• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Midfielder or in deNile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Young people are dumb but as professional football he should have acted better and didn't go drive while he drunk. Glad everything is ok.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Why should he get punished for crashing his car?

Kav

Established Member
Exactly people jumping to conclusions like sheep without thinking about the myriad of possibilities. Perhaps he was not driving? Perhaps he was. Doesn’t mean alcohol was involved. Could have been speeding or even that another car caused the accident.

We just don’t know and we should wait until a more fulsome report is made before jumping to conclusions.

Iceman10

Established Member
Exactly people jumping to conclusions like sheep without thinking about the myriad of possibilities. Perhaps he was not driving? Perhaps he was. Doesn’t mean alcohol was involved. Could have been speeding or even that another car caused the accident.

We just don’t know and we should wait until a more fulsome report is made before jumping to conclusions.
Some comments in realtime were deleted from this thread because the accident hadn't been confirmed. One of those comments contained tweets from people on the scene, talking about Ainsley reeking of alcohol, or something like that. At least some of the contents of the tweets were obviously legit because the accident was then later confirmed. FWIW.

Kav

Established Member
Some comments in realtime were deleted from this thread because the accident hadn't been confirmed. One of those comments contained tweets from people on the scene, talking about Ainsley reeking of alcohol, or something like that. At least some of the contents of the tweets were obviously legit because the accident was then later confirmed. FWIW.

Even so one should thread cautiously before assuming anything based on a tweet or hearsay. It just isn’t solid ground to stand on. Let more information come out then we can discuss.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
I really hope Ainsley will be our RB moving forward. I remember multiple periods where he impressed me with his link up play and his ability to beat his man from a standing start as a RB. Arteta simplifies the tasks that the fullbacks have to do and his previous training as a CM makes him excellent in the limited things he has to do.

He'll never be a CM at the top level for me but I think he'd excel as our long term RB.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I really hope Ainsley will be our RB moving forward. I remember multiple periods where he impressed me with his link up play and his ability to beat his man from a standing start as a RB. Arteta simplifies the tasks that the fullbacks have to do and his previous training as a CM makes him excellent in the limited things he has to do.

He'll never be a CM at the top level for me but I think he'd excel as our long term RB.

Why are you up so late? It's past your bedtime, can you log off please and get some sleep.

ragnarock

I’ve been thinking the same. Let him have a real go at the inverted RB position. There is 100% some Hale End-bias there but I think there is value in giving your own some extra leeway. Guy was picked for England not to long ago.

Let Niles and Chambers fight for RB and revisit next season if it doesn’t work out.

Gn1212

There is a chance this actually happens. He is not in the transfer list despite him looking all but sure to leave this summer.
Seems like him and Willock are in the same basket with the club willing to evaluate their situation during preseason and then decide what to do.
Keep an eye in the upcoming weeks.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
We badly need to shed some right sided players. AMN, Willian, Cedric, Chambers, Bellerin, Nelson, Willock.

Probably want to keep two, or max three from that list

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
francis.png

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
what lol
you don't think there's a chance?
Not that I don't think there is a chance, I just don't think he should be a RB and it's frustrating to see the same argument being had. I almost want him to be sold at this point so the argument can end!

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Prayers for Ainsley's health, but is there a possibility of jail time if he was really drunk?

If he had seriously injured or killed someone then yes he would have gone to jail, and it would have been deserved. I dont get it when wealthy people who can afford a full time driver go and drive while drunk :facepalm: Obviously no one should, rich or poor!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
If he had seriously injured or killed someone then yes he would have gone to jail, and it would have been deserved. I dont get it when wealthy people who can afford a full time driver go and drive while drunk :facepalm: Obviously no one should, rich or poor!
I did look into it further and it appears there is no proof that he was actually drunk or high.

OSBK

Established Member
I’ve been thinking the same. Let him have a real go at the inverted RB position. There is 100% some Hale End-bias there but I think there is value in giving your own some extra leeway. Guy was picked for England not to long ago.

Let Niles and Chambers fight for RB and revisit next season if it doesn’t work out.

Lets be honest mate we cannot afford all these lets try it and see if works out next season. Chambers, amn, holding, neny, willian, willock, laca. All those players likely to be here next season and all have to perform to level that is likely beyond them for us to get top 4. AMN has had his chances and it hasnt worked, we cant afford to keep saying every season 1 more try. The standard of RB in the premier league is probably at the one of its highest points, we need to be aiming for that and not a maybe.

Last edited:

ragnarock

Lets be honest mate we cannot afford all these lets try it and see if works out next season. Chambers, amn, holding, neny, willian, willock, laca. All those players likely to be here next season and all have to perform to level that is likely beyond them for us to get top 4. AMN has had his chances and it hasnt worked, we cant afford to keep saying every season 1 more try. The standard of RB in the premier league is probably at the one of its highest points, we need to be aiming for that and not a maybe.

Holding, Elneny, Willian probably won’t be starting though so there’s not that many smaller “risky” projects when everyone’s fit.

Sexy wingback is the new striker though, gonna cost premium.

BTW i did not write “it’s coming home” in my previous post. I hope they win it though. No matter how insufferable you guys will get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom