• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If these are the names we're linked, then it's troubling times ahead.

This club never learns. Why are we trusting Mikel with a rebuild? The same person who wasted big wages on Willian, Mari and Cedric and was on his hands and knees begging Mustafi name Elneny to renew their contract?

No surprise we're linked with guys like White and Ramsdale. Who are not 3ven upgrade on what we have and we're reportedly going to pay 70m for both of them. This is the 2016/2017 window all over again.

Kysus

I've never actually seen you say who you'd like to come in. Baring in mind the positions we're looking at, who would you like to see join the club? We don't have European football, so bare that in mind as well.
We need two ready made topclass CMs.
Get someone exciting in who is actually an improvement on Xhaka&Ceballos.
Milinkovic-Savic maybe, Philipps or Rice, I don't know. If there is money spend it on a CM.

How are we supposed to control games and get back to the CL without a proper midfield?

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

This club never learns. Why are we trusting Mikel with a rebuild? The same person who wasted big wages on Willian, Mari and Cedric and was on his hands and knees begging Mustafi name Elneny to renew their contract?

No surprise we're linked with guys like White and Ramsdale. Who are not 3ven upgrade on what we have and we're reportedly going to pay 70m for both of them. This is the 2016/2017 window all over again.

Oh shut the **** up about White, he’s absolutely going to be an upgrade you maggot.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We need two ready made topclass CMs.
Get someone exciting in who is actually an improvement on Xhaka&Ceballos.
Milinkovic-Savic maybe, Philipps or Rice, I don't know. If there is money spend it on a CM.

How are we supposed to control games and get back to the CL without a proper midfield?

We have one in Partey, we only need to sign one other. Lokonga will be a good 3rd choice by the looks of things. Milly Savic is bang average, Phillips and Rice way out of price range.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

Those names are depressing af :lol: but it's probably closer to reality given where we are atm.. This is why I hardly bother keeping up with the transfer window lol. Can only hope there's at least one positive surprise before the end of the window.

Kysus

We have one in Partey, we only need to sign one other. Lokonga will be a good 3rd choice by the looks of things. Milly Savic is bang average, Phillips and Rice way out of price range.
If we spend 50mil on White there are no excuses on not going big on the top DLP we so desperately need.

Xhaka while being a decent player was the scapegoat. Well now that he is on the way out time to actually improve the Starting XI.
It's (or should be) our number one priority and time for Edu to show he is worth his position.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
he’s absolutely going to be an upgrade you
Based on what? I watched lots Brighton games last season. He wasn't better than Gabriel, Chambers and Luiz. But we want to splash a big fee for him? I'm 100% sure he won't be a success here.

Iceman10

Established Member
Oh shut the **** up about White, he’s absolutely going to be an upgrade you maggot.
Probably best to not give mixed messages. You were talking about dreadful transfer business based on a tweet talking about something like 105m spending on some players, but I was confused a little because half of that would be on Ben White. If you like Ben White, and I'm ok with him, stick up for the transfer, including the price tag. Call it dreadful transfer business apart from Ben White, or whatever.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Based on what? I watched lots Brighton games last season. He wasn't better than Gabriel, Chambers and Luiz. But we want to splash a big fee for him? I'm 100% sure he won't be a success here.

Gabriel was pretty poor large part of the season, Chambers is an absolute nobody and Luiz is a seasoned vet, not only is he better than the first two, we're paying top dollar for his potential, which is massive.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If we spend 50mil on White there are no excuses on not going big on the top DLP we so desperately need.

Xhaka while being a decent player was the scapegoat. Well now that he is on the way out time to actually improve the Starting XI.
It's (or should be) our number one priority and time for Edu to show he is worth his position.

For starters Rice is far from a DLP and you mentioned him. Phillips would be great but English tax n all that, he'd cost an absolute fortune. Personally think Neves is a fairly astute signing if it were to happen.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Probably best to not give mixed messages. You were talking about dreadful transfer business based on a tweet talking about something like 105m spending on some players, but I was confused a little because half of that would be on Ben White. If you like Ben White, and I'm ok with him, stick up for the transfer, including the price tag. Call it dreadful transfer business apart from Ben White, or whatever.

I'll give mixed messages if I want to.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
💯 signing the expensive England fringe players feels like a trap quite a few top 6-10 clubs have fallen into before

nothing new or groundbreaking just lazy scouting

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I think people are silly turning their noses up at certain players we've been linked with.

Leno
New RB - White - Gabriel/Saliba - Tierney
Partey - Neves
Pepe - Maddison - Saka
Auba​

Seriously? For a side that finished in 8th place?! Everyone wants fancy names, but Pepe, Partey and Auba were signed as fancy names. So we have the names in our squad, now we need the PL proven players around them that fit the system. Right back is a real difficult one for me to think about.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I think people are silly turning their noses up at certain players we've been linked with.

Leno
Partey - Neves
Pepe - Maddison - Saka
Auba​

Seriously? For a side that finished in 8th place?! Everyone wants fancy names, but Pepe, Partey and Auba were signed as fancy names. So we have the names in our squad, now we need the PL proven players around them that fit the system. Right back is a real difficult one for me to think about.

Top team that, probably only one you've posted I like.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member

Leno
Partey - Neves
Pepe - Maddison - Saka
Auba​

Maddison is looking very unlikely right now... dont know why youd drop the most consistent performer outside of Saka in ESR for Pepe who at his best is extremely inconsistent. But anyway remove Maddison and then compare the squad to every other top 5 team, also forget about a pre season with anyone except for maybe White and this transfer window is not looking good right now.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Top team that, probably only one you've posted I like.

With that side there's no excuses to not get into the top 4, especially with no European football. Considering the outlay would be £200M including Tavares and Lokonga. After we're back in the CL you go after a top tier striker. If Pepe continues his form, Saka continues his upside potential and the rest follow, then you don't have to buy many players over the next few years.

GLITCH

An upgrade on the void left by the Chelsea reject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten
Top Bottom