• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

James Maddison

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
James Maddison entertaining the thought of leaving Brendan Rodgers to work with Arteta?

Never knew April Fools could recur in June. You learn something new every day 🤣

To be fair Maddison probably wants to blow his Brain's out if hears Rodgers say "passion" one more time. Plus he's Welsh, so I don't blame him.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Foreign players need time to settle, Arteta might want immediate impact and you have to pay extra for that.

White and Maddison you can rely and put expectations on them the minute they walk into the club. A foreign kid you still give 12-18 months to, Arteta doesn’t have that time.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
The more I think on Maddison the more I think he fits. He brings goals from the midfield obviously but doesnt lose the ball, might not be as creative as an Ødegaard but he knows how to play through a striker running off defenders shoulders. The lack of creativity and 40 yard passes can be substituted by playing him in a 3 with Saka and ESR alongside.

I know its not the wishlist thread but we could play the team like this with him in it
------------------Auba
---------Esr---Maddy--Saka
-------------????----Partey
Tierney--Gabriel--Holding/White--Bellerin/???

In possession you've got a plenty of creativity coming from Esr and Saka while they add more goals to their game. Tierney can get forward and play off Esr or Saka whoever drifts out to the side, Partey can push in the middle to help maintain control in the middle and receive the ball, Bellerin can hover in the right halfspace ready to receive the ball, make a run or facilitate Saka in attack. Youve got Maddison arriving late while Auba can pull off of the centrebacks and will be either in space or create it.

It would be a difficult team to defend against and it should be able to steamroll the "lesser teams", naturally because it makes so much sense it will never happen.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Maddison is not a creative player????
Maddison doesn’t play like a creative player.

Does he play like any of Iniesta, Modric, Isco, Silva, KDB, Cazorla, Arshavin, Rosicky, Nasri, Kaka, Eriksen, Coutinho, Aouar...? No.

He is like a non-technical player, that plays in a more advanced area. If you want so many non-creative players in the team, who helps nothing in the build up, but able to score and make impact a bit here and there, that play non-beautiful/non-entertaining direct football, why not just keep willock.

@Majoreyeswater

Last edited:

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The more I think on Maddison the more I think he fits. He brings goals from the midfield obviously but doesnt lose the ball, might not be as creative as an Ødegaard but he knows how to play through a striker running off defenders shoulders. The lack of creativity and 40 yard passes can be substituted by playing him in a 3 with Saka and ESR alongside.

I know its not the wishlist thread but we could play the team like this with him in it
------------------Auba
---------Esr---Maddy--Saka
-------------????----Partey
Tierney--Gabriel--Holding/White--Bellerin/???

In possession you've got a plenty of creativity coming from Esr and Saka while they add more goals to their game. Tierney can get forward and play off Esr or Saka whoever drifts out to the side, Partey can push in the middle to help maintain control in the middle and receive the ball, Bellerin can hover in the right halfspace ready to receive the ball, make a run or facilitate Saka in attack. Youve got Maddison arriving late while Auba can pull off of the centrebacks and will be either in space or create it.

It would be a difficult team to defend against and it should be able to steamroll the "lesser teams", naturally because it makes so much sense it will never happen.
Also, if Arteta plans on playing a 4-3-3, I think Maddison makes a lot of sense too.

Our back four could be Tierney-Gabriel-Holding/Saliba-White/Chambers, Partey at DM, ESR at B2B, and Maddison as AM. Saka at LM, Pepe at RM, and Auba up top.

If Arteta wants our fullbacks to tuck into midfield as they do at City, we'll be able to push ESR and Maddison into attack without being vulnerable defensively. That's a lot of goals from midfield.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Song joined Barcelona for a big profit, Ramsey was a club **** up with his contract.

Song was still **** for two seasons and was carried by wilshere and the Arteta.

The only thing we clicked up with Ramsey us no getting rid of after that 3 month purple patch. Juventus even opted to dump the rotting corpse of Khedira on the pitch than have Ramsey play.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Song was still **** for two seasons and was carried by wilshere and the Arteta.

The only thing we clicked up with Ramsey us no getting rid of after that 3 month purple patch. Juventus even opted to dump the rotting corpse of Khedira on the pitch than have Ramsey play.
This isn’t about the player though, we were talking the structure, we were signing young and making profits at the time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom