• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ben White

Worse Deal?

• Ben White for £50m

• Harry Maguire for £80m

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Great movie. Wesley Snipes and Woody Harrelson were great actors. You don’t really get movies like these guys done anymore.

Woody completely killed it in True Detectives first season.

He's just one of those actors that can act, but just wants to have fun first and foremost.

Honestly it's quite incredible that Harrelson and McConaughey managed to give such great performances when both pretty much smoke weed 24/7.

Kav

Established Member
Since everyone is too scared to say it. White is a down grade on Luiz and a waste of £50 Million.

He’s not a better passer than Luiz but obviously had more pace. Is he better than holding? Defensively no, a little less talented but a much more progressive passer.

Will he be the best CB at the club? No. Gabriel and Mari are better than him. He does have much more pace than the rest though.

Were there better options available to us? Yes.
People will make excuses for him as he makes mistakes this season. I’m going to laugh so hard.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Since everyone is too scared to say it. White is a down grade on Luiz and a waste of £50 Million.

He’s not a better passer than Luiz but obviously had more pace. Is he better than holding? Defensively no, a little less talented but a much more progressive passer.

Will he be the best CB at the club? No. Gabriel and Mari are better than him. He does have much more pace than the rest though.

People will make excuses for him as he makes mistakes this season. I’m going to laugh so hard.

Nobody is scared to say it people with decent football knowledge just realise he's a quality player with a lot of potential.

If you think Mari is better then that says a lot about you.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity

So you'd laugh if he makes mistakes costing us points and games? Yeah, we don't want fans like that. Give the guy a chance, ffs.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I was listening to the Arsenal Vision podcast and they brought in a Brighton fan/analyst. He believes that White’s future will be in midfield. Now I know there’s this trope of any decent ball-playing CB the fans want him in midfield, but there is a compelling argument to say he is destined for midfield. The analyst highlighted this and he believes he will end up there. Also, Fabrizio says we are still interested in Tapsoba. A right-footed CB that would probably spell the end for Saliba's Arsenal career and White's career at CB.
Oh god not this again 🙄

BigPoppaPump

Mari isn’t better but Gabriel and Holding are, we don’t need him and 50m is a waste.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric

Mari better than White?

BigPoppaPump

The fact that you want to see Holding bumble through another season with the turning circle of a freight train has me worried.
You thought Willian was a fantastic signing and hype up every bum trasnfer lol i should be the one worried.

I don’t get where this myth that Holding is bumbling or slow. He’s actually consistent, solid, mobile and has pace. People don’t even know his biggest flaws which is he stands off too much but I prefer that over rash guys that just attack every ball leaving space.

Koscielny was a liability for 8 years straight and gets praise but Holding who’s been one of our best players the last few season gets ridicule. But Arsenal fans tend to be poor judges of players.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Woody completely killed it in True Detectives first season.

He's just one of those actors that can act, but just wants to have fun first and foremost.

Honestly it's quite incredible that Harrelson and McConaughey managed to give such great performances when both pretty much smoke weed 24/7.

Season One of True Detective is up there in the conversation for the greatest ever TV series. Amazing stuff. All fear the Yellow King.

El Duderino

Season One of True Detective is up there in the conversation for the greatest ever TV series. Amazing stuff. All fear the Yellow King.

I've re watched it 3 times. It really is a master piece and I love that it's an anthology series, so we don't get to see HBO milking it and ruining both character's arc.

**** me, might have to rewatch a few episodes a fourth time now.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Matthew McConaughey becoming an amazing actor, never would have seen that happening back in the day :lol:

Barry

I've re watched it 3 times. It really is a master piece and I love that it's an anthology series, so we don't get to see HBO milking it and ruining both character's arc.

**** me, might have to rewatch a few episodes a fourth time now.

Only seen it once but damn I should watch it again, it's absolute perfection. The characters, the tone, the setting, the ending. All amazing. And like you said, Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey completely nail it as well.

El Duderino

Only seen it once but damn I should watch it again, it's absolute perfection. The characters, the tone, the setting, the ending. All amazing. And like you said, Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey completely nail it as well.

I've lived in Mississippi before and the location scouting and ambiance re the south are spot on. You can feel the humidity of the swamps in how it's filmed.

Reckon both characters would've found out if White really is coming for a medical or even how tall or short he trully is in less than a day!

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You thought Willian was a fantastic signing and hype up every *** trasnfer lol i should be the one worried.

I don’t get where this myth that Holding is bumbling or slow. He’s actually consistent, solid, mobile and has pace. People don’t even know his biggest flaws which is he stands off too much but I prefer that over rash guys that just attack every ball leaving space.

Koscielny was a liability for 8 years straight and gets praise but Holding who’s been one of our best players the last few season gets ridicule. But Arsenal fans tend to be poor judges of players.

Lmao talk about Holding and you cant take it so the old Poppapump comes out to try and score points.

Holding is average. He's a 5/6 out of 10 every game with the odd 2 and the odd 8 out of 10.

The whole point in signing White is that he's already better. Grow up.

BigPoppaPump

Lmao talk about Holding and you cant take it so the old Poppapump comes out to try and score points.

Holding is average. He's a 5/6 out of 10 every game with the odd 2 and the odd 8 out of 10.

The whole point in signing White is that he's already better. Grow up.
How is White already better? You just hype up any transfer so I can’t take you seriously.

Holding had the most minutes in the 3rd best defence in the league last season, Ben White was the 3rd best CB in a awful Brighton team. There’s levels to this. This is another scam transfer we’re getting use to.

Barry

I've lived in Mississippi before and the location scouting and ambiance re the south are spot on. You can feel the humidity of the swamps in how it's filmed.

Reckon both characters would've found out if White really is coming for a medical or even how tall or short he trully is in less than a day!
Hahaha yeah definitely, Rusty would be well and truly on the case. Must have been a great experience living in Mississippi. Always wanted to experience a bit of the American deep south, drink in the craziness and the culture shock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom