• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I feel like he only lets us down by having less than amazing performances, the carling cup with Szcezney( mightve been fa cup?) and kicking the ball off of Griezmanns head are the obvious 2 that spring to mind. At the end of the day I'll always consider him amazing defender who coped with injuries, played through pain for the team, got us Champions league a few times when we didnt deserve it and made the team look a lot better than it was.

Xhaka has made more than a few howlers over the years and never dominated a midfield even at his best like Koscielny did the defence, dont know how many strikers Kos pocketed over the years. I know the whole leaving saga fkd up Kos reputation a bit but tbf he really did give his all while he was here
I've watched Koscielny plenty of times and don't remember him pocketing anyone lmao. I remember him getting bullied by strong strikers, getting red cards, us conceding 4 5 6 goals with him here and plenty of embarrassing results/performances. Even when Alexis came back with United on a long scoring drought guess who makes loads of space for him to run into to get a goal?

Koscielny was weak sauce and never an amazing defender. At his best he was good and that was when Mertesacker was babysitting him.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Edit: like Xhaka lost his head (somewhat understandably) while Kos was taking injections to get him through the 90 minutes, I know who I think was softer.
Pretty sure it's the one who broke down crying during a team speech when we needed encouragement, I think he's the same guy who started crying when his son asked him why he's so sh*t. Maybe the guy who got put in a headlock by 5'6 Quresma or the guy who got slapped around by Costa whenever they played?

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I've watched Koscielny plenty of times and don't remember him pocketing anyone lmao. I remember him getting bullied by strong strikers, getting red cards, us conceding 4 5 6 goals with him here and plenty of embarrassing results/performances. Even when Alexis came back with United on a long scoring drought guess who makes loads of space for him to run into to get a goal?

Koscielny was weak sauce and never an amazing defender. At his best he was good and that was when Mertesacker was babysitting him.

Pocketed Lukaku and Benteke amongst many others for example which would be considered amongst the biggest forwards in the premiership. Every centreback will fail to stop a goal at times... anyway doesnt matter much anymore hes long gone now, we'll just agree to disagree.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Don't worry! You are showing them who is the boss! Look for @HairSprayGooners in the leaderboard :lol:

He is doing an excellent Mikel Arteta performance! Relegation form!
hehe ... thats just round two.. @Rimaal killing this round ... the overall leaderboard is much more comforting

Attachments

• 18140E0B-04FB-4DCF-8F9C-68F26454655F.jpeg
    18140E0B-04FB-4DCF-8F9C-68F26454655F.jpeg
    249.3 KB · Views: 27

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I see there are people here who really rate Xhaka. Surprising. I mean he's not atrocious, but he's probably the easiest to improve upon, this transfer can't be bad.
I cant say i really rate him but he has been the best midfielder at the club for a while until probably Arteta brought in Partey who hopefully next season will kick on.
I wont be sad to see him go as we need to freshen things up.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
BPP randomly ripping into Kos, good stuff :lol:

However good or bad you think Laurent was, or if you just thought he was a bit meek as a person...he gave us his best years, ran through walls for the badge (gave his ankle for Arsène) a part of the team that brought success back to the club...definitely one of our better Emirates players, without a doubt.

Last edited:

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Final stages, closer to the finish line, almost done, only some formalities left, not long before they announce - I have been hearing all these for the past few weeks. Going to assume nothing has happened unless I get official update from the club.
He was the same guy who posted saying it was a done deal a while back.
Like 99.99999% of people on twitter he either just makes **** up or posts what has been reported elsewhere on this interweb thingy.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I would imagine this transfer is very close to conclusion. It's the best outcome for everyone concerned.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Not even going to bother with a bad joke to lighten the mood here.

This thread should be locked and only updated with new links. Even if you deal with the obvious elephant in the room, that still leaves the circle jerking that has been people trying to troll each other for reals and not for Banter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom