• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Sead Kolasinac (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
him and mustafi didn't have best times at Schalke instead they destroyed the dressing room i can see clubs not paying anything for them. just cancel his contract and move on. at least we likely getting money from Xhaka Torreira and Guendouzi even it's not big money.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I agree in sentiment, but that's 120k a week paid vacation for him...
It is a matter of bargain. The guy is 28. At this stage, he will want a nice final contract. If he is kept out of the game for a whole year, the chance that he gets a good new contract anywhere is going to be close to 0. Would he rather do that or just do what the club tells him? More importantly it sends a message to anyone who sees Arsenal as a holiday destination.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
It is a matter of bargain. The guy is 28. At this stage, he will want a nice final contract. If he is kept out of the game for a whole year, the chance that he gets a good new contract anywhere is going to be close to 0. Would he rather do that or just do what the club tells him? More importantly it sends a message to anyone who sees Arsenal as a holiday destination.

So we're sending a message that Arsenal is not a holiday destination, by literally giving him on a paid holiday?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
When we bought him, he just got into the team of the year in Germany (and was on a free) so he could ask for a high wage.

When we want to sell him, he is coming off a relegation in Germany and those high wages will put of a lot of clubs.

Arsenal are just the best at wheelin' and dealin' :lol:

RacingPhoton

Established Member
So we're sending a message that Arsenal is not a holiday destination, by literally giving him on a paid holiday?
Nope. He could have a year of paid holiday but there is a cost. The rest of his career is finished. We even played hardball and got close to 4M for Koscielny at the age of 34. Would it be so hard to get it for Kola?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Torreira, followed by Willian and Cedric, will be next on the list of Arsenal players we'll have to pay to leave our club.
I remember getting so much abuse when people were making up fees they were gonna get for these players and I said due to their wages its either loan or contract cancellation . Even Torreira i see 20 million being branded and just shake my head. its either loan or free transfer for him as well. These clubs know we have bloated squad with players we dont want and who wont add anything but take wages

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
It's even more critical we get this oaf (and M*stafi) out pronto than Xhaka.

Worst footballer I've ever seen at Arsenal.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Hold up, I thought he signed with Schalke permanently or at least his contract was up. How ****ing long of a contract did we give him??? Holy **** we're so badly run.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Is it such a disaster letting Kola go for a free transfer? We picked him up for free, he's served the club (albeit not amazingly well) and now we are trying to upgrade.

A small fee would be better, but he's on high wages because we got him for nothing. Let him go for nothing and move on. Don't see the problem.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Edu's not an alchemist who can turn **** players into gold dust. The mistake was made years ago with Kola. We've correctly identified that we need to move these players on to refresh the squad. I hope they follow through even if the fee is minimal. Much better than keeping them around, wasting wages and squad places.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Edu's not an alchemist who can turn **** players into gold dust. The mistake was made years ago with Kola. We've correctly identified that we need to move these players on to refresh the squad. I hope they follow through even if the fee is minimal. Much better than keeping them around, wasting wages and squad places.
The squad needs an overhaul for sure and Kola is one that needs to go out the door. The stay at Schalke, although it didn’t increase his value, at least gave him a chance to play.

Right now the problem in this situation isn’t Edu, but Kola, him being on the squad and not playing well and his wages, that are the problem. Unfortunately those problems, like you state, don’t have a great profitable solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom