• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ruben Neves

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Renato Sanchez is good, but our current CMs lacks physical prowess and size, only Partey has both. Thus I feel we must have at least 1 more of Partey's type, tall, strong CM with good technique and work rate. My preference from the days of PV4, Petit, Gilberto, Parlour and Edu himself.

Renato is strong, much more than Neves. You don't need to be 1.90m to be strong.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
As I said tall and strong, that surely better than only strong IMO. At least 1.8m tall for me.
Nah, partey is enough... I prefer I player capable of playing football and moving around the field. You see Kante, he doesn't need to be tall to steal the ball and play football. Then you have Xhaka, yes strong and tall but....

Renato would fit exactly what we need here if partey starts a transition to stay behind and play a little more deep.

Iceman10

Established Member
No it been confirmed from Athletic that we looking for 2 midfielders Lokanga is one for future and not to replace Xhaka. We losing Xhaka Guendouzi Torreira and lost Ceballos who back to Madrid
We're looking for two CM''s, and Ben White's versatility might well be counted as one of the two, especially if we don't do anything with Holding, Chambers, a d Saliba. We don't know. Despite Hairspray's response, I am still of the opinion it could have been Lokonga vs. Neves for the other CM, Lokonga apparently winning out unless Wolves drop their asking price for Ruben Neves.

Iceman10

Established Member
What I was saying earlier about Lokonga and Neves actually having similar profiles, Neves the more established player, but Lokonga for 17m could allow more focus of resources on RB, CAM, maybe CF, esp. if Ben White's ability to play CM as well as CB is also considered. Not necessarily what I would do, but could be what Arteta/Edu are thinking.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
T
What I was saying earlier about Lokonga and Neves actually having similar profiles, Neves the more established player, but Lokonga for 17m could allow more focus of resources on RB, CAM, maybe CF, esp. if Ben White's ability to play CM as well as CB is also considered. Not necessarily what I would do, but could be what Arteta/Edu are thinking.

That’s kinda one of my concerns with signing Benny Blanco. He seems like a 3-in-1 player and allows Edu/Arteta to make some shortcuts. Can’t sign that established CM, no worries White can play there. No RB, White can do a job there. I’m fully expecting some form of dissatisfaction this window and I think signing White can at least absolve some poor movement in this window.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
White is no Kimmich, but is a 3 in 1 terrible? Could look at him as an upgrade to AMN role in the squad.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I agree with you. Luiz came here as somebody who can play at cm and played 1 game there. We'd be signing White as a CB and I'm all for it.

Yes it's nice to potentially have a versatile player as extreme back up. A bit like Saka as a left back, we never want to see him there again but if it comes down to it he is capable of playing there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom