• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexander Isak

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Lool you’re really still trying. I never said he’s a flop. Just not convinced yet

What about Real Betis ?

What about when he went to Dortmund a club known for playing elite level youngsters… What happened ? Why can you use Willen & time in Sweden but in Dortmund he’s only young.

when a player’s elite to a fan they first pass the eye test Henry, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Messi to name a few.

Then when you check their numbers they convince you of this theory.

They are never looked at as decent on the pitch and his numbers are decent so now he’s elite
What happened in Dortmund is that Zorc pretty much signed him without involving Tuchel who was then coach. Tuchel said he only learned about the transfer a couple of days before it happened and he wasn't a target of him (he admitted to not knowing who he was). By all accounts (reports) Isak was training well but Tuchel wouldn't play him at all and then sent him off to the reserves. It's been rumoured to have been a power struggle in the club and that Tuchel wanted to make a stand. He left after that season.

It's sort of the same with Saliba and Mikel tbf, only that Isak never got a loan until after the first season when he went to Willem II. Is Mikel's treatment of Saliba warranted? Does it mean he's not a good or talented player? Him and Saliba are 18 months apart and he's less than a year older than Smith-Rowe, so you can't really say he's not done anything that doesn't imply he'd be a great option.

I'm not saying I think Isak is fit to lead our attacking line straight away. He would almost definitely struggle to some extent and needs a year to adapt as well as evolve his game.

AeNwT

What happened in Dortmund is that Zorc pretty much signed him without involving Tuchel who was then coach. Tuchel said he only learned about the transfer a couple of days before it happened and he wasn't a target of him (he admitted to not knowing who he was). By all accounts (reports) Isak was training well but Tuchel wouldn't play him at all and then sent him off to the reserves. It's been rumoured to have been a power struggle in the club and that Tuchel wanted to make a stand. He left after that season.

It's sort of the same with Saliba and Mikel tbf, only that Isak never got a loan until after the first season when he went to Willem II. Is Mikel's treatment of Saliba warranted? Does it mean he's not a good or talented player? Him and Saliba are 18 months apart and he's less than a year older than Smith-Rowe, so you can't really say he's not done anything that doesn't imply he'd be a great option.

I'm not saying I think Isak is fit to lead our attacking line straight away. He would almost definitely struggle to some extent and needs a year to adapt as well as evolve his game.

I’ve already said he’s not ready he needs to adapt develop. I never said he rubbish or anything even close

AeNwT

Isak is a good player but 60m is probs too much but he's probs not coming here this summer so let's just chill yeah?

Exactly. If Edu / Arteta spent 60 on him and we didn’t secure the majority of our other targets we wouldn’t be pleased

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

He is a classy player but I'm not sure he fits the profile that I think we need.

Jellon Lamb

Edit: Oops…this was a reply to @Fewtch Guess I’m an idiot and can’t figure out the quote situation.

The Ringer is a pretty damn good website/podcast network/media company in the United States. It was started by the journalist, Bill Simmons. It’s owned by HBO. Simmons had previously created the excellent and now defunct website, Grantland, for ESPN. He also was the gentleman behind the also excellent 30 for 30 documentary series for the same network.

Ian Wright’s podcast is part on The Ringer network.

www.theringer.com

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Edit: Oops…this was a reply to @Fewtch Guess I’m an ***** and can’t figure out the quote situation.

The Ringer is a pretty damn good website/podcast network/media company in the United States. It was started by the journalist, Bill Simmons. It’s owned by HBO. Simmons had previously created the excellent and now defunct website, Grantland, for ESPN. He also was the gentleman behind the also excellent 30 for 30 documentary series for the same network.

Ian Wright’s podcast is part on The Ringer network.

www.theringer.com
Cheers. We will give @AeNwT the benefit of the doubt. Wrighty_8 on twitter somehow quoted, on monday night, the latest Ian Wright podcast episode that dropped today. He definitely does not think @Wrighty_8 is actually the real Ian Wright. Incredible stuff.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Forget about stats for a second. Just ask yourself, does his playing look elite to you?

Compare to:
Isak has same goals in la loga that Edouard has for celtic in scottish league. Isak has so much potential and as he gets older and fills out he will be a huge threat in the air as well. He will be a monster player and as a swede we can expect him to have great attitude always rather than a temperamental french man

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Isak has same goals in la loga that Edouard has for celtic in scottish league. Isak has so much potential and as he gets older and fills out he will be a huge threat in the air as well. He will be a monster player and as a swede we can expect him to have great attitude always rather than a temperamental french man
I just see a lot of bad decision making in him. He always drive straight into a crowd, when he should pass the ball to a teammate.

If he is a poacher type of striker (which I don’t like). Then it still make sense if he run with the ball directly forward and being selfish. Because he was level to the defenders most of the time and has space in front of him running into.

However, it seems he likes to drop deep to receive the ball. If that’s the case, you can’t run straight forward into a bunch of defenders in front of you. You should make good combination play with your teammates.

Latest posts

Top Bottom