• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

James Maddison

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Orny will of course say the money could be proven problem and signing ESR is more important he said the same with Pepe by the way he said we can't afford the money. this deal is still alive if we want to do it and if not we'll go to other targets we can't afford rely on ESR for 38 games the guy only 21 years old has fitness issue if he get injured we have nobody play number 10 and the last season problems will back on no matter how we improve the squad the number 10 is important for us because our forward players apart from Saka can't do things by themselves.

that's why i want us to bring quality number 10 and RB because both are vital how Arteta wants to play and create chances
Perhaps you think we need a better player there or some cover but 1 game a week is not particularly physically demanding is it? Totally agree on the RB, Hector's trash these days.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Perhaps you think we need a better player there or some cover but 1 game a week is not particularly physically demanding is it? Totally agree on the RB, Hector's trash these days.
it's not demanding of course but we can't totally depending him you know you can't rule out injures specially with Arsenal also Arteta does like to change his style he sometimes put ESR on wings and played Ødegaard as number 10.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Yeah I don't see why not, it's more of a tactical issue than Auba falling off. Not like he's lost pace or stamina or anything, he just doesn't get into games with Arteta's tactics.

I actually see him missing a bunch of tap in during pre season as a good thing, means we are actually creating chances for him. He's not a do it all striker, he's a goalscorer.

Just irks me that PEA's situation is what shows me we don't really have a plan. You don't give him a huge contract like that without building the team around getting him on the end of chances. It was shortish extension as well, so no point in not doing it now.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
@BigPoppaPump spot on. Nothing to suggest to say Auba has fallen off. Arteta-ball simply doesn’t create anything for him.

He’s the next scapegoat though, guy is going to get murdered next season with Xhaka going.

Nothing suggest he's fallen off despite him looking as if he can't control a ball and missing open goals?

He admitted himself he's fallen off. He was excellent in Arteta's first 6 months then signed the ting now he's ****.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Nothing suggest he's fallen off despite him looking as if he can't control a ball and missing open goals?

He admitted himself he's fallen off. He was excellent in Arteta's first 6 months then signed the ting now he's ****.
He was out of position for the start of last season and then sick with malaria. He had a below par season, but he’s not fallen off.

You’re a disgrace tbh. You’re like a club shill and now buying into the “he signed a contract and fell off” BS.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Think Auba had something like 1.5 shots per game last season, not a lot you could expect any striker to do with that. Add on the fact he was chasing full backs for much of the season as well.

If he's getting as many chances as he did against Rangers every week and missing them, then that is the time we can admit their would be a problem. Given his goal history I don't see him missing those chances if given them every week though.

samspade

Interesting you lot agree on Auba, I think he's done here, he'll still score here and there but I no longer think he's an asset for Arsenal to rely on, more a luxury item to be carried. When constructing the team he solves no problems and creates many, we were better last season with Laca. To me he's a goldilocks player now that only has a right foot and strikers that play at any serious level need more to their game than that.
There's no life in our combinations with Auba any more I don't think it's coming back.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Interesting you lot agree on Auba, I think he's done here, he'll still score here and there but I no longer think he's an asset for Arsenal to rely on, more a luxury item to be carried. When constructing the team he solves no problems and creates many, we were better last season with Laca. To me he's a goldilocks player now that only has a right foot and strikers that play at any serious level need more to their game than that.
There's no life in our combinations with Auba any more I don't think it's coming back.

Auba works when you pack the creative players behind him and Laca works when you've got direct players running off him. Agree that Laca was more useful last season, also worry that Auba is declining but hope he proves us wrong.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Think Auba had something like 1.5 shots per game last season, not a lot you could expect any striker to do with that. Add on the fact he was chasing full backs for much of the season as well.

If he's getting as many chances as he did against Rangers every week and missing them, then that is the time we can admit their would be a problem. Given his goal history I don't see him missing those chances if given them every week though.

Again, the club gave him that contract and then refuses to build around him...

samspade

Auba works when you pack the creative players behind him and Laca works when you've got direct players running off him. Agree that Laca was more useful last season, also worry that Auba is declining but hope he proves us wrong.
I think the evidence for that is limited, once or twice Øde put him in but not something that happened with any sort of consistency, he didn't have much of relationship with Özil and I struggle to remember to remember him profiting from a set up of that description at Dortmund.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
@BigPoppaPump spot on. Nothing to suggest to say Auba has fallen off. Arteta-ball simply doesn’t create anything for him.

He’s the next scapegoat though, guy is going to get murdered next season with Xhaka going.
Yeah the Arsenal fanbase is truly pathetic, you can see them now planting the Auba hate seeds.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
He was out of position for the start of last season and then sick with malaria. He had a below par season, but he’s not fallen off.

You’re a disgrace tbh. You’re like a club shill and now buying into the “he signed a contract and fell off” BS.

Okay so now you're saying he was sick with malaria and that's the reason why he didn't perform? Not Arteta? Hmm.

He had a below par season and he's just turned 32. He's going to gradually decline no matter what you say mate, its just natural with age. I think he'll have a better season this year, but he is falling off and its just natural progression.

Latest posts

Top Bottom