• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Willian (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
I was very happy about this signing last summer, but what an absolute shambles his signing has been. Doubt we could give him away now.
Can’t believe the **** hit the fan so quickly. Three year contract on that salary was ludicrous but I thought it was a fair chance he offered something close to some value last year. I was more pissed with the length of the contract

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Can’t believe the **** hit the fan so quickly. Three year contract on that salary was ludicrous but I thought it was a fair chance he offered something close to some value last year. I was more pissed with the length of the contract
he only came here because we offered a three year contract - if we hadn't he might have still been at Chelsea, and probably making more of a contribution than he ever has at Arsenal

we can only hope the lesson has finally been learned - if they are not good enough for Chelsea they are not good enough for Arsenal

what makes it even more galling is the success our reject has had going the other way

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

he only came here because we offered a three year contract - if we hadn't he might have still been at Chelsea, and probably making more of a contribution than he ever has at Arsenal

we can only hope the lesson has finally been learned - if they are not good enough for Chelsea they are not good enough for Arsenal

what makes it even more galling is the success our reject has had going the other way
Them winning the CL right after he left and being promised it in 3 years here is absolute peak.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I can't believe Arteta said that privately to Willian, then Willian said it publicly to everyone...it's like they want us to get mocked for entirety :lol:
Can you imagine we did though, scrape 4th this year and sh*thouse our way to it like Chelsea did years ago.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
It’s a bit harsh to equate Cech and Willian. When he came in 15/16 Cech gave us the most clean sheets in the league, and the 2nd least goals against, you can’t ask for much more than that. Willian on the other hand has done sweet fa as far as I can see.
I agree Czech was decent enough, good pro.
Willian has been really poor, still done more than Özil did in his last 18 months though tbf 😁

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

PS. Could really do with a pint of London Pride!

Party Beer GIF by Petter Pentilä

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
This point was brought up in Willian transfer thread. Questions were raised about his motivation. But many posters didn't like that and complained that it was wrong to assume he won't be motivated. What kind of motivation would a player with a final contract before retirement have?

I am surprised that Arsenal or even most other big clubs haven't adopted Chelsea's "Over 30 policy" yet. There is plenty of talent coming through. It makes absolutely no sense to give high-wage long contracts to players over 30. If they are genuinely motivated to play good football, they will take up a short term offer and play well. If not, the clubs can easily get replacements.
Wenger had a policy like that for years. Think you could only get one year deals once you hit 30? Seemed to work in most part pretty well.
Willian had a great final season for Chelsea tbf & i think we wanted to do some 'big club posturing' by taking him from them.
It backfired horribly.
I dont know why it has happened, almost as bad a situation as when Alexis went to Man U. His performances for Man U considering how good he was here make Willian look quite decent.😫
From everything you hear Willian is a really good fella and certainly would not have wanted this situation. Some of the abuse he has suffered online tbf is shameful & Im sure its affected him mentally. I hope he gets a move and finds happiness elsewhere.

I think EDU & Arteta have now learnt the lesson the hard way.

Last edited:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

For those who ask, Willian was offered to three Arab clubs, all of whom rejected the idea of contracting the player for several reasons.

He said in another tweet the clubs were Al Nasr, Al Hilal and Al Duhail

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Qatari and Saudi teams can afford him wages but they give it for someone who can bring brand and fame to their league and Willian won't bring them that unlike when they signed guys like Santi Xavi and currently the Sp**s legend Alderwierld.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Qatari and Saudi teams can afford him wages but they give it for someone who can bring brand and fame to their league and Willian won't bring them that unlike when they signed guys like Santi Xavi and currently the Sp**s legend Alderwierld.

Santi is not a household name, tho. Don't think Willian wants to go there, even if for 6 months, he defo wants to make it to the WC.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Santi is not a household name, tho. Don't think Willian wants to go there, even if for 6 months, he defo wants to make it to the WC.
Saudi 100% not it's too boring and closed for him but Qatar is more beautiful and open still not sure they'll risk giving him 200K.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Saudi 100% not it's too boring and closed for him but Qatar is more beautiful and open still not sure they'll risk giving him 200K.

Again, don't think it's ONLY about his wage. He isn't making it back to the NT squad if he goes there or stays at Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom