• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Unpopular Opinion Thread

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Martinelli is the best LW in the team, Willian is the best RW. You can play Saka or Pepe there, all this results in worse team performances though (yes I also don't trust in the narrative of Arsenal being carried by Saka in the first half of the season, at least if carried means to carry to almost relegation positions).

The optimum team is these two brazilian in each side and ESR in the middle with either Laca or Auba upfront, I would say even Laca (but the difference is minimum imo). Now, Saka is better than Pepe imo.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

He was nothing without Özil. Proof when he went to Manchester United. More serious when you post. I liked him too BUT lets not get carried away. I remember in 2016/17 how hard he tried to be liked by Özil.
I simply don't agree. You are drawing some odd conclusions based on what I am not sure. Sanchez was our best player when he was here, no question about that in my mind. He brought an energy and a willingness to always take the game to the opposition. Being at away games and really feeling the home fans dreading any time he got the ball. Other fans didn't fear Özil, they feared Sanchez!

Look, I don't want to **** on Özil. He was a great player for a period and also for us in certain type of games, but when he played for us Alexis always brought it, game in and game out. The fact that he eventually fell of a cliff was due to having played a ridiculous amount of games for his club and his country and always at full pelt! I rest my case...

alexis sanchez take a load off GIF

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Sanchez played the best football of his career with Özil and Wenger. Case rested.

Where did this phenomena of playing them two off each other come from anyway? Both great, both played great with each other, and both greatly missed.
Don't think we'll have players of that quality here again. Now we sign guys like Ben White and have to pray Pepe comes good, it's sad times.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Koscielny was as mistake prone as Mustafi.

I think this is fair because Kos has a lot of high profile errors. Only thing is he also had his great moments of using his pace to recover well and stuff like that, made loads of last ditch tackles and was quite eye-catching in the way he defended. He absolutely needed Mertesacker tho, and even at times that wasn't enough to prevent him making costly errors.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I think this is fair because Kos has a lot of high profile errors. Only thing is he also had his great moments of using his pace to recover well and stuff like that, made loads of last ditch tackles and was quite eye-catching in the way he defended. He absolutely needed Mertesacker tho, and even at times that wasn't enough to prevent him making costly errors.
Kos and Per was a good pairing. They played really well together for a while.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Kos shouldn't need to be defended this much on an Arsenal forum, he was brilliant for us.

Top Bottom