• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I think Dumfries is a no brainer signing as it stands.

There are still tough games to come up which we will really judge him from but so far he’s looked a strong athletic and direct right back perfectly suited to overlapping (if that’s what we want).

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20

There are still tough games to come up which we will really judge him from but so far he’s looked a strong athletic and direct right back perfectly suited to overlapping (if that’s what we want).
Hell no. As technically astute as Kolasinac basically. Great attitude and engine but that's it.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel

Looks very good going forward but was often caught out of position defensively by Ukraine. Will see how he does in the rest of the tournament but feel it will be their undoing against the better sides.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Hell no. As technically astute as Kolasinac basically. Great attitude and engine but that's it.
Looks very good going forward but was often caught out of position defensively by Ukraine. Will see how he does in the rest of the tournament but feel it will be their undoing against the better sides.
Yeh tbf I was about to hop back on to say that he isn’t necessarily gonna solve our playing out from the back issue, don’t think he’s a back to the opposition player.

And yeh Aber I will look into that more, I watched the first game at a BBQ outside so I didn’t get a proper tactical look at the game even though I like Ukraine 😂.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

And yeh Aber I will look into that more, I watched the first game at a BBQ outside so I didn’t get a proper tactical look at the game even though I like Ukraine 😂.

I'm not seeing him at PSV every week, don't know if he plays in a back 4 with them but here he's basically been given license to get forward all the time as a wing back. Would be interested to know if he gets forward as much playing RB.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I'm not seeing him at PSV every week, don't know if he plays in a back 4 with them but here he's basically been given license to get forward all the time as a wing back. Would be interested to know if he gets forward as much playing RB.
Schmidt plays 4-4-2 mostly without proper wide midfielders. Dumfries gets forward a lot, but he's not as advanced as in the 5-3-2 system of the national team where he's like a RW at times. Problem is he's so limited with the ball he can't do anything with the positions he finds himself in. Can't dribble, can't shoot, average cross, limited vision. Look at the Ukraine game, he wastes like 4 chances in good positions and scores a wonder header in the end which was by far the hardest chance.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Schmidt plays 4-4-2 mostly without proper wide midfielders. Dumfries gets forward a lot, but he's not as advanced as in the 5-3-2 system of the national team where he's like a RW at times. Problem is he's so limited with the ball he can't do anything with the positions he finds himself in. Can't dribble, can't shoot, average cross, limited vision. Look at the Ukraine game, he wastes like 4 chances in good positions and scores a wonder header in the end which was by far the hardest chance.
I guess that's probably why he's still at PSV, already 25 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom