• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eduardo Camavinga

Status
Not open for further replies.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
I truly don’t get it. How do you work on a deal for two months? Without making a bid? How long does it take to talk to the players agent to know if he was interested and how much his team wants? Obviously it’s nonsense
Idk, contracts are just bits of paper and some signatures but they always seem to drag on for months, take ESR for example- pretty sure the club and agents are too busy hitting the strip clubs and doing crack to get any actual work done.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Xhaka, Torreira, AMN and Guendouzi all seem poised to be sold. Even Willock (if a decent offer comes in)
True but we need to trim the squad this year as well. It's not going to do squad harmony any good bringing in multiple younger back ups who won't play. If Camavinga + Lokonga are brought in then you could maybe have one next to Partey with the other on the bench. I just don't think it's likely personally. A Neves / Bissouma / Sabitzer type signing along with a younger star seems like more what we'll go for. Obviously could be wrong though, would love Camavinga.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
True but we need to trim the squad this year as well. It's not going to do squad harmony any good bringing in multiple younger back ups who won't play. If Camavinga + Lokonga are brought in then you could maybe have one next to Partey with the other on the bench. I just don't think it's likely personally. A Neves / Bissouma / Sabitzer type signing along with a younger star seems like more what we'll go for. Obviously could be wrong though, would love Camavinga.
Bissouma/Camavinga would be a W-W both excellent midfielders

Bloodbather

Established Member

I'm very skeptical that Camavinga is obtainable, but if it happens it'd be the biggest statement signing we've made in years. One of the world's most highly-touted wonderkids.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I don't think club is a suitable environment for an unproven wonderkid.

Unless we write next season off as a transition year. I wouldn't go mad if we blooded in Saliba, put more faith in Gabriel and saw ESR and Martinelli play more games. Add in a starring role for Saka and the development of a Lokonga or Camavinga, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Elite Smarts

Gouendizi 🤦‍♂️
Arsenal and Arteta are ranked very highly this season in Europe for the side who used the most youth players and gave out the most chances.

It's a myth. If I've got 10 eggs and I use 8 of them, because I didn't use the last 2 does that mean I don't use eggs?
I need the data for this because this sounds unbelievable to me. Links to sources please!

Elite Smarts

Gouendizi 🤦‍♂️
How is this “Arteta doesn’t trust the youth” view still persisting when we played the most youth players in the league last season and are clearly targeting players under the age of 24 this window.
I need links to those sources

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Dont think it's so absurd that we have a lot of cash to spend, kinda weird that so many laugh it off entirely.

What's your logic, during the Wenger years, YES, why would've been credible to assume we'd suddenly splash the cash when it's outright obvious that the American owners, unlike Russian or Sheikh ones, are mostly looking to make money ?

But in hindsight of our club losing ground rapidly and already having seen a looot more investment since Wengers departure, a 200-250m cash injection with sales for around 100m is not unlikely at all.

There's no logic to suggest it's laughable, it's not because Kroenke suddenly loves football, but because ESL failed, our club needs to regain a foothold on the upper places to remain marketable and the Wenger comfort zone for Kroenke has gone entirely.

It's like those commentators bringing up statistics as to how long team x hasnt beaten team y whilst it's been 20 years and there's literally no correlation to the upcoming game whatsoever.

Those past stats giving you zero information for the present, just like Kroenke's reaction to us falling into nothingness, we dont know what he'll spend because the situation hasnt come up yet.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Arsenal and Arteta are ranked very highly this season in Europe for the side who used the most youth players and gave out the most chances.

It's a myth. If I've got 10 eggs and I use 8 of them, because I didn't use the last 2 does that mean I don't use eggs?

What if you had another 6 free range eggs (premium) and you sent them on loan telling the new holders to crack them a bit?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
What if you had another 6 free range eggs (premium) and you sent them on loan telling the new holders to crack them a bit?

Those free range eggs might be premium but there's a really bad egg in there, yolks all smashed up inside already. The other egg could make a stunning omelette but on the flip side it could make a terrible omelette. Nobody knows yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom