• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Little Chilli

Is Bukayo Saka...

• a GOOD inverted right-winger

Votes: 16 12.8%
  • a GREAT inverted right-winger

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • the GREATEST inverted right-winger

Votes: 66 52.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Best ever performance from an English teenager at a major tournament, imo.

Don't want to hear any nonsense about Owen v Argentina in 1998 or Rooney v France in 2004...England lost those games while tonight they won, so Saka playing well actually mattered.
Nonsense? 😂 We scrapped a 1-0 against the Czech R in a group game when we had already qualified. Saks did well but the teams Owen & Rooney were up against were levels above. They produced in meaningful matches in the KO stages.

If B rips it up against 1 of the big guns in the KO stage then a comparison can be made.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
What a player. The way he elegantly glides with the ball is just absolutely stunning to watch. Aesthetically it's one of the most beautiful ball carrying styles I can remember seeing, up there with Diaby (though different).

Here on our broadcast in Spain Morientes rightfully called him the man of the match.

It's a bit of a dilemma we have with him and Pepe. They are both best on the right. Saka is just so good at receiving under pressure and turning and pushing the team forward from that position, though, as he did on England's first goal and a number of other times during the match. Pepe on the other hand offers perhaps better end product than Bukayo does.

My gut feeling is that you just can't move Saka off of that position so it should be Pepe that should play on the left...but you do negate a bit of Pepe's ability in that position, both in cutting inside and shooting and also on the way he finds good positions in the box on cutbacks and crosses from there to score.

I wonder if the best decision would actually to be to sell Pepe, as he's a player that should receive a high fee, and putting his money toward a really top, expensive player like Camavinga, or Locatelli perhaps? (de Paul would've been perfect in this scenario, but oh well)

Another idea that occurs to me is buying more of an 8 like Aouar, and pairing him with Thomas and Saka in the middle against low block teams (the ball carrying through the middle between Aouar and Saka could really be a thing to watch), with Pepe on the right and ESR on the left. I actually quite like that idea.

Anyways, beautiful player Bukayo, looking forward to watching him again next season as he continues to develop and hope that we surround him with the quality of football he deserves.
Always like reading your posts.

Gn1212

What a player. The way he elegantly glides with the ball is just absolutely stunning to watch. Aesthetically it's one of the most beautiful ball carrying styles I can remember seeing, up there with Diaby (though different).

Here on our broadcast in Spain Morientes rightfully called him the man of the match.

It's a bit of a dilemma we have with him and Pepe. They are both best on the right. Saka is just so good at receiving under pressure and turning and pushing the team forward from that position, though, as he did on England's first goal and a number of other times during the match. Pepe on the other hand offers perhaps better end product than Bukayo does.

My gut feeling is that you just can't move Saka off of that position so it should be Pepe that should play on the left...but you do negate a bit of Pepe's ability in that position, both in cutting inside and shooting and also on the way he finds good positions in the box on cutbacks and crosses from there to score.

I wonder if the best decision would actually to be to sell Pepe, as he's a player that should receive a high fee, and putting his money toward a really top, expensive player like Camavinga, or Locatelli perhaps? (de Paul would've been perfect in this scenario, but oh well)

Another idea that occurs to me is buying more of an 8 like Aouar, and pairing him with Thomas and Saka in the middle against low block teams (the ball carrying through the middle between Aouar and Saka could really be a thing to watch), with Pepe on the right and ESR on the left. I actually quite like that idea.

Anyways, beautiful player Bukayo, looking forward to watching him again next season as he continues to develop and hope that we surround him with the quality of football he deserves.
I think all of Saka, ESR and Pepe have shown that they can all play together without worrying about who plays where.
They link up well together and despite what is generally believed about them having a preferred position, they really don't have one. Their best games together came in games where they were interchanging positions within the tripletta(LM-AM-RM).
We knew that ESR and Saka were versatile but Pepe actually proved to be versatile as well, had some great moments from the left and through the middle.

This is where we actually need to build on. Those 3 are the way to go.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League

I would like to see Saka at 10. It might be the easiest way to fit Saka and Pepe into the team at the same time. Not sure he is a 8 because I think a player like Saka should always be in the final third.

Wryer

See alot of Freddie in Saka.

Similar stature but deceptively powerful (more so for Freddie).

So intelligent that he can play multiple positions.

Makes the right decision nearly every time.

Has the ability to crank up the stats once the groove gets going.

Of course - here's to hoping Saka will eclipse Freddie's accomplishments. Talent wise, Saka is ahead given his age and exposure now.

Bloodbather

Established Member

This is a non-issue, imo. Your wingers don't have to stick to one wing the entire match.

It'd be a problem if neither of them could play LW well, but Saka clearly does.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Nonsense? 😂 We scrapped a 1-0 against the Czech R in a group game when we had already qualified. Saks did well but the teams Owen & Rooney were up against were levels above. They produced in meaningful matches in the KO stages.

If B rips it up against 1 of the big guns in the KO stage then a comparison can be made.

Rooney was so fun to watch in the 2004 Euros. Such a monster back then, so explosive and powerful. Unfortunate that he kept getting bad injuries during or before a major tournament. They usually rushed him back before he was fit too. It seems like once Rooney established himself with Man United, he lost a lot of the fire and verve that made him such a dynamic prospect. As great as his career was, still feel he underachieved a bit. I remember when Rooney was even higher rated than Cristiano.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It's clear to see that Saka is most effective playing in they inside right area of the pitch. Amazing how we've got two of our best performing players who are best at RW while at LW we're having to play someone out of position.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

You can really see the difference in a quality player like Saka and someone living off hype like Ødegaard. Big difference in performances and guile.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant

Nah, Saka is effective on either wing. Play him on the left where we can make the most of his link up with Tierney and dangerous crosses. Play Pepe on the right where we can make the most of his goal scoring.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Love how he shut up all (majorly utd fans) crying out for Sancho.

A sweet bonus. But now it's turned their eyes (and those of City) to him.

I cannot abide another Van Persie situation or the thought of being City's perpetual feeder club. I'd rather give him to Bayern for free.

At least they'll know how to utillize him & we'll live in the comfort he's across the channel.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
What a player. I was so excited to see he was starting, he runs and runs and makes things happen. Grealish was good and seems to be getting all the credit for last nights win. One journalist even claimed that Grealish brings the best out of those around him and used Saka as an eg. Does he not watch Arsenal, Saka would have played like that last night with or without Grealish!

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Sat down the pub with a bunch of United supporting mates watching the match last night. They were whining about Saka getting the nod over Sancho when the team sheet was announced.

10 minutes in, they soon shut up about Sancho :lol:

Excellent. Such a mature performance from Bukayo. Love the kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom