• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

James Maddison

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Won the FA Cup by beating City and Chelsea with him on the left. Won the Community Shield a month later with him on the left again.

Could be argued that was Auba's peak btw. Always had the tag of being a choker before, not performing against big clubs. 2 goals against City, 2 against Chelsea and 1 against Liverpool. Pretty unstoppable until he signed that contract.

Just to clarify. I don't think Auba can play there anymore because he's getting older and he doesn't seem as motivated nowadays.
Wow, is that really so important? I don't really rate domestic cups but I like the way you make it more dramatic by adding Community Shield. :lol:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

@HairSprayGooners looks like your 200m was a dream after all. :lol:

I don't think we'll spend 200M but fwiw, as Ornstein says it's not because we can't afford him, looks like it's more down to wanting to trust ESR which I think is probably the right thing to do.

When you have a kid as good as ESR smashing 70M and giving Maddison 200K is silly.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
I don't think we'll spend 200M but fwiw, as Ornstein says it's not because we can't afford him, looks like it's more down to wanting to trust ESR which I think is probably the right thing to do.

When you have a kid as good as ESR smashing 70M and giving Maddison 200K is silly.

He said it would be huge stretch of Arsenal’s finance. Tell me Arsenal don’t have 200m budget to spend without telling me Arsenal don’t have 200m budget to spend.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

He said it would be huge stretch of Arsenal’s finance. Tell me Arsenal don’t have 200m budget to spend without telling me Arsenal don’t have 200m budget to spend.

Same guy who said we couldn't afford Pepe & Partey so you have to take it with a grain of salt. Also the only person who actually thought we'd spend 200M was @HairSprayGooners & @American_Gooner so it's not like it was a majority thought.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

blrgooner

Established Member
Won the FA Cup by beating City and Chelsea with him on the left. Won the Community Shield a month later with him on the left again.

Could be argued that was Auba's peak btw. Always had the tag of being a choker before, not performing against big clubs. 2 goals against City, 2 against Chelsea and 1 against Liverpool. Pretty unstoppable until he signed that contract.

Just to clarify. I don't think Auba can play there anymore because he's getting older and he doesn't seem as motivated nowadays.
I don`t think it has got anything to do with age. Auba on the wings is quite simply Arteta saying that we are going to be playing completely on the counter and make no attempt to control the game in the midfield. Which was fine for big games against City and Chelsea. Auba will give defensive cover and may be efficient in finishing when we get chances. It just is not an option in the long term if we actually want to play good football in this system though. He is very poor in the buildup play and is not very useful on the ball when we are away from the opposition penalty area.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Ornstein shattering dreams. It would be terrible if we didn’t sign an attacking mid. ESR isn’t ready for that role, currently he’s more effective on the wing.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Ornstein shattering dreams. It would be terrible if we didn’t sign an attacking mid. ESR isn’t ready for that role, currently he’s more effective on the wing.

I suspect there is still something to be said about the return of Ødegaard, even if another loan. He has shown an ability to play with both Saka and ESR at the same time and provides a rotation option as well.

For 50m, assuming we buy and buy, I think it would be a possible and good investment bringing in both Ode and Auoar.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Our play style’s changed as well as some ageing taking its effect. We just don’t break on people now and he has no hold up, left foot or noggin.
That's what I'm trying to say. Auba can't really do much on the pitch other than score, if you want your 9 to do all the hold up play, creating for others, playing 1 2's then Auba should be on the LW where he can focus on making runs.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I think Auba is done in terms of being what he once was, a lot of it isn't even his own fault it's just hard to see at his age him coming back from a pretty mediocre season and hitting the same heights.
Disagree, it's not he's lost pace or stamina and is constantly injured. We just don't create enough, create chances and he'll score. Otherwise he's just another white elephant.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
That's what I'm trying to say. Auba can't really do much on the pitch other than score, if you want your 9 to do all the hold up play, creating for others, playing 1 2's then Auba should be on the LW where he can focus on making runs.
If we’re being honest with our selves his finishing skills are limited too. Feeling a lot like a Goldilocks player these days that needs the right type of chance on his right foot with exactly the right type of structure behind him.

Top Bottom