• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

James Maddison

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
He has a lot of talent but some Leicester fans been telling me that he is inconsistent. For the fees quoted, you want someone who can deliver consistency.

jato

I think he is someone that is similar to Mkhitaryan but I haven't watched enough of him. Inconsistent but can bag goals and assists at any time, except I think Mkhitaryan requires mental confidence and the team style to be a particular way to get the best out of him.

We don't have goals from midfield which I think is why Arteta wants to buy him as well. He creates and as well as being able to create on his own, is PL proven and also being homegrown helps. Add his contract with Leicester is why his price tag is higher than what we'd want as he isn't worth 60 mil+

Also doesn't help he does seem to be injured a bit. I'd prefer Coutinhno instead if we can get him on the cheap and use that money to go to other areas of the squad

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Bruno produced much more than him. He has shown more consistent level in top level.

Sp**s at home - 1 goal in the 6-1 loss (penalty)
Chelsea at home - nothing
Arsenal at home - nothing
City at home - nothing
Liverpool away - nothing
Arsenal away - nothing
Chelsea away - nothing
City away - 1 goal (penalty)
Sp**s away - nothing
Liverpool at home - 1 goal in a 4-2 loss

He isn't consistent at the top level, he's consistent against crap teams. 2 of the above goals against the big teams were penalties as well. Not even an assist against the above sides. 9 goals from open play in the league last season, 9 goals from penalties.

He's a good player, but he's severely overrated. Maddison got one less goal than him from open play lol.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

City at home - nothing
Liverpool away - nothing
Arsenal away - nothing
Chelsea away - nothing
Sp**s away - nothing

He isn't consistent at the top level, he's consistent against crap teams. 2 of the above goals against the big teams were penalties as well. Not even an assist against the above sides. 9 goals from open play in the league last season, 9 goals from penalties.

He's a good player, but he's severely overrated. Maddison got one less goal than him from open play lol.
Since most teams fall under the crap section he he consistently produce against 14 of the 19 team he has done well. And Maddison by all accounts have bad attitude and chronic hip problems which is why lesta would sell him

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Anyone else think the club is after Aouar AND Maddison? 433

ESR-Auba-Pepe
Aouar-Partey-Maddison

Not sure how balanced or defensively good that team is but that's probably the closest you'll get to a City 433.

Foden-Sterling-Mahrez
Gundo-Fernandinho-KdB.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Anyone else think the club is after Aouar AND Maddison? 433

ESR-Auba-Pepe
Aouar-Partey-Maddison

Not sure how balanced or defensively good that team is but that's probably the closest you'll get to a City 433.

Foden-Sterling-Mahrez
Gundo-Fernandinho-KdB.
I dont think we'd get 2 attacking midfielders and Arteta probably wants to stick with 2 central with Partey getting forward. Given who we're linked with in the last couple of days and how Arteta isnt particularly fond of Pepe. If its Maddison instead of Aouar push Esr out to the wing and put Maddison in the middle. Rotate as needed with Pepe, Martinelli, Balogun, Lokonga, Azeez...... and Elneny :facepalm:

----------Auba
Aour--------------Saka
-----------Esr
-----Neves--Partey

It would be quite balaned, lot of legs in the forward players, except maybe Auba but he can focus on timing his runs with that kind of energy in midfield.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I think he is an overrated player and not as good as some on here think, but, he has the personality and temperament that could see him become a big signing for Arsenal, if that makes sense.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I wouldn’t start him at the start of the season. Plus, Pepe finished the season strong so we shouldn’t remove him out of the team. Saka will force his way in. Don’t worry
Longterm, i'd go Saka left, Pepe right anyway, Saka links up well with Tierney and has a good cross, let him create. Pepe has a good shot, let him cut in and score. Its pretty simple, Arteta doesn't need to complicate it.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
City at home - nothing
Liverpool away - nothing
Arsenal away - nothing
Chelsea away - nothing
Sp**s away - nothing

Yeah so overrated but our manager tactically made him looks decent. I keep telling you many times, Bruno looks decent because Ole has system that suits him and get the best out of him. Look at his form in Portugal not as good as he is at United.

Not sure if Arteta can do the same to Maddison. On top of that he used to had bad attitude when he was younger and he recently during near end of the season he was dropped in important game due to outside football problem. He might end up getting the Douzi’s treatment. :lol:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yeah so overrated but our manager tactically made him looks decent. I keep telling you many times, Bruno looks decent because Ole has system that suits him and get the best out of him. Look at his form in Portugal not as good as he is at United.

Not sure if Arteta can do the same to Maddison. On top of that he used to had bad attitude when he was younger and he recently during near end of the season he was dropped in important game due to outside football problem. He might end up getting the Douzi’s treatment. :lol:

Maddison is about to have his first child. Trust me that nonsense will stop very soon.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Maddison is about to have his first child. Trust me that nonsense will stop very soon.

Yup, he's going to be trading out those booze fueled orgies for the trilogy of snot, vomit and poo, all lightly marinated in a bed of midnight wake ups. It's a toss up whether I'd find it easier to turn it on for match day after a night of smashing rum or a night of helping mum...

Top Bottom