• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

James Maddison

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Doesn’t @Rex Banter rate White? Other than Chris Wilder, he’s rarely wrong.

I’d love to hear from him regarding this. Think he’d say 50M is too much, and that this season he hasn’t been standout like he thought he was going to be. I also think he’ll say this is the kinda signing we should be making if money will also be spent elsewhere. He’d say there’s too much upside for White, just can’t let the funds stop us from signing elsewhere.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I’d love to hear from him regarding this. Think he’d say 50M is too much, and that this season he hasn’t been standout like he thought he was going to be. I also think he’ll say this is the kinda signing we should be making if money will also be spent elsewhere. He’d say there’s too much upside for White, just can’t let the funds stop us from signing elsewhere.
No he would say Ben Godfrey went for half the price last summer and we're mugs.

Finesse

Sometimes we read too much into tabloid reports. From my knowledge this summer we normally have various targets for a particular position. Arsenal for the CAM example have MO , Buendia , Maddison etc placed according to priority. Also keep feelers out there in case some player becomes available. My understanding is we wanted and still want MO for a possible loan extension like Dani. We are happy with what we saw and would take another bite. We are happy to take this route and free up funds for other positions. If it comes down to a outright buy , we believe we can structure the payment to give us leeway to fund other needs within the team. While waiting on MO's case we have made inquiries to understand the position of other targets. This is likely the case with Maddison. Apparently Madrid is adamant they want MO in their team for next season. However that means nothing in football. MO and his camp want proper assurances he is going to play and this has not been made absolutely clear by Madrid. Arsenal will have to decide very fast to move on or wait around and miss another player ( Buendia gone ) within the options list. Our bid and inquiries with Buendia were all tentative because he was never our first choice and provide the opp for Villa to capitalise. If we want to force Madrid, we would have to tell them we want him now and will pay his price. We all know what that means . We don't have the financial clout to take that route.

On thing is clear we want another playmaker to add to ESR.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Yeah and that interview didn't seem like lip service for the cameras, gave off the impression that he genuinely wanted to be the best player he can be.
Yeah, I think that interview really speaks in favour of him if anything. Not my top pick and a bit overpriced, but fair play it's an ambitious signing at least. Never know for sure if it works out even if you sign a quality player, but we buy a player from a straight rival whose settled in the league. Many positives even if there are some questions.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yeah, I think that interview really speaks in favour of him if anything. Not my top pick and a bit overpriced, but fair play it's an ambitious signing at least. Never know for sure if it works out even if you sign a quality player, but we buy a player from a straight rival whose settled in the league. Many positives even if there are some questions.
~What do you make of Malen being linked with liverpool? You think he will do well in the PL?

Dutch D

~What do you make of Malen being linked with liverpool? You think he will do well in the PL?
Overrated imo. Blistering pace, decent shot, but nothing too special. People clamouring for him in the national team, because Weghorst is so average, but Malen doesn't move the needle that much. Pace is always dangerous, though.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Overrated imo. Blistering pace, decent shot, but nothing too special. People clamouring for him in the national team, because Weghorst is so average, but Malen doesn't move the needle that much. Pace is always dangerous, though.
How would you compare Boadu to him? He suffered a bad injury but he literally doesn't stop scoring.

Dutch D

How would you compare Boadu to him? He suffered a bad injury but he literally doesn't stop scoring.
Both quite similar actually, best on the counter. Both pacey, decent finishers, but quite limited in other aspects. They aren't 'complete' or 'technical' strikers in the RvP, Benzema, Firmino mold, couldn't play a target man role either. Kind of like Auba come to think of it. Boadu less advanced in his development and injuries seems to have hurt his potential. Quite average in the u23 national team. Both scored a similar amount of goals last season.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

With Maddison I'm a bit concerned by his stat padding through corners, free kicks and penalty duties...

But I guess this was also a weakness of Arsenal last season. For anyone who's watched him a lot, does he deliver a quality dead ball? Arteta used to be a massive weapon for Everton back in the day, could be a useful skill to have in the team.
Yes he does.

But Pepe, Saka and *shudder* Willian all take a good set piece anyway. I guess if Willian leaves then we do need a right footed set piece taker.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Watch them replace him with Olise and making him a £60m player.
I don’t mind just signing Olise and going for a world class CM.

But Maddison is still a good signing in its own right.
This is getting ridiculous now, we or the clubs we are taking players from are continuously getting linked to players that @Rex Banter (RIP) rates?!

It’s true you know, true genius is only appreciated once you’re gone.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Maddison is left footed presumably (on the basis he plays left of centre)?

Pepe is a weird one, clearly has an amazing ability to strike the ball, but a lot of his corners and dead balls were really average. Like he's better when instinctually pulling the trigger rather than having to think about it.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Maddison is left footed presumably (on the basis he plays left of centre)?

Pepe is a weird one, clearly has an amazing ability to strike the ball, but a lot of his corners and dead balls were really average. Like he's better when instinctually pulling the trigger rather than having to think about it.

Hes right footed. Would love a good, consistent set piece taker here! I don't really like Saka on set pieces, Pepe inconsistent like you said.

Top Bottom