be a major part to why this signing apparently is needed.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Is his heading really that bad? Wouldn't he have been found out by now if that was the case? Are there video examples. If his heading really is that bad then it just would go back to Arteta & Edu not knowing what they are doing. I'm touting his versatility, but making up for loss of Luiz would still be a major part to why this signing apparently is needed.
Yeah it's not great reading. Loses half of his duels and only wins about 1.5 per game. That's pretty low for a CB in England. Saliba isn't that much better, so playing them together would be ****.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster

This has probably been posted before but it shows why some of us are unconvinced by him at CB. Mavropanos blows White away with the season he's just had in Germany by comparison.

Sure, these don't tell the whole story and he might still be getting up to speed in the Premier League as a youngish defender. Maybe the plan is to get a talented but versatile guy in who can cover multiple positions. Who knows.

Successful tackles per 90 minutes (success rate)
Konstantinos Mavropanos – 2.6 (68.4%)
Pablo Mari – 1.5 (75%)
Rob Holding – 1.5 (71.4%)
Ben White – 1.4 (60.8%)
Gabriel – 1.1 (78.5%)
Calum Chambers – 0.8 (57.1%)
William Saliba – 0.8 (88.8%)

Successful aerial duels per 90 minutes (success rate)
Konstantinos Mavropanos – 2.8 (70%)
Gabriel – 2.6 (59%)
Pablo Mari – 2.6 (54.1%)
Rob Holding – 2.5 (54.3%)
Calum Chambers – 2.4 (53.3%)
William Saliba – 1.9 (61.2%)
Ben White – 1.4 (50%)

Interceptions per 90 minutes
Konstantinos Mavropanos – 3.6
Ben White – 1.7
William Saliba – 1.3
Gabriel – 1.2
Calum Chambers – 1.2
Pablo Mari – 0.9
Rob Holding – 0.8

Clearances per 90 minutes
Calum Chambers – 4.3
Rob Holding – 4.2
William Saliba – 4.0
Konstantinos Mavropanos – 3.8
Gabriel – 3.3
Pablo Mari – 2.9
Ben White – 1.4

Passing accuracy
William Saliba – 91.3%
Pablo Mari – 87.7%
Rob Holding – 87%
Gabriel – 85.7%
Ben White – 83.2%
Calum Chambers – 83.9%
Konstantinos Mavropanos – 79.%

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

But thats even more stupid. Why not just get a second midfielder as a young talent? Right now we have Partey and El neny as the definite two midfielders. If we sign replacement for xhaka then thats 3 midfielders. Surely White aint gonna be the 4th midfielder which essentially means the 3rd midfielder ahead of neny? Being versatile and not great anywhere doesnt make you 40-50 million player. If Arsenal is gonna spend 50 million on player our second most expensive player ever. He has to be nailed on in one position and has th be the best player in that position

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Gabriel = aerial duels. White = interception machine. Guy who plays it out the back.

Mari = aerial duels. Saliba = Guy who plays it out the back.

Great mix.

Iceman10

Established Member
But thats even more stupid. Why not just get a second midfielder as a young talent? Right now we have Partey and El neny as the definite two midfielders. If we sign replacement for xhaka then thats 3 midfielders. Surely White aint gonna be the 4th midfielder which essentially means the 3rd midfielder ahead of neny? Being versatile and not great anywhere doesnt make you 40-50 million player. If Arsenal is gonna spend 50 million on player our second most expensive player ever. He has to be nailed on in one position and has th be the best player in that position
Futures of both Elneny and Laca are uncertain at the moment, btw, with one year left on contracts. I do agree with the point about "versatility", there isn't much of a track record of it working out at this level in the PL.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
This has probably been posted before but it shows why some of us are unconvinced by him at CB. Mavropanos blows White away with the season he's just had in Germany by comparison.

Sure, these don't tell the whole story and he might still be getting up to speed in the Premier League as a youngish defender. Maybe the plan is to get a talented but versatile guy in who can cover multiple positions. Who knows.

Successful tackles per 90 minutes (success rate)
Konstantinos Mavropanos – 2.6 (68.4%)
Pablo Mari – 1.5 (75%)
Rob Holding – 1.5 (71.4%)
Ben White – 1.4 (60.8%)
Gabriel – 1.1 (78.5%)
Calum Chambers – 0.8 (57.1%)
William Saliba – 0.8 (88.8%)

Successful aerial duels per 90 minutes (success rate)
Konstantinos Mavropanos – 2.8 (70%)
Gabriel – 2.6 (59%)
Pablo Mari – 2.6 (54.1%)
Rob Holding – 2.5 (54.3%)
Calum Chambers – 2.4 (53.3%)
William Saliba – 1.9 (61.2%)
Ben White – 1.4 (50%)

Interceptions per 90 minutes
Konstantinos Mavropanos – 3.6
Ben White – 1.7
William Saliba – 1.3
Gabriel – 1.2
Calum Chambers – 1.2
Pablo Mari – 0.9
Rob Holding – 0.8

Clearances per 90 minutes
Calum Chambers – 4.3
Rob Holding – 4.2
William Saliba – 4.0
Konstantinos Mavropanos – 3.8
Gabriel – 3.3
Pablo Mari – 2.9
Ben White – 1.4

Passing accuracy
William Saliba – 91.3%
Pablo Mari – 87.7%
Rob Holding – 87%
Gabriel – 85.7%
Ben White – 83.2%
Calum Chambers – 83.9%
Konstantinos Mavropanos – 79.%
Mavro comes off very well in those stats. Even better than Saliba.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Hopefully we get white in after seeing Watts yesterday saying Holding could be getting sold

Iceman10

Established Member
Hopefully we get white in after seeing Watts yesterday saying Holding could be getting sold
Wasn't there a piece in Athletic a few weeks back saying Holding and Chambers were considered key parts of the future of the club moving forwards. It's all so confusing to try to discern clear direction at the moment. lol.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Wasn't there a piece in Athletic a few weeks back saying Holding and Chambers were considered key parts of the future of the club moving forwards. It's all so confusing to try to discern clear direction at the moment. lol.
No. It was reported holding is leader in dressing with another plsyers such as Xhaka Luiz bellerin and auba.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
White is definitely being considered for his distribution. He was excellent in the Championship for Leeds, and his work on the ball along with Kalvin Phillips was stellar. I think he's done well in the PL without being amazing, but there's a lot to work with.

Honestly though, if we wanted a CB to deal with aerial balls around a similar age, we'd bring back Mavropanos because nobody beats him in the air from what I've seen.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Mavro comes off very well in those stats. Even better than Saliba.

He's had a massive half season after recovering from injury. Last year he did well too, albeit in a lower league. He's not a ball playing CB, but could see him working next to Mari or Saliba really well.
I think the problem is that you can only keep one of him or Saliba - he probably loses out from being the lesser talent. It's a big call between them though. I just hope we don't end up losing both

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom