• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tammy Abraham

Do you want Tammy at Arsenal?

• Yes

Votes: 20 27.0%
  • No

Votes: 34 45.9%
  • Don't care either

Votes: 20 27.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You guys talk about two years ago, Lampard still went and signed Werner to play him through the middle after seeing Abraham.

You guys are drooling over another Chelsea reject who isn’t rated.

“Accept where we are” - but we signed Auba and Pepe without CL? Accept what?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Also, nobody is saying “I watched him, he’ll be an excellent target man”, or “he’s a great finisher”, you guys are just telling me he score some goals 2 years ago.

This forum watched him last season and mocked him.

GDeep™

League is very weak
“Accept where we are” - which basically means don’t complain about us signing average players for big prices.

Leicester are signing man like Youri Tielmans, while Sp**s and Villa are keeping hold of 100M players like Grealish, Kane etc.

But we have to accept where we are. Where is that btw? Historic club in London paying some of the biggest wages in Europe?

Alexs

Abraham is less than the sum of his parts a younger, less good version of Auba if you will.

makes note to self to be consistent in posts over the next decade or so

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
“Accept where we are” - which basically means don’t complain about us signing average players for big prices.

Leicester are signing man like Youri Tielmans, while Sp**s and Villa are keeping hold of 100M players like Grealish, Kane etc.

But we have to accept where we are. Where is that btw? Historic club in London paying some of the biggest wages in Europe?
not sure it applies to this transfer though... we have two senior strikers & two prospects so its not a position we need to fill this summer like CB, RB, CM, CAM or the backup positions

the club seem to be actively looking to move one or two on to bring in Abraham... they must really rate him. its nice seeing us be proactive rather than just filing needs.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog

Accept we are a Chelsea dumpster

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Correct, but this had to be answered again :)
49930627.jpg

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Ouch so @GDeep™ actually thought Tammy was one of the best strikes in Europe. What a U turn.

Also me saying accept where we are means for this window. We will have to be overpaying a bit for guys like White and Maddison. But we've we've scouted well with Tavares and Lokonga. So we've got a nice mix. We just can't sign the real world class ready made players right now.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
This happens every summer here. I diss a player, there is an uproar, the player always turns out to be rubbish and we finish 8th. I’m always right.

Imagine going from Auba to Tammy.

Auba who can't hit a bar door with a banjo? You also said you don't rate Auba technically.

You really can't say you think Tammy is one of the best youngsters and best young strikers in Europe then make a dramatic U turn because he isn't getting minutes under Tuchel.

You say it's because he shouldn't be starting for Arsenal. But we finished 8th? Tammy would probably get us CL football and you never know he could really kick on from there.

MikeVinna

Established Member
This happens every summer here. I diss a player, there is an uproar, the player always turns out to be rubbish and we finish 8th. I’m always right.

Imagine going from Auba to Tammy.

Auba’s not going anywhere yet. And when he does Laca will be gone too so we can buy a new CF if needed.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Also, nobody is saying “I watched him, he’ll be an excellent target man”, or “he’s a great finisher”, you guys are just telling me he score some goals 2 years ago.

This forum watched him last season and mocked him.
The forum also mocks many of our own players.
Mainly due to having a bang average squad.

Laca peaked before he arrived here and has been pretty much Abraham standard ever since.
I am not saying Abraham is or will ever be a world level striker (neither is laca) but he can improve. Very few strikers peak until 26 ish.

Being English increases his value & we need English players
Rashford & Greenwood are valued at circa 100m+ each and i wouldnt want to pay that for them.

All i am saying is as a Laca replacement it looks fair enough business.
We wont be signing 100m+ strikers FACT.
its ok saying we got Auba & Pepe without Champs league but Auba had few other options at the time & we overpaid by massively to get pepe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom