• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith-Rowe (Out: Pure Profit)

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
But we have a Villa fan here assuring us that Villa have no idiots that can be used in this way. And that all the fault is Arsenal's.

Surely you trust him more than all you know about ESR and his situation?
Why would it make Villa idiots? If they're bidding because ESR's agent told them he wants to join you can't blame them, even if the agent might be lying.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
You shouldn't let it bother you too much, it's the game you need to play...Smith-Rowe would be kind of stupid not to use their interest to his advantage.
This isn’t a common thing to do it to this extent. Something is wrong here for sure. Either we have managed the situation incorrectly, or ESR’s agent is being disrespectful af.

I get it with drumming up interest in papers, but a bid? Hmm Ok maybe, but a second bid and the telegraph reporting they’re still well in for him? It’s gone a couple steps too far for a standard contract renewal.

That’s not the way a so called big club should be getting portrayed imo, especially for a fan favourite and our top3 best players if you remove age and experience.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
This isn’t a common thing to do it to this extent. Something is wrong here for sure. Either we have managed the situation incorrectly, or ESR’s agent is being disrespectful af.

I get it with drumming up interest in papers, but a bid? Hmm Ok maybe, but a second bid and the telegraph reporting they’re still well in for him? It’s gone a couple steps too far for a standard contract renewal.

That’s not the way a so called big club should be getting portrayed imo, especially for a fan favourite and our top3 best players if you remove age and experience.
Balogun don't exactly the same. Players and agents have no loyalty to the club when negotiations are taking place. It's about getting the best deal. Arsenal will pay what he wants. But instead of messing about trying to bargain over probably 20-30k a week they should just do it.

They didn't take that long handing willian 200k a week. Thats what pisses me off.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Balogun don't exactly the same. Players and agents have no loyalty to the club when negotiations are taking place. It's about getting the best deal. Arsenal will pay what he wants. But instead of messing about trying to bargain over probably 20-30k a week they should just do it.

They didn't take that long handing willian 200k a week. Thats what pisses me off.
Balogun had less than a year left, he could have signed a pre contract in January, there is also the fact he wasn’t getting game time and wanted assurances.

This one is on a whole other level imo. ESR is a key member of our team at 21 and has 2 years left on his deal. It’s pure disrespect from the agent.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Balogun had less than a year left, he could have signed a pre contract in January, there is also the fact he wasn’t getting game time and wanted assurances.

This one is on a whole other level imo. ESR is a key member of our team at 21 and has 2 years left on his deal. It’s pure disrespect from the agent.
We don't know what Arsenal have offered him.

What is he on now? 25k a week maybe. How do you know the offer on the table isn't disrespectful to ESR. Imagine the offer on the table was 60-70k. Would you consider a new contract of 5 years at 60k a week respectful? It's more than double the money which sounds good at first.

But when you see Willian getting 200k. Pepe on maybe 130k. Auba on 300k. If we were to sign Ødegaard he would be getting more than 120k a week.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

What is he on now? 25k a week maybe. How do you know the offer on the table isn't disrespectful to ESR. Imagine the offer on the table was 60-70k. Would you consider a new contract of 5 years at 60k a week respectful? It's more than double the money which sounds good at first.

But when you see Willian getting 200k. Pepe on maybe 130k. Auba on 300k. If we were to sign Ødegaard he would be getting more than 120k a week.
Imo ESR is worth 80-90 on a 5 year deal or 70-80 on a 3 year deal (we only did 3 years with Saka I think?) we signed him on last year and he already has 3 years left despite him having a year left when he signed.

We are stupid with wages surely we are offering him enough.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Imo ESR is worth 80-90 on a 5 year deal or 70-80 on a 3 year deal (we only did 3 years with Saka I think?) we signed him on last year and he already has 3 years left despite him having a year left when he signed.

We are stupid with wages surely we are offering him enough.
And until we know what Arsenal is offering we don't know for sure who is being disrespectful.

What we know is ESR loves the club and wants to stay here. But maybe he feels Arsenals offer is undervaluing him and in fact not respecting his value to the club.

It will get done. He has no intentions of going to Villa. Why would you? But if that link can get him an extra 30k a week then fair play. The club has spent a fortune on mercenaries and money men. Time we looked after our own a little better.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
It's about time Arsenal built up some goof faith with players loyal to the club, give the young lads a contract + pay rise every year, it's what Sp**s have been doing with Kane and that's why they are in such a strong position with the player now. When Kos left he was getting paid less than Kolasinac, no wonder the player got pissed off. Arsenal take the piss with contracts.

Gn1212

We don't know that about Pepe. And the reported wages for Willian are still iffy. We heard many reports varying from 100k-200k pw.

Anyway, that 60-70k per week is actually more than I would offer. It's a bad look for players like ESR being more concerned about his salary than his growth and platform. CHO is a good example of that.
I remember Wrighty backing Saka when we were negotiating to ask for CHO like wages. Thank **** that didn't happen. That's a one way ticket to complacency.

Pyres7

I'd just like to hear a statement from Arteta or Edu saying he's not for sale for any price. We want to build the team around players like ESR and Saka, can't have teams like Villa putting in measly £25m bids. That deserves a 'what are they smoking...' type response from the club.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
From the club's point of view, it's important not to give young players too much money either...have to keep the players hungry.

If ESR uses Auba's £250,000 a week as some some of measuring stick...

Smith-Rowe has had 6 good months of football with us, Auba before he signed his deal had 2 and a 1/2 years of carrying us for goals (not to mention all his goals for Dortmund before that) he deserved that big wage, imo.

It's a balancing act for the both the club and the player, neither want to rush into this...it's all about finding a nice middle ground, with both sides doing what they can to get the deal to favour them.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I'd just like to hear a statement from Arteta or Edu saying he's not for sale for any price. We want to build the team around players like ESR and Saka, can't have teams like Villa putting in measly £25m bids. That deserves a 'what are they smoking...' type response from the club.
Yeh that’s why I’m annoyed, I don’t get why these bids are being allowed with some leaking to the press or statements or something.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Why would it make Villa idiots? If they're bidding because ESR's agent told them he wants to join you can't blame them, even if the agent might be lying.
They are making fools of themselves to think we sell for such sums, a player everyone knows wants to stay.

They should first ask what we want, or if the player is for sale. I can't believe Arsenal has said we want 40 million, Villa offer 30, and then Arsenal sells for 35.

They are making bad blood between the clubs too. Unless we have totally idiotic leadership, which I don't believe no matter what people say here.

Pyres7

We don't know that about Pepe. And the reported wages for Willian are still iffy. We heard many reports varying from 100k-200k pw.

Anyway, that 60-70k per week is actually more than I would offer. It's a bad look for players like ESR being more concerned about his salary than his growth and platform. CHO is a good example of that.
I remember Wrighty backing Saka when we were negotiating to ask for CHO like wages. Thank **** that didn't happen. That's a one way ticket to complacency.
Liverpool tried that with Sterling and look what happened.

How do you think a player is going to feel if we're offering 20-30k p/w less than Villa? He'll think we don't value him and don't really care if he leaves.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Liverpool tried that with Sterling and look what happened.

How do you think a player is going to feel if we're offering 20-30k p/w less than Villa? He'll think we don't value him and don't really care if he leaves.

Situations where a bit different...

City trying to buy you in 2015, is a lot different than Villa in 2021.

Sterling had probably outgrown Liverpool (with where they were that summer) he had been a first teamer for about 3 years, rather than just 6 months.

Plus Sterling's wasn't really about money (despite with Liverpool fans say) he was just joining a better team in the Champions League...he was always gonna get a pay increase, but Raheem wanted to play for a team that could compete for trophies, something Liverpool looked miles away from in summer 2015.

He will get a good wage, but we can't throw all our money at a 20 year old.

GLITCH

Villa fans are becoming too c*cky for my liking. Worse than Leicester City fans who actually have a good reason to be. Hopefully ESR ends this nonsense soon and extends.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Sterling had probably outgrown Liverpool (with where they were that summer) he had been a first teamer for about 3 years, rather than just 6 months.

Plus Sterling's wasn't really about money (despite with Liverpool fans say) he was just joining a better team in the Champions League...he was always gonna get a pay increase, but Raheem wanted to play for a team that could compete for trophies, something Liverpool looked miles away from in summer 2015.

Not just that, but Arsenal is, regardless of its current position, a ten times bigger club as Villa is. Joke's gotta be finished in a minute when ESR puts pen to paper.

Villa fans got a bit over their heads now.

Last edited:

Pyres7

I meant in general, not Villa in particular. It's only a matter of time before the CL clubs start sniffing around. You can't justify offering less by telling him you're trying to keep him hungry can you?

Teams like Bayern might get away with that because they're so successful and have players throwing themselves at their feet, but if we do that we'll just lose our players.

I don't think he'll join Villa but if we do offer less than they have, he'll remember it and wonder how much we value him, even if he extends his contract.

You're right though, it's a balancing act. Our wage bill got out of control with players like Theo, Wilshere, Ramsey etc on way too much too soon.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
From the club's point of view, it's important not to give young players too much money either...have to keep the players hungry.

If ESR uses Auba's £250,000 a week as some some of measuring stick...

Smith-Rowe has had 6 good months of football with us, Auba before he signed his deal had 2 and a 1/2 years of carrying us for goals (not to mention all his goals for Dortmund before that) he deserved that big wage, imo.

It's a balancing act for the both the club and the player, neither want to rush into this...it's all about finding a nice middle ground, with both sides doing what they can to get the deal to favour them.
The problem with that is they'll have several other clubs talking to their agent, if youre working somewhere you enjoy but another place is offering you anywhere between 50-200% increase on your salary it would make you pretty dissatisfied. The players will become demoralised instead of motivated. We've seen what happened to players who were tapped up over the years.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
The pr angle makes no sense, there is nothing in it for Villa to make ‘troll’ bids. If they are making multiple bids they genuinely believe they have a chance to sign him and ESR will be open to play for them, doesn’t mean it will end up happening, but they’ll make a legit effort.

Can’t see him leaving though, think they’ll agree to a new contract soon enough.

Latest posts

Top Bottom