• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

James Maddison

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Tell me then? Other than Arteta playing him out of position and not creating an attacking team I don’t see how Auba has fallen off?

Quoting posts of me not rating him as a wide man or an all round striker have nothing to do with it - stuff I’ve said since his Dortmund days.
You have never thought of him as "on" so how could he "fall off"?

I am of the opinion that Auba is being wasted in this team which we may agree on, I just find it ironic that you say he's the next 'scapegoat' when you've been slagging him off for years.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You have never thought of him as "on" so how could he "fall off"?

I am of the opinion that Auba is being wasted in this team which we may agree on, I just find it ironic that you say he's the next 'scapegoat' when you've been slagging him off for years.
What you talking about? I have always rated him as a finisher. Think you’re confused.

I don’t rate him as a wide man, I don’t rate him as all round striker like RvP, but as a poacher and finisher he has been the best in the world for 10 years - look at his record here, it’s like 1in 2.

You’re confused.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

What you talking about? I have always rated him as a finisher. Think you’re confused.

I don’t rate him as a wide man, I don’t rate him as all round striker like RvP, but as a poacher and finisher he has been the best in the world for 10 years - look at his record here, it’s like 1in 2.

You’re confused.
"Worst attacker" "Terrible CF" but you want to clamour to a few of the posts of the several that I highlighted your thoughts on him as a wide man. Does that make me confused or have you not been slagging him off as a whole? Because I don't equate a terrible CF or worst attacker in our history being a good finisher.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
There’s definitely nuance to your stance on Auba and more people probably agree with you than they realise.

This nuance is easy to miss when you call the man a dogshit footballer however. I hear you though, I don’t agree but you’re not crazy.

I remember you were gonna smash me in the head with a steel chair, after I called Auba "limited"

Then when I explained in detail what I meant...you put the chair down, unfolded and sat on said chair and then shook my hand.

It's all in the details, as I found out that day.

samshere

Why so serieuse?

You’re confused.
Well, have you got any posts saying that he's a great finisher but a poor attacker which would be a reasonable opinion. Apart from the ones you made just now. All I'm seeing is you attacking Auba.

GDeep™

League is very weak
"Worst attacker" "Terrible CF" but you want to clamour to a few of the posts of the several that I highlighted your thoughts on him as a wide man. Does that make me confused or have you not been slagging him off as a whole? Because I don't equate a terrible CF or worst attacker in our history being a good finisher.
Think your knit picking. His finishing and goal scoring speaks for itself. I have slagged him off for his all round play since his Dortmund days.

What’s your point anyway? If next season Arteta plays the crap football we have been since his arrival, and don’t create anything, I’m saying we should look at that and not blame our strikers for missing that ONE chance they get in a game.

Again, Auba as a finisher speaks for himself, 1 in 2 in the PL, nobody can question him there. As an all round attacker, he is one of the worst we’ve seen at Arsenal when compared to even Ade.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Think your knit picking. His finishing and goal scoring speaks for itself. I have slagged him off for his all round play since his Dortmund days.

What’s your point anyway? If next season Arteta plays the crap football we have been since his arrival, and don’t create anything, I’m saying we should look at that and not blame our strikers for missing that ONE chance they get in a game.

Again, Auba as a finisher speaks for himself, 1 in 2 in the PL, nobody can question him there. As an all round attacker, he is one of the worst we’ve seen at Arsenal when compared to even Ade.
Maybe I am being knit picky but I hold top posters accountable. We agree on the same point regarding Arteta ball, it just gets lost in between the lines of your general slagging off of Auba.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Saka-ESR-Pepe

We played this (literally just once, which is crazy) and the fluidity we had with all three of them being able to dribble, pass and shoot hinted at something interesting.

Not sure why we didn’t see it again, mostly because Arteta put Ødegaard straight in.
Probably because none of them are natural creators. They are all ball carriers.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Well, have you got any posts saying that he's a great finisher but a poor attacker which would be a reasonable opinion. Apart from the ones you made just now. All I'm seeing is you attacking Auba.
I’m sure there are many? How can there not be when a man is 1 in 2 at Arsenal? That’s phenomenal.

Im sure the search function will help you there.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Yes still posts here under a different account, but unlike TimoHighbury and Manberg, he just doesn't get drawn into his old antics as not to reveal himself.

He sent me a picture of his new butcut jeans the other day and I had to report him for denim harassment.

TinFish

Are we getting this guy yet? This guy is the best midfielder we can hope to possibly sign outside of Ødegaard.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Interesting you lot agree on Auba, I think he's done here, he'll still score here and there but I no longer think he's an asset for Arsenal to rely on, more a luxury item to be carried. When constructing the team he solves no problems and creates many, we were better last season with Laca. To me he's a goldilocks player now that only has a right foot and strikers that play at any serious level need more to their game than that.
There's no life in our combinations with Auba any more I don't think it's coming back.
I think Auba will only be done once he really starts to decline physically. So far haven't seen any noticeable difference in his speed, acceleration, stamina etc. So the question we have to ask is what has changed which has resulted in him scoring a lot less than he has done in previous years.

Let's not forget this is a guy when purely looking at goals is unquestionably elite.

Before last season started:

He scored more goals than any player in the PL since he joined us. Remarkable stat considering the likes of Salah and Kane were scoring for fun during these times.

Quickest Arsenal player to score 50 goals.

Only three players in premier league history have a better minutes per goal ratio than him

Before last season he scored 25 goals or more in each of his last 6 season. That is under 5 or 6 different managers which shows he isn't really too dependent on a particular system or style...as long as your team creates chances. When we mostly dominated with possession focused football under Wenger, he scored a lot. Under Emery's less possession based and more direct football, he scored a lot. Initially under Arteta's invite pressure and hit on counter attack tactic he was scoring a lot. Crucially when teams figured that out and we just couldn't create anymore he started to score less.

Which shouldn't really surprise anyone. He was getting barely one shot a game. No forward in the world can work with such lack of opportunities. Yes, we can maybe say Auba is part of the problem we can't create. That might well be true, but that was never his game. He will give you elite number of goals.....just get the ball into the final third.

Instead what did we do early last season? Play incredibly deep, line up Auba on the wing. Meaning he was playing almost like a LWB. I saw his heat map when we were on that dreadful run. I still can't believe who in their right mind would play a forward who is putting up such unbelievable stats in terms of goals but ends up chasing opposition fullbacks. He was literally making more defensive actions than having shots :facepalm:

Last edited:
Top Bottom