• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Konstantinos Mavropanos (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Some of you need to get a grip. If he is as good as everyone claims we get a 10-15m sell on fee when he makes his big money move to Real Madrid.
Nobody is claiming he's a superstar..maybe you live in a world were everything is extremes but for a decent footballer who has performed well in 1 of the big European leagues, who's young has still 3 years on his contact it warrants more than a few million with the potential of add ons.

For example Burnley have just signed some fella Nathan Collins from Stoke for 12m.

TimoJens

Formerly known as highbury_2006
You have to give credit to Stuttgart. I dont know if this deal was crafted by Sven or Hitzlsperger (disgusting name) or both but its a great deal for them.

Token Yank

Bottom line is he is surplus to requirements here. We have 19 CBs and just signed another one. There didn't seem to be any other teams interested. Everyone outside of England is broke. Fee could be higher but I am not going to lose sleep over it.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

So we can expect about a similar value for a Saliba then in a year or two based on that theory. Great business.

Well Saliba came with a big reputation at least. No one knew who Mavro was and most still don't. But we're taking a massive loss on Saliba most likely.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Bottom line is he is surplus to requirements here. We have 19 CBs and just signed another one. There didn't seem to be any other teams interested. Everyone outside of England is broke. Fee could be higher but I am not going to lose sleep over it.
If everyone outside of England? Stuttgart no that right? That's why they asked for €27m for Gonzalez. That why Forientina paid it. Cause they are all broke. Is Gonzalez 5 or 6 times better than Mavro?

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Shocking deal for us. I don't think he would have had any impact here, but we've given him away for peanuts.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
This is a new low. Everytime you think we can't get any worse at selling players the club surprises us again.

Guaranteed only £500k. If they stay up we get £3m. Only if all the bonus clauses are met do we get a meagre £5m.

To see how bad this deal is you have to look at Stuttgart's point of view. They must be laughing their asses off. Everything is loaded in their favour, minimal risks if it doesn't work out, high rewards if it does. The season he has had, how much realistically would they had to spend to replace him with similar level of player?

The only good thing here is the sell-on clause but we don't know what percentage that is. Knowing us it is probably a tiny percentage.

Last edited:

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Such a poor deal and I don't even rate Mavro that highly.

No-one should be defending this. Stuttgart have well and truly had our pants down here, no way around it.

Wouldn't surprise me if Stuttgart got us to play them at their place in a pre season friendly as part of the deal too :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom