• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Willian (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman10

Established Member
Thats what was reported. Whether it's true or not your guess is as good as mine.
I was actually starting to admire what I thought was a principled desire to exit Arsenal, for sporting reasons, him acknowledging things had just not worked out. This is disappointing. Maybe we still don't know the full truth of his Arsenal package either, possibly some loyalty bonuses like Özil's contract (?).

Malky

Established Member
Absolute **** show of a transfer this has turned out, just like it was predicted last summer. The guy is 33 next month, and on £200K a week, - no club is going near him.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

possibly some loyalty bonuses
:drool: love those...

Wasn't there also a discussion at one point on possible penalties the club would have to pay unless he was allowed to play a certain amount of minutes per season?

Whoever negotiates our contracts should be hung, drawn and quartered!

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

The guy is 33 next month, and on £200K a week
That is just brutal to be honest! If we can only get 15-20m for Xhaka this guy is going to be in negative territory! Like we would have to pay to get rid of him... Might as well leave him on the squad and play him in some dead rubber games, if we have any. Or sub him in when games are either won or lost...

TinFish

He won’t leave. South American mentality is always about money. The more the better as they have this weird perception that they need to save as much possible during their working careers so they can enjoy retirement and provide for their families etc.

Look at Messi, best paid player in the world but still resorted to tax evasion. It’s the South American mentality. Sanchez too, was leeching at ManU.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He won’t leave. South American mentality is always about money. The more the better as they have this weird perception that they need to save as much possible during their working careers so they can enjoy retirement and provide for their families etc.

Look at Messi, best paid player in the world but still resorted to tax evasion. It’s the South American mentality. Sanchez too, was leeching at ManU.
Honestly, I don't think that is peculiar to just South America. It is a rather human trait that I think you will find many places.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Can’t blame him for not wanting to take a pay cut he’s in the last 2 years of the stage of his life where he can make money gotta make as much as he can before it ends. He can always play for a nothing club after this but it’s highly likely that nobody is ever going to give him such a high paying contract ever again whatever he does.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Can’t blame him for not wanting to take a pay cut he’s in the last 2 years of the stage of his life where he can make money gotta make as much as he can before it ends. He can always play for a nothing club after this but it’s highly likely that nobody is ever going to give him such a high paying contract ever again whatever he does.
He could become a coach, a manager, he obviously invests his money.

It's not like the day he stops playing football he is of no use to the world.

Rumour has it he has business interests in London and Dubai. So he will have money rolling in when he's retired. It may not be 200k a week but over the course of the year I'm sure it's not 25k.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
He could become a coach, a manager, he obviously invests his money.

It's not like the day he stops playing football he is of no use to the world.

Rumour has it he has business interests in London and Dubai. So he will have money rolling in when he's retired. It may not be 200k a week but over the course of the year I'm sure it's not 25k.
Nothing in life is certain. Apart from the 200k/week contract he has for the next 2 years that is. You wouldn’t give that up and he’s not going to either.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Nothing in life is certain. Apart from the 200k/week contract he has for the next 2 years that is. You wouldn’t give that up and he’s not going to either.
Yeah that is true. Guaranteed cash in hand. All I'm saying is he nor the next 3 or 4 generations of Willians will have financial problems unless they are foolish with their money.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I don't think enough thought is put into a player's mentality when we sign them, especially when they have had a major career at a rival club

Willian and Cech signed on because of our location and the money offered, and had no interest in performing well, as far as I can see - that must have been a very negative influence ion the rest of the team

I make an exception of Luiz, who seems to have been a hit with the other players, especially the younger ones, and I give him credit for making an effort off the field, if not always on it

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I don't think enough thought is put into a player's mentality when we sign them, especially when they have had a major career at a rival club

Willian and Cech signed on because of our location and the money offered, and had no interest in performing well, as far as I can see - that must have been a very negative influence ion the rest of the team

I make an exception of Luiz, who seems to have been a hit with the other players, especially the younger ones, and I give him credit for making an effort off the field, if not always on it
For a long time we have signed questionable characters.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Superb hustle from Willy, he's got my blessing to milk Arsenal Football Club as long as he wants

Probably counting the days until he can send his family to Orlando and he plays a final season for Corinthians without having to worry about money. Arsenal has got him covered!

DUFFMAN

Crybaby

Yeah I remember cech wanted London so his kids could stay in school.

We have to put and end to these signings.

Sick of it.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Yeah I remember cech wanted London so his kids could stay in school.

We have to put and end to these signings.

Sick of it.
This point was brought up in Willian transfer thread. Questions were raised about his motivation. But many posters didn't like that and complained that it was wrong to assume he won't be motivated. What kind of motivation would a player with a final contract before retirement have?

I am surprised that Arsenal or even most other big clubs haven't adopted Chelsea's "Over 30 policy" yet. There is plenty of talent coming through. It makes absolutely no sense to give high-wage long contracts to players over 30. If they are genuinely motivated to play good football, they will take up a short term offer and play well. If not, the clubs can easily get replacements.

TinFish

Honestly, I don't think that is peculiar to just South America. It is a rather human trait that I think you will find many places.
Having lived abroad and experienced so many cultures South American ones seem to be the worst of the lot. Regardless you’re right, Alex Song did the same lol.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

It’s a bit harsh to equate Cech and Willian. When he came in 15/16 Cech gave us the most clean sheets in the league, and the 2nd least goals against, you can’t ask for much more than that. Willian on the other hand has done sweet fa as far as I can see.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
It’s a bit harsh to equate Cech and Willian. When he came in 15/16 Cech gave us the most clean sheets in the league, and the 2nd least goals against, you can’t ask for much more than that. Willian on the other hand has done sweet fa as far as I can see.
fair enough - Cech stayed professional but I don't think he ever had any real pride in being a Gooner - certainly no Wilson or Seaman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom