• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Sambi Lokonga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finesse

The Sambi interest is a very astute move. You either go for them before they burst into the scene and pay 15-20 or wait for Dortmund and the rest to take the leap of faith and you pay 60-70 in a few years.

In the very simplistic terms, he is everything we hoped to get from Joe Willock when he burst into the scene. He has the character ( already captaining the side less than 2 years into his breakthrough into the team ) , DM from the start who can play progressively and occupy the space in front of the opponents half. His biggest attributes are forward passing , ball control and the ability to carry the ball/ drive into space and initiate the goal scoring chances.

Do we need this ? Of course. It is what we have hoped to see from Ceballos , Xhaka and Elnenny when they partnered Partey severally this season. The ability to drive into space in front of them and attack the final third , instead of the safe , squared passes out wide to the fullbacks and wingers. Something we saw Willock do but with very limited end product. Arteta used Willock a lot before for this very reason especially when he wanted to change games and I can see why we are after this kid.

Considering Xhaka is leaving I am guessing we are worried about Bissouma coming in and joining Partey and Elnenny for the AFCON. This leaves us absolutely depleted in midfield. Sambi is Belgian and this maybe the sway with the Bissouma option. ( add the price and wage to it) . Overall we need 2 CM to come in this summer.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He looks a bit languid and slender. Reminds me a bit of Diaby early doors. Will probably bulk up a bit in the next few years.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Would this guy count as Under 21 for the squad?

Rules on U21 players​

Under-21 players are eligible over and above the limit of 25 players per squad. For the 2020/21 campaign Under-21 players will have been born on or after 1 January 1999.

Thats from last season. So Lakonga would've needed to be born on or after Jan 1st 2000, so sadly he won't count towards the U21's.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Sky reporting we're in advanced talks, no surprise, they're slow. But I think it gets done for £15M no problems. Moving quick, I like this.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Sky reporting we're in advanced talks, no surprise, they're slow. But I think it gets done for £15M no problems. Moving quick, I like this.
Willing to bet it's just rumours and it will take another 3 weeks. Arsenal are always so slow. Xhaka should have been out on Friday based on all reports. The deal has be 'steps away' for almost 2 weeks. Lol

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Arteta would have Lokonga out on loan, losing value in no time. He looks very promising, but he'd be wasting time coming here. Ryan Cherki is another we could make a serious play for before his value becomes astronomical.
Lol exactly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom