• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: The Croy-10 Cruyff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Symbia

E69mUmYWUAEBh9i
If Emile says such I will personally get his statue besides Titi's at the Emirates Stadium.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

"I prefer players who ask for more than maybe they can take..."

:lol:

Tom Mix

Martinez to Aston is not a definition of taken something from someone, is it?
The got him because Arteta let him go.

My point is clear, the 2 keepers are too good to stay on the bench. Choice to be made on whom to keep and whom to let go. Arteta could have chosen to let Leno go and they would have still 'took Leno from us'. English is not my first language but taken from someone doesn't have to do with owner's choice.

We took Sol from Chicken Logo club, Chelsea Gin took Cole from us. That's the clear definition of 'taken from' imo.
They got him because he wanted to leave because Arteta said he'd bench him even though he'd played well. Arteta should have kept him even if it was with half-truths, That's what good managers do.

You are splitting linguistic hairs, Arteta wanted to keep him but didn't offer first-team football. Villa did and therefore they took him because he preferred their offer to ours.

Sol came on a free. Cole left over a dispute for £5,000 a week to a much wealthier club than us. He chose to go there like Martinez chose to go to Villa.

To be bossed by a wealthier club is bad enough, to be bossed by a poorer one is pathetic.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
"Taken someone" would be like when we wanted to keep Cole in 2006, but he wanted to go to Chelsea no matter what that summer, nothing we could do to stop it at that point.

If we told Martinez he would be our starter, no way he would have wanted to go to Villa, it was our decision...that's the difference.

Symbia

They got him because he wanted to leave because Arteta said he'd bench him even though he'd played well. Arteta should have kept him even if it was with half-truths, That's what good managers do.

You are splitting linguistic hairs, Arteta wanted to keep him but didn't offer first-team football. Villa did and therefore they took him because he preferred their offer to ours.

Sol came on a free. Cole left over a dispute for £5,000 a week to a much wealthier club than us. He chose to go there like Martinez chose to go to Villa.

To be bossed by a wealthier club is bad enough, to be bossed by a poorer one is pathetic.
Sol promised them to stay but couldn't resist playing for us we literary took him from them.
Cole has been meeting the London Gin management from the back, if I can recall he was eventually fined for that.

On Martinez we are saying the same thing. Arteta was to make choice between two great goalkeepers and he chose one and the other did the obvious.
Something of this nature happened in City, they did let Given go this same Villa and kept Hart instead.

This is not the same scenario, Arsenal and 5pur2 felt cheated. While the issue of Martinez and Leno was considered in Arsenal just as Given and Hart City. There's not way Leno will agree to stay on the bench same with Martinez.
We all know we will certainly lose one, on making a wrong decision to keep Leno instead of Martinez is entirely different topic of discussion.

* I really cannot understand this whining of losing best players to smaller club etc etc, we can do with unnecessary complaints.
There is no way any of the two great ambitious goalkeeper will agree to stay on the bench when they are almost at the peak of their careers while the likes Fabienski is playing every match for epl club.

Tom Mix

Sol promised them to stay but couldn't resist playing for us we literary took him from them.
Cole has been meeting the London Gin management from the back, if I can recall he was eventually fined for that.

On Martinez we are saying the same thing. Arteta was to make choice between two great goalkeepers and he chose one and the other did the obvious.
Something of this nature happened in City, they did let Given go this same Villa and kept Hart instead.

This is not the same scenario, Arsenal and 5pur2 felt cheated. While the issue of Martinez and Leno was considered in Arsenal just as Given and Hart City. There's not way Leno will agree to stay on the bench same with Martinez.
We all know we will certainly lose one, on making a wrong decision to keep Leno instead of Martinez is entirely different topic of discussion.

* I really cannot understand this whining of losing best players to smaller club etc etc, we can do with unnecessary complaints.
There is no way any of the two great ambitious goalkeeper will agree to stay on the bench when they are almost at the peak of their careers while the likes Fabienski is playing every match for epl club.
A good manager will keep two players fighting for a position until it becomes impossible. Martinez needed to be offered a new contract and given assurances and once that was done then Arteta would have been in a stronger position to get a better price for him.

Unnecessary complaints I dislike but the mishandling of the Martinez case (and it hasn't been the only one in recent years) is an example of the execrable transfer policy we have had for some time now and is a total failure of management from Arteta to the board and to the owners. No one is innocent.

TinFish

10s.PNG

The history of our number 10's.

To be honest it's a little underwhelming as expected and the shirt number represents his first team status at the club.

This also reinforces Ornstein's case that we are not in for a more talented players to start at CAM. Probably due to lack of finances.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
View attachment 3769

The history of our number 10's.

To be honest it's a little underwhelming as expected and the shirt number represents his first team status at the club.

This also reinforces Ornstein's case that we are not in for a more talented players to start at CAM. Probably due to lack of finances.
Out of that group I’d say Eastham , Kennedy, Radford, Stapleton, George, Smith, Merse, RvP and Bergkamp were the true successes

Lot of random players like Gallas and non-10’s like Graham were given the shirt.

Smith Rowe shouldn’t feel the pressure.

TinFish

Out of that group I’d say Eastham , Kennedy, Radford, Stapleton, George, Smith, Merse, RvP and Bergkamp were the true successes

Lot of random players like Gallas and non-10’s like Graham were given the shirt.

Smith Rowe shouldn’t feel the pressure.
He wont feel the pressure at Arsenal lol. No matter how we twist it, it's debatable if ESR is of the desired first team quality to lead Arsenal to top 4. I guess that's most peoples expectations here...

For me, it signifies that there wont be anyone better coming in for that position.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Wilshere wasn't more gifted than Saka. Saka might not be able to play 1 2's as well as Wilshere but everything else he can match him for, Saka can play multiple positions too and is the more intelligent player. Wilshere would dribble into crowds of players for no reason.

I think Saka is better all around than Wilshere, but Jack had natural ability on the ball you just can't teach. The only other youth prospect that gave me those same vibes was Chris Willock.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Right I'm just going to say it, Wilshere definitely had serious talent but I never felt he was gonna be this world beater people are now going on about. His style was pretty limited tbh. He could go past players and play 1-2's for fun but he was never going to be a real dictator of play, he didn't have the physical attributes to be an effective box-to-box midfielder. Also he never really nailed down his best position, started out deep alongside Song, then moved to 10, then tried out on the wings, Hodgson used him as a 6. I think his injuries have helped his reputation tbh. Now all of sudden that Barca game is highlighted and is used constantly to show what he could've become. In reality Barca's midfield dominated that game largely, I know it was a great victory but let's be real here Wilshere did not outplay Iniesta, Xavi and Busquets that's a fantasy, watch the game those three players were in total control. Wilshere had his standout moments absolutely, and was key to most of our transitions, and at such a young age played with incredible maturity. But there's this myth that he almost single handedly dominated that midfield. We can also look to the 2nd leg where he had no impact on the game at all (bar that one chance he almost setup for Bendtner). He was almost non-existent because of how the Barca midfield was absolutely dominating.

I think Saka is honestly a bigger talent than Wilshere was, he just has more tools in his locker. And there's no real questions over his position either. He can play in a number of positions, but you just know in that inside right position what he offers and what he'll bring. Saka's definitely the biggest talent since Fabregas.

Tho this thread is about ESR and he's probably not as talented as Wilshere naturally but he also has a lot of things which Wilshere lacked. His off the ball movement is far superior, his physical attributes are better, he's got a position almost nailed down.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Very hit and miss yesterday. I liked how he kept moving to the wing as it allowed Pepe to take up more central positions. Nut at times, this also left Partey without an option for a pass, especially in the first half. In the 2nd, Lacazette dropped deeper and held onto the ball well which helped.

I was encouraged that he took two attempts on goal and did try to get into the box. We didn't see enough of this last season, hopefully its something we'll see more of now.

The thing that is missing from his game is bravery when passing and execution of a pass, too often he passes straight back to where the ball came from. Quite often, he overhits the final pass.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Right I'm just going to say it, Wilshere definitely had serious talent but I never felt he was gonna be this world beater people are now going on about. His style was pretty limited tbh. He could go past players and play 1-2's for fun but he was never going to be a real dictator of play, he didn't have the physical attributes to be an effective box-to-box midfielder. Also he never really nailed down his best position, started out deep alongside Song, then moved to 10, then tried out on the wings, Hodgson used him as a 6. I think his injuries have helped his reputation tbh. Now all of sudden that Barca game is highlighted and is used constantly to show what he could've become. In reality Barca's midfield dominated that game largely, I know it was a great victory but let's be real here Wilshere did not outplay Iniesta, Xavi and Busquets that's a fantasy, watch the game those three players were in total control. Wilshere had his standout moments absolutely, and was key to most of our transitions, and at such a young age played with incredible maturity. But there's this myth that he almost single handedly dominated that midfield. We can also look to the 2nd leg where he had no impact on the game at all (bar that one chance he almost setup for Bendtner). He was almost non-existent because of how the Barca midfield was absolutely dominating.

I think Saka is honestly a bigger talent than Wilshere was, he just has more tools in his locker. And there's no real questions over his position either. He can play in a number of positions, but you just know in that inside right position what he offers and what he'll bring. Saka's definitely the biggest talent since Fabregas.

Tho this thread is about ESR and he's probably not as talented as Wilshere naturally but he also has a lot of things which Wilshere lacked. His off the ball movement is far superior, his physical attributes are better, he's got a position almost nailed down.
Id agree with the Barca game but very few premiership teams could handle him, they just depended on fouling him as soon as he had the ball or he left someone for dead. I remember him playing against Bayern and he was murdering their midfield on the transition until they just started fouling him about 30-40 minutes in. They realised in that short space of time what every other team in the premiership knew, foul him or he will cut you open. He definitely didnt suit a role for setting the tempo and he may have learnt it over time but to say he was one performance against Bayern is a massive disservice. The premiership refs have a lot to answer for,if they protected WIlshere like they do Kane then he would've had a stellar career.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

I feel he could have been a top DLP. When we lost Santi in 2016, it really hurt us because we didn't have anyone capable of dictating play from deep. We had to rely on Flamini and Elneny.

If only he'd watch those spanish guys at barca and modeled his game after them. But he was trying to be like Scholes and Gerrard and he didn't have the physical attribute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom