• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith-Rowe (Out: Pure Profit)

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
It's really overdue for us to make the Grealish bid, it's 20m on Maddison's fee for a vastly superior player.

Return the favor for ESR, if it wasn't for City going in, Grealish would jump at the chance for Grealish-ESR-Saka at his favorite stadium.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
We don't know that about Pepe. And the reported wages for Willian are still iffy. We heard many reports varying from 100k-200k pw.

Anyway, that 60-70k per week is actually more than I would offer. It's a bad look for players like ESR being more concerned about his salary than his growth and platform. CHO is a good example of that.
I remember Wrighty backing Saka when we were negotiating to ask for CHO like wages. Thank **** that didn't happen. That's a one way ticket to complacency.
Growth and platform? He could get that basically anywhere. While I agree 70k could be a decent salary we don't know what is on the table.

You have to remember the club forced players to give up some of their salary yet threw money around for agents and bum players.

ESR knows his worth. He knows he is a good player and good players have negotiating power.

I dare say the messing about is over 10-20k a week. That 10-20k a week wasn't messed around with Willian, Auba, Soares, etc. If he is demanding 150k a week thats different. But if the offer is 50k and he wants 70k pay the money.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Just posted similar to this and I agree completely - Villa have likely had word from ESR's camp that he's intrested and given the green light to see if we accept.
This has legs. Feel like Arteta won't give ESR assurances over playing time next season (with links to new midfielders ) hence why there's been no contract signed.
This is what I been saying. But dumbasses like @OnlyOne think villa read Arsenalmania and just made a bid and esr is Arsenal through and through. Also some of these people here are offended it’s villa and not one of the top 4

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
This is what I been saying. But dumbasses like @OnlyOne think villa read Arsenalmania and just made a bid and esr is Arsenal through and through. Also some of these people here are offended it’s villa and not one of the top 4

Agents play games all the bloody time, if you believe what you're saying just go join the other tin hatters.

Gn1212

Growth and platform? He could get that basically anywhere. While I agree 70k could be a decent salary we don't know what is on the table.

You have to remember the club forced players to give up some of their salary yet threw money around for agents and *** players.

ESR knows his worth. He knows he is a good player and good players have negotiating power.

I dare say the messing about is over 10-20k a week. That 10-20k a week wasn't messed around with Willian, Auba, Soares, etc. If he is demanding 150k a week thats different. But if the offer is 50k and he wants 70k pay the money.
I don't think he can get as many minutes at any other top club in England.
Anyway, I think ESR will eventually sign. It's a similar case to Balogun. The lad wants to stay but their agents are just trying to get them the best deal. Club shouldn't budge, ESR is too much of a gooner and things have started clicking for him. He'll tell his agent soon to wrap it up and agree to whatever deal Arsenal offer.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I don't think he can get as many minutes at any other top club in England.
Anyway, I think ESR will eventually sign. It's a similar case to Balogun. The lad wants to stay but their agents are just trying to get them the best deal. Club shouldn't budge, ESR is too much of a gooner and things have started clicking for him. He'll tell his agent soon to wrap it up and agree to whatever deal Arsenal offer.
Depends what you define a top club. Top 4 no. Villa, Sp**s, Everton, West Ham he would get as many minutes as he gets here.

He will sign. But he knows he can squeeze a few quid more out and in his case I'm all for it. The way the club overpays bums and then tries to underpay other players they know are more loyal is a joke. Think Rob Holding was on 25k a week up until recently. Rob is no superstar but when other players who are on the bench or not even in the 23 man squad are on 80-100k something wrong.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Agents play games all the bloody time, if you believe what you're saying just go join the other tin hatters.
What game is esr agent playing behind his back? Players are not dumb. Esr sees what other earns at the club and want serious money. The job of his agent is to get him best deal and I am sure he spoke with other clubs on esr behalf and got a green light from the player. What do you think will happen if we accept villas bid. Esr and his agent will say sorry we were just playing? We want to stay? Nah he will move to villa

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
either way he should probably run the deal down to 12 months

seems risky to sign a long deal here right now with a few big money AMs linked & will be more options than just Villa

get paid!

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

seems risky to sign a long deal here right now with a few big money AMs linked & will be more options than just Villa

get paid!
And that’s what I expect a good agent to advise him. Best way to show commitment by a club is how much money they willing to pay. Either pay big or risk losing me

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

get paid!
He has an injury record, loves Arsenal etc. and would lose one year of more wages.

Makes no sense for such a person to stall and blackmail the club for that long. He could get a bad injury for example.

It's not like Balogun who had no games or a proper path.

He will sign when they get a compromise on the wages.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Is that true @OnlyOne?

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
He has an injury record, loves Arsenal etc. and would lose one year of more wages.

Makes no sense for such a person to stall and blackmail the club for that long. He could get a bad injury for example.

It's not like Balogun who had no games or a proper path.

He will sign when they get a compromise on the wages.
yeah its a risk but got to back yourself

the Villa move seems a bit mad in his position unless offering a buyout... staying here & reevaluating in 12 months looks better to me

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

yeah its a risk but got to back yourself

the Villa move seems a bit mad in his position unless offering a buyout... staying here & reevaluating in 12 months looks better to me
Back yourself how? To go into your career money first?

He has no problems here and is playing with one of his best mates in Saka, getting much game-time after his injuries in a big team which he loves.

He seems like a wise lad for his age too, so I'm sure they will get the compromise quite soon and he can focus totally on next season.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He has no problems here and is playing with one of his best mates in Saka, getting much game-time after his injuries in a big team which he loves.

He seems like a wise lad for his age too, so I'm sure they will get the compromise quite soon and he can focus totally on next season.
if we get the players we want, he will not be playing as much and since there is no european football. There wont be a lot of football next season.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
💯 got to get paid & make the most out of the short deal leverage

find it bizarre how so many of these young players are happy for clubs to make insane money on them with a long deal & no buyout... some of the Dortmund dealings in recent seasons like Dembele & Sancho are just insane!

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
The pr angle makes no sense, there is nothing in it for Villa to make ‘troll’ bids. If they are making multiple bids they genuinely believe they have a chance to sign him and ESR will be open to play for them, doesn’t mean it will end up happening, but they’ll make a legit effort.

Can’t see him leaving though, think they’ll agree to a new contract soon enough.

Imagine thinking a club that's only making bids for PR reasons is going to bother with ESR instead of an established player. 🤣

It's probably a negotiation tactic to get a bigger pay rise out of us, but Villa are obviously being encourage by one of the player's entourage.. So people dismissing this out of hand just because of their feelings are being moronic.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Because clubs don't just launch bids out of the blue. They sound players out and they sound clubs out.

Villa aren't run by idiots. Clearly we think we can sign him. Why?

Why havent' Arsenal locked him into a contract? Why haven't they responded to our first bid by saying "**** off, we're not selling and if we were then he'd cost £80m" or whatever.

Clearly Villa think they have a chance here. Why?

If we end up signing him will you still be angry with Villa?

A lot of assumptions on your part. None of them can be backed by facts.

Everybody plays their own game I guess, and the motives for it are often irrational or personal.

I'm not sure if you, or guys at Villa, know this but ESR is Arsenal through and through, there's absolutely no chance he goes to Villa, I'm sorry. If I were a betting man all of this is just a ploy to pressure us in contract negotiations. Villa probably think they have a chance because the agent has lead them to believe they're interested. If you were serious you wouldn't come in with a poverty bid as you did so I'm not sure what's in play here apart from naiveite from your recruitment office.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom