• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Managerial Changes

Majora

I’ve always found it odd that you are allowed to even have managers from other countries in international football. Surely developing good coaches and staff is part of it. I think there’s an idea that it would hurt smaller countries but the ones that tend to do it are the bigger countries with good squads that want to win things like England with Capello, Belgium with Martinez etc.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Can’t believe Sp**s, Everton haven’t tried to poach over performing Bielsa. Scintillating attacking football, couldn’t give sh!t about the odd big loss, finished well above his squad cost position. Very Arsène-esque :lol:

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

@Camron must be gutted
I guess some people might be gutted not to get a taste of Jogiballs. It's interesting to see who he would pick. I think it would have been quite the reach though. The Holland job is nothing to be sniffed at. Nobody wants to see Löw get the sack.

tenor.gif

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Everton fans need to pipe down and embrace the Seria A approach, where players/managers drift between Milan/Inter/Juve and nobody gives a ****.

exactly. If you told me Potch or Conte were coming here, I'd throw a party to celebrate ffs.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Everton fans need to pipe down and embrace the Seria A approach, where players/managers drift between Milan/Inter/Juve and nobody gives a ****.
Liverpool and Everton players have crossed Stanley Park before. Nick Barmby, Don Hutchinson, Peter Beardsley, Gary Abblett.
Rafa is a Top Manager, did well at Newcastle with the resources he had. He wasn't liked at Chelsea. There was a classic moment on Talksport I think it was. Chelsea had won I think it was the Europa League, don't think that Rafa had been there for very long. A Chelsea fan was asked if Rafa should be praised for managing Chelsea to that Trophy. The supporter said something along the lines of Rafa didn't win it, the players did.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Been texting my Everton supporting Brother-in-Law. He is appalled by the appointment. I mentioned about players crossing the Stanley Park divide.
I mentioned about George Graham going to Sp**s and winning the league cup with them.
This might take a while for him to get used to. He was a bit down when Francis Jeffers went to Arsenal.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Be careful what you wish for swapping managers is easy but getting a top one to come to the Prem and risk their reputation to try & compete with the top 4 is super tough.
Rafa is a decent manager and probably thinks with money he can get Everton top 8.

I am certainly glad we have got stability going into a new season and arent spending months scratching around without a manager and being turned down left, right & centre like some spotty kid at the school disco, (Sp**s) 😂 .

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This is going to be quite a tricky job for Vieira, I doubt he can match up to what Hodgson did turning them from a side fighting relegation to a solid mid-table outfit. Because due to their ceiling you'd imagine their limit is about 10th at best and even then there's a lot of competition these days to finish top half. So if he's hovering around 15th or so Palace fans might start getting unhappy especially if the football isn't the best. I can't see Vieira really doing much to enhance his reputation tbh.

That said knowing how we work even doing a remotely competent job might be enough for him to get the Arsenal gig.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

This is going to be quite a tricky job for Vieira, I doubt he can match up to what Hodgson did turning them from a side fighting relegation to a solid mid-table outfit. Because due to their ceiling you'd imagine their limit is about 10th at best and even then there's a lot of competition these days to finish top half. So if he's hovering around 15th or so Palace fans might start getting unhappy especially if the football isn't the best. I can't see Vieira really doing much to enhance his reputation tbh.

That said knowing how we work even doing a remotely competent job might be enough for him to get the Arsenal gig.
I think it is a risky appointment for Palace as well. You would think they'd gone for a more experienced manager. That squad is in need of an overhaul. This could quickly become a relegation battle.

Tir Na Nog

I think it is a risky appointment for Palace as well. You would think they'd gone for a more experienced manager. That squad is in need of an overhaul. This could quickly become a relegation battle.

I don't think they were going to get a manager as good as Roy, clearly they wanted to try a younger option but I agree this is incredibly risky for them. I know Nuno was their first choice I believe which would've been a far better option for where they are. Vieira has never shown a great deal as a manager tbh, did an ok job with Nice for a while but goals was a major problem and apparently his football was pretty dull.

Also teams are improving. You look at the top 6, Leicester, Everton, Leeds, Villa, West Ham all teams that you expect to definitely be above Palace. Teams like Newcastle, Wolves and Southampton around them which could improve. Burnley have Dyche who usually has them punching above their weight and Brighton have a much higher ceiling based on their expected points for last season. We also don't know how the newly promoted sides will fair, Palace could very well struggle and be in for a fight.

Tir Na Nog

Interesting to see how Paddy juggles managing Palace and joining Daniel Ek's board when he takes over Arsenal, tbh...but if anyone can, Vieira can!

Was literally thinking about this, like surely there'd be a conflict of interests if Ek was to succeed. It's almost as if they all know it's never gonna happen in a million years and it was all for PR like I've been saying, but nah that can't be it, A-M have assured me Ek will succeed.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom