• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: The Croy-10 Cruyff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
I am happy to see your annoying conspiracy theory thrown to where it rightly belongs - trash can.

Expecting 'our rivals' to come for Saka, 25m in raw cash and your 'world class' fans will start singing twitter how you stole 'our keeper' and coming for the rest of the squad.
What are you on about? 😂

Impact

Established Member
Good to tie Smith Rowe down long term. Clearly has top potential and is already performing at a high level. We have to, and he has to, expect a lot from him/himself next year. He should be aiming for 30+ appearances with 15+ G/A at minimum.

I now open to the idea of Smith Rowe as our first choice #10 with Willock in reserve provided we buy genuine top quality at LW and CM (Grealish and Locatelli being the dream).

Wryer

Special videos to mark new contracts scares me nowadays. Cue Auba, Özil.

But nonetheless pleased the kid had signed. Not sure about the jersey number (yet), but that clearly signals Arteta's plans for him.

myoldarsenal

Nah, Villa are historically a solid club with loads of domestic honours down the years and can't take a European Cup win away from them either.

Having said that, they really missed the boat at the start of the PL era and a club with that geographical location could reasonably have been expected to fair a good bit better in recent times.

Don't know why all fans have to consistently partake in this 'my club is bigger than your club' nonsense though.

Nottingham Forest are historically a great club too.

My point was with the **** wagging Villa fans have been doing you'd think its Prime Barca in comparison to us.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
You missed out Gallas and Wilshere.

Wilshere was probably on the same level as ESR when he got the 10. He had more first team experience but he was nowhere near the finished product.

Gallas getting the 10 and the armband was a disgrace to football.

Nahh. Wilshere didn't have great end product and wasn't really a 10, but he was more gifted than ESR. I think Wilshere should have kept that 19 shirt. Would have become iconic if things worked out for him here. Wilshere was more naturally gifted than any current Hale end product.

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !
Such a intelligent player for his age. Fitness is an issue though. Hopefully playing fewer games this season will help.

Fantastic we're tying our top prospects down though.

Tom Mix

Nottingham Forest are historically a great club too.

My point was with the **** wagging Villa fans have been doing you'd think its Prime Barca in comparison to us.
I am with you but clearly their fans see their team on the up and ours on the down with no signs the decline has been halted. So not unreasonable for them to assume they will at some point pass us on the way up.

Hasn't happened yet (daft and groundless of their fans to think it has) but the way they took Martinez from us - now clearly shown to have been a major blunder by the Arsenal - has given them encouragement they can take others from our squad who are undervalued here.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Great news. Couldn't give a sh!t about the shirt number.

He's a solid player, nothing too flashy, but gets us moving in attack.

My only problem with him is he saved Arteta's arse when forced to play him during the Willian injury. One of the main factors that turned a disastrous season into just an awful one.

Symbia

I am with you but clearly their fans see their team on the up and ours on the down with no signs the decline has been halted. So not unreasonable for them to assume they will at some point pass us on the way up.

Hasn't happened yet (daft and groundless of their fans to think it has) but the way they took Martinez from us - now clearly shown to have been a major blunder by the Arsenal - has given them encouragement they can take others from our squad who are undervalued here.
There is no blonder as far as I can see and, no, they didn't take Martinez from us despite their annoying local fans making it as if their stole our best goalkeeper.

Arteta was to choose between the 2 and he made his choice. Martinez was desperately looking for first team and Villa was available. My point is, he could have gone to any EPL club that offers him first team football.

Is laughable seeing their fans on twitter with stealing out first choice keeper theory. :facepalm:

Tom Mix

There is no blonder as far as I can see and, no, they didn't take Martinez from us despite their annoying local fans making it as if their stole our best goalkeeper.

Arteta was to choose between the 2 and he made his choice. Martinez was desperately looking for first team and Villa was available. My point is, he could have gone to any EPL club that offers him first team football.

Is laughable seeing their fans on twitter with stealing out first choice keeper theory. :facepalm:
Martinez was statistically the top goalkeeper in the division last year, despite playing for a mid-table team. He was an Arsenal player and he moved to Aston Villa, therefore they took him from us.

We got less for Martinez than we've paid out on keepers since then just to find a second choice. It was clearly a blunder, he should have been kept or sold for more money. There is no way that can be dressed up as a good decision.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Naaaaah. Look what the mere idea of signing Smith Rowe did to Aston Villa fans:

1 day befor ESR contract extension some guy on Villatalk said:
Once upon a time there was a big old castle. The walls were adorned with pictures from times long ago when the castle celebrated the glories of its army and all that they had conquered. But the king of the castle was from a land far away and he tricked the pervious king with tales of fun fairs and merry-go-rounds, and promised the people, who gathered from near and far that the good days would return. But the evil trickster had no money and spoke in riddles, so that soon the castle had fallen into ruin.

Then one day a king from another kingdom saw the castle, that had once been so magnificent, and was sad that it no longer held wonderful parties and its ramparts were broken. So he said to his friend, a king from the west, “Come let us band together and save this glorious kingdom with its magnificent park, let us rebuild it to it’s former glory.” And so they banished the evil clown and gathered the people together and appointed a leader of the people a man called Dean and he was a man of the people from the people and was a good man. He chose wisely from his people and found a great knight to lead them in to battle, this man wore a lion on his chest and carried it in his heart, his name was Jack.

And so it came to pass that the mighty kingdom would be reborn and grow and retake its place in the great heights. The people from the other kingdoms scoffed at first but the wise man from the East and his friend from the west knew the truth and knew that the great kingdom of the lion would never truly die and soon it’s magnificence would once again rule all the lands and retake all its treasures.

Must still be some dark age type **** going on up in Birmingham.

:lol::lol:

Stevo the Villan

Established Member

I am happy to see your annoying conspiracy theory thrown to where it rightly belongs - trash can.

Expecting 'our rivals' to come for Saka, 25m in raw cash and your 'world class' fans will start singing twitter how you stole 'our keeper' and coming for the rest of the squad.
I'm still none the wiser :)

Symbia

Martinez was statistically the top goalkeeper in the division last year, despite playing for a mid-table team. He was an Arsenal player and he moved to Aston Villa, therefore they took him from us.

We got less for Martinez than we've paid out on keepers since then just to find a second choice. It was clearly a blunder, he should have been kept or sold for more money. There is no way that can be dressed up as a good decision.
Martinez to Aston is not a definition of taken something from someone, is it?
The got him because Arteta let him go.

My point is clear, the 2 keepers are too good to stay on the bench. Choice to be made on whom to keep and whom to let go. Arteta could have chosen to let Leno go and they would have still 'took Leno from us'. English is not my first language but taken from someone doesn't have to do with owner's choice.

We took Sol from Chicken Logo club, Chelsea Gin took Cole from us. That's the clear definition of 'taken from' imo.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Nahh. Wilshere didn't have great end product and wasn't really a 10, but he was more gifted than ESR. I think Wilshere should have kept that 19 shirt. Would have become iconic if things worked out for him here. Wilshere was more naturally gifted than any current Hale end product.
Wilshere wasn't more gifted than Saka. Saka might not be able to play 1 2's as well as Wilshere but everything else he can match him for, Saka can play multiple positions too and is the more intelligent player. Wilshere would dribble into crowds of players for no reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom