• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Xhaka
Torreira
Kolasinac
Runarsson
Bellerin
Cederic
Elneny
Willian
Nketiah
Lacazette

All still at the club. Not been following too closely, are any of those close to being gone?

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Balance FC
seriously, people needs to stop playing videogames
First of all, you're quoting me, don't use "people" when directly addressing someone. It's condescending and a bit rude tbh.

Second, I don't play video games. Haven't done it for the last 15 years or so.

Instead of throwing out a comment that reeks of arrogance, why don't you try and refute my suggested line up with why it wouldn't work. I've watched football all my life and played for the majority of it at a decent level. I don't see how this couldn't work if given time and coaching.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Xhaka
Torreira
Kolasinac
Runarsson
Bellerin
Cederic
Elneny
Willian
Nketiah
Lacazette

All still at the club. Not been following too closely, are any of those close to being gone?
Xhaka
Torreira
Kolasinac
Runarsson
Bellerin
Cederic
Elneny
Willian
Nketiah
Lacazette

Xhaka is fairly close if we accept the poverty bid that's on the table from Roma. We rejected a £12m bid from Palace for Nketiah (holding out for more), Runnarson supposedly going on loan but it's gone a bit quiet.

Don't think so on the others, but there was a strong rumour from Wayne Gooney that Torreira is still in Uruguay crying because someone stole his milk money.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
First of all, you're quoting me, don't use "people" when directly addressing someone. It's condescending and a bit rude tbh.

Second, I don't play video games. Haven't done it for the last 15 years or so.

Instead of throwing out a comment that reeks of arrogance, why don't you try and refute my suggested line up with why it wouldn't work. I've watched football all my life and played for the majority of it at a decent level. I don't see how this couldn't work if given time and coaching.
That will definitely work. That’s almost our best team on paper without new signings. The only thing I would change is to have laca instead of auba (Cant have limited poacher in my team, need our strikers to drop deep and be creative. Laca is not great either but he is not as limited as auba). On the left, Saka push up to the half space, or he can move out wide while Martinelli can occupy the half space. Same goes on the right with ESR and Pepe. When they are pushed up or out wide, the space they left should be occupied by inverted fullbacks. That’s how this system would work.

Last edited:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
It is actually crazy that we haven't done the necessary business. When you really think about it. 7 weeks till the window closes. 3 weeks till the season starts. We can visibly see how quarantine periods mean the player can't play for an extended period of time after signing and moving to the country. So with that in mind, if we are signing players from abroad we should be doing it early and if they live in the UK, we could probably leave it later.

However, no matter what happens, if our squad isn't ready and settled by then and players are still due to leave or to arrive we will drop points.

I always had this feeling under Wenger that we dropped points early on through a lack of preparation and doing our business late. Those points count the same as points at the end of a season. We can't just throw them away while other teams build momentum. Especially with the fixture list and the way the crowd will react to a defeat. We will literally be starting the season with Willian on the left and Elneny in midfield.

You said we don't really need an AM. We will sign a CM before the season starts, which is your preferred and most important signing. That will be four signings before the season has even begun.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
You said we don't really need an AM. We will sign a CM before the season starts, which is your preferred and most important signing. That will be four signings before the season has even begun.

It's not ideal but it's true that we don't really need the AM or backup goalie in until late in the window, especially if they have experience in the prem. I guess Okonkwo has been getting preseason minutes partly in case he is needed as an emergency number 2.

Right back is more of an issue but then we already have four on our books so it's not realistic that we would sign another until at least two are shipped out (probably Bellerin & AMN it's looking like). I wanted us to go all in for Hakimi but we weren't in a good position to do that this year.

Getting the sales done remains the priority. I think Edu and co. have done alright on the new signings, but the outgoing business looks terrible at the moment.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
It's not ideal but it's true that we don't really need the AM or backup goalie in until late in the window, especially if they have experience in the prem. I guess Okonkwo has been getting preseason minutes partly in case he is needed as an emergency number 2.

Right back is more of an issue but then we already have four on our books so it's not realistic that we would sign another until at least two are shipped out (probably Bellerin & AMN it's looking like). I wanted us to go all in for Hakimi but we weren't in a good position to do that this year.

Getting the sales done remains the priority. I think Edu and co. have done alright on the new signings, but the outgoing business looks terrible at the moment.

Won't really disagree with any of that. Can't believe Xhaka still hasn't gone.

Gn1212

It's dead at the moment @Elite Smarts .
We were interested in him earlier in the window but we dropped out.
Bayern, Man Utd, Everton, West Ham, Sp**s and Arsenal were all interested at various points but none managed to get to advanced stages with him.

I believe Norwich are asking for ~30m which is what is turning interest away.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Not sure that'll be upgrade on Hector. Not many people who watch Norwich impressed with him

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Not sure that'll be upgrade on Hector. Not many people who watch Norwich impressed with him
I thought he was the second coming of Dani Alves judging by how many on AM were twerking for this guy?

Never seen the kid play so I have no opinion.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Good RB but we already have a top quality RB in Chambers and a decent RB in Cedric. With Bellerin being move on RB position is the strongest it's been since Sagna.

Spend the money on our problem position at CM instead.

REWB

Good RB but we already have a top quality RB in Chambers and a decent RB in Cedric. With Bellerin being move on RB position is the strongest it's been since Sagna.

Spend the money on our problem position at CM instead.
Chambers is NOT top quality. But I agree with you. This talk of getting a RB is ridiculous. We already have 3 adequate RB that can do a Job. Would be nice to get a Top quality one for sure, but it should not be our priority this summer unless one of our RB's move on.

Elite Smarts

Gouendizi 🤦‍♂️

Read this article and it will explain why Max Aarons is quality.

He's 21 and only getting better! Definite upgrade over Bellerin. FFS Chambers and Cedric are both better than Bellerin if were being serious.

Elite Smarts

Gouendizi 🤦‍♂️
It's dead at the moment @Elite Smarts .
We were interested in him earlier in the window but we dropped out.
Bayern, Man Utd, Everton, West Ham, Sp**s and Arsenal were all interested at various points but none managed to get to advanced stages with him.

I believe Norwich are asking for ~30m which is what is turning interest away.
30M pounds for Young talented RB is a good damn price. I rather have Aarons than Wan Bassika which Man U paid 50Ms for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom