• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith-Rowe (Out: Pure Profit)

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
Your club is undervaluing our valuation of ESR by tens of millions. These offers are a total joke, they're troll bids. These are the kind of offers that make bad blood between clubs.

I see under 1 % chance that Arsenal would consider selling ESR for under 60 million, and have seen absolutely no indication of ESR being unhappy at his boyhood club where he gets good game-time while being young, playing with good friend and top talent Saka, at a bigger club than Villa who is not in Europe either.

Check yourself and your club. I will only be angry if they're even considering this, or if ESR is stupid enough for this kind of career development. I don't believe in either.
Like I said, for us to be offering this, especially the follow up bid, we must think we have a chance of signing him. Our club is not run by idiots (anymore!)

Why haven't Arsenal laughed us off? Why have we come back with a bid that's only £5m more? If Arsenal had responded to the first bid by saying we were miles away and there's no chance of you selling, then we wouldn't come back with a bid just £5m more.

I completely agree with your fans saying he won't go and it would be a step down, or at best a sideways step. But this nonsense about it being our club trolling yours and looking for publicity is absolute nonsense.

We're not run by Venkys. Our current owners wouldn't be wasting their time with publicity and "trolling". It's absurd

Goonger

It's nothing to do with disrespect. Get over yourselves.

You should direct your anger towards the club. Clearly Villa think we can sign him. Why? We're not just bidding out of the blue. That's not how football works. Why do a club like Aston Villa think they can sign one of your golden boys from under you nose?

You're directing your anger at the wrong people.

The difference with the players you've listed is nobody is trying to sign those players because they know they would be too expensive and wouldn't be interested in leaving.

So why is it different for ESR? Thats' the question you should be asking

Your quite right to bid. From the outside our club looks a bit of a mess, we are sliding down the table, you beat us twice last year, you have owners willing to buy & absorb hundreds of millions in losses, you've signed an alleged target of ours ahead of us. You're club will be seen as being on the up, & we have a young highly rated player we are struggling to tie down to a long term contract. You are well within your rights to do what you are doing, & even how you feel the status of both clubs is.

The onus is on OUR club, owners & management, to shoot down these rumours, to get ESR tied down, to get the players in the summer to reverse the slide & get the club moving in a positive direction again, & back climbing up the table, & establish ourselves through sporting merit as a big 6 club again. Otherwise yeah, there's every chance the Villa's & Everton's will overtake us in the table.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
Why would someone direct anger towards the club management?
They did not list ESR in the market, the management is not interested in selling him, there is ongoing contract extension for him so how come the bids?
Because clubs don't just launch bids out of the blue. They sound players out and they sound clubs out.

Villa aren't run by idiots. Clearly we think we can sign him. Why?

Why havent' Arsenal locked him into a contract? Why haven't they responded to our first bid by saying "**** off, we're not selling and if we were then he'd cost £80m" or whatever.

Clearly Villa think they have a chance here. Why?

If we end up signing him will you still be angry with Villa?

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Because clubs don't just launch bids out of the blue. They sound players out and they sound clubs out.

Why havent' Arsenal locked him into a contract? Why haven't they responded to our first bid by saying "**** off, we're not selling and if we were then he'd cost £80m" or whatever.

You won't.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Like I said, for us to be offering this, especially the follow up bid, we must think we have a chance of signing him. Our club is not run by idiots (anymore!)

Why haven't Arsenal laughed us off? Why have we come back with a bid that's only £5m more? If Arsenal had responded to the first bid by saying we were miles away and there's no chance of you selling, then we wouldn't come back with a bid just £5m more.

I completely agree with your fans saying he won't go and it would be a step down, or at best a sideways step. But this nonsense about it being our club trolling yours and looking for publicity is absolute nonsense.

We're not run by Venkys. Our current owners wouldn't be wasting their time with publicity and "trolling". It's absurd
The sums you offer are totally ridiculous for this talent, even only after 6 months in EPL. He fitted straight in.

Not sure why you keep offering those, but I certainly wouldn't rule out that you might be run by idiots, who think this is good publicity. The agent point in this is a good one, so they can get better wages for ESR.

Like I have said, there has been absolutely zero indication of ESR's unhappiness, so his agents are in a tough position if their player clearly wants to stay at his boyhood club. They're trying to do a Balogun move here, getting big wages, for a player who seems to love Arsenal even more than him.

I'm not sure if there is any rules about making bids, only gentleman's rules, which I assume you might have not followed here as a club. Arsenal might have shrugged your first offer off as a total joke and you thought a bit more might help.

And no, I'm not angry at all. I'm amused, and as I have said, it's a compliment if Villa think ESR can be a Grealish replacement. We all know he has the talent for it.

Last edited:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

As in ESR’s agent could be using you to get a better and better offer from Arsenal for him.

Malky

Established Member
Clubs don't bid for players these days unless they're confident, or actually had word from the player themselves, that they're intrested in joining. How many players have we bid for in the past few years who've rejected joining us, after a bid is accepted? Vardy comes to mind, but did we even make a proper offer?
For me this has legs and it's worrying.

Malky

Established Member

Just posted similar to this and I agree completely - Villa have likely had word from ESR's camp that he's intrested and given the green light to see if we accept.
This has legs. Feel like Arteta won't give ESR assurances over playing time next season (with links to new midfielders ) hence why there's been no contract signed.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
The sums you offer are totally ridiculous for this talent, even only after 6 months in EPL. He fitted straight in.

Not sure why you keep offering those, but I certainly wouldn't rule out that you might be run by idiots, who think this is good publicity. The agent point in this is a good one, so they can get better wages for ESR.

Like I have said, there has been absolutely zero indication of ESR's unhappiness, so his agents are in a tough position if their player clearly wants to stay at his boyhood club. They're trying to do a Balogun move here, getting big wages, for a player who seems to love Arsenal even more than him.

I'm not sure if there is any rules about making bids, only gentleman's rules, which I assume you might have not followed here as a club. Arsenal might have shrugged your first offer off as a total joke and you thought a bit more might help.

And no, I'm not angry at all. I'm amused, and as I have said, it's a compliment if Villa think ESR can be a Grealish replacement. We all know he has the talent for it.
Grealish isn't going anywhere this summer. We're not looking at ESR to replace him. We're looking at him to compliment him

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Clubs don't bid for players these days unless they're confident, or actually had word from the player themselves, that they're intrested in joining. How many players have we bid for in the past few years who've rejected joining us, after a bid is accepted? Vardy comes to mind, but did we even make a proper offer?
For me this has legs and it's worrying.
Different clubs might operate in different ways. Arsenal usually has had great class in these things, legacy of Wenger.

It's pretty obvious, as first stated by MutableEarth our expert in Youth, that it's very likely agent driven hints for Villa to bid.

I have explained ESR's situation, that he is not in the best position to demand big wages if he wants to stay at his boyhood club. So this helps, and I understand it. And I think he deserves proper wages.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
Just posted similar to this and I agree completely - Villa have likely had word from ESR's camp that he's intrested and given the green light to see if we accept.
This has legs. Feel like Arteta won't give ESR assurances over playing time next season (with links to new midfielders ) hence why there's been no contract signed.
I said before if Percy is reporting it then there's something in it.

That's not to say it will happen. I've already said I don't think it will. But he doesn't make stuff up and he doesn't report on pure speculation. There's something in this and rather than be angry at Villa I'd be seriously questioning why the club are even entertaining the notion of selling ESR

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐

Something is defo going on as we had all those stories for a week about the deal close followed by what looked like a counter brief.

It could be more complicated than just money with the contract when you look at the players linked to us in his position. Ødegaard reported early summer priority & now 70m mentioned for Maddison.

With jobs at risk I dont trust any of these clowns to not cash in for their perceived 'win now' choice. It will be spun as something else... put on the player as thats what we do now at Arsenal. :facepalm:

Top Bottom