• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Lacazette joined after the club fell out of the CL.
Yes I know that why I said I put Lacazette in there since it's my own personal opinion. He didn't make us drop out but helped in us staying out because he's poor for 3/4 of the season. What was the away goal drought he had? Him and Özil being so poor away from home was a big detriment.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Yes I know that why I said I put Lacazette in there since it's my own personal opinion. He didn't make us drop out but helped in us staying out because he's poor for 3/4 of the season. What was the away goal drought he had? Him and Özil being so poor away from home was a big detriment.
Giroud played a bigger role in the decline of the club.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

This guy cost of so much I am actually tired of seeing his name on the forums he completely sabotaged the ting.

Definitely got better with age, but nah f*ck that guy.

Let me delete my praise I don't even wanna show any ratings kmft.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
18M€ euros could be the number will make this deal happen we really need to move on taking too long and we not in position to listen to other bids because his stubborn head set to Roma

BigPoppaPump

Yeah exactly, and Lacazette was even worse than Giroud. We spent 50 million on a downgrade. Regardless we qualified for CL with Giroud multiple times something we never did with Laca so how did he play the bigger role?

Once Alexis and Özil declined the writing was on the wall.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Yeah exactly, and Lacazette was even worse than Giroud. We spent 50 million on a downgrade. Regardless we qualified for CL with Giroud multiple times something we never did with Laca so how did he play the bigger role?
Lacazette played in a much worse team. Put him in that 2013-2016 side and he'd outscore Giroud.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
If Lacazette was so much better than Giroud then he'd play for France.
If he had played in that Arsenal team he'd be outscoring him, that's the point. Whether that's enough to get into the France team doesn't really matter because Deschamps seems to want a big target man in his team.

BigPoppaPump

If he had played in that Arsenal team he'd be outscoring him, that's the point. Whether that's enough to get into the France team doesn't really matter because Deschamps seems to want a big target man in his team.
The guy can't even finish 90 minutes you ain't outscoring anyone if you're tired after 30 mins. But again this is just opinions so no point going back and forth if we won't agree.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
That's you're opinion though, I don't agree. If Lacazette was so much better than Giroud then he'd play for France.

He didn't say he was better, he said he would score more, which he would...style wise, Laca would have suited that team better than Giroud...feel Giroud and Laca are about the same level as players though, with Olivier being more useful for teams that could cover his flaws like France can/could.

Even in that little six month spell in 17/18, Sanchez-Laca-Özil were very good to watch together, despite the team pretty much falling apart around them...shame we didn't get to see that attack for longer, and when Alexis and Mesut were in their prime.

BigPoppaPump

He didn't say he was better, he said he would score more, which he would...style wise, Laca would have suited that team better than Giroud...feel Giroud and Laca are about the same level as players though, with Olivier being more useful for teams that could cover his flaws like France can/could.

Even in that little six month spell in 17/18, Sanchez-Laca-Özil were very good to watch together, despite the team pretty much falling apart around them...shame we didn't get to see that attack for longer, and when Alexis and Mesut were in their prime.
That spell where he kept getting benched/not even starting at all? I remember people being mad at Wenger for not giving him enough game time and dropping him lol. He just never had the fitness for the PL you could see form day 1. Also wasn't Alexis pretty much finished by then? I really don't remember this period you're talking about and you tend to have rose tinted glasses for the past.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Stan was the reason for our decline, he simply didn’t back Wenger to maintain or push for more. You can’t blame the players, it’s not the fault of Giroud that there was no other striker to take his place.

We had to sign Özil OR Higuain. Both would’ve cost 80M and won you the league definitely.

Xhaka is actually a good footballer and a strong character, he’s just maybe in the wrong league and a toxic club.

If he wasn’t an Arsenal player and we watched him in the Euros, most of this would be saying we need a leader like him.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Might be out scoring him, but so would Darren Bent. All round though, Giroud was a better player.

Should’ve signed Higuain AND Özil. I don’t even rate Higuain but he would’ve put away all those easy chances Giroud missed for 3 months when we were on course for a title.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Might be out scoring him, but so would Darren Bent. All round though, Giroud was a better player.

Should’ve signed Higuain AND Özil. I don’t even rate Higuain but he would’ve put away all those easy chances Giroud missed for 3 months when we were on course for a title.
Di Maria was the one to sign, needed a bit more pace in the forward line when Walcott was injured, could've followed it up with Fabregas the following year then. What could've been :(

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Imagine if they'd let Walcott go to Liverpool in January 2013 and signed Sturridge as his replacement like the rumours said? 2013 Studge ahead of Özil was a guaranteed title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom