• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Aaron Ramsdale

Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Probably been said a 100 times but what a **** show selling Emi to keep Leno and now we buy an even more expensive gk who’s worse and probably let Leno go for peanuts. How are these guys still in a job?

It's the bits in-between that people conveniently forget about though. Leno was injured and Emi wanted out. You don't sell a guy that just got injured. Nobody knew Leno a year later would want out either.

I greatly dislike how people use this situation to bash the club when 9/10 people would've done the exact same thing in that exact scenario.

Obviously then going on to sign a backup keeper for £20M doesn't look great at all. But if it works and Ramsdale turns into a top keeper for us for the next 10 years who's complaining

Malky

Established Member
Probably been said a 100 times but what a **** show selling Emi to keep Leno and now we buy an even more expensive gk who’s worse and probably let Leno go for peanuts. How are these guys still in a job?
The handling, and planning, of the position has been a total mess.
Then again, these are the same incompetent ****** who signed Willian to a bumper contract, so nothing surprises me.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
You know what, I’m coming around to this. Yes it was a mistake to let Martinez go, but let’s move on from that now.

All signs point to Leno leaving next season, so signing Ramsdale and easing him in is smart. He’s 23 and could be our goalkeeper for years to come.

I think our frustration for this deal comes from not signing a CM or AM yet. But if we look at the move in isolation, it wouldn’t be a bad signing.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
It's the bits in-between that people conveniently forget about though. Leno was injured and Emi wanted out. You don't sell a guy that just got injured. Nobody knew Leno a year later would want out either.

I greatly dislike how people use this situation to bash the club when 9/10 people would've done the exact same thing in that exact scenario.

Obviously then going on to sign a backup keeper for £20M doesn't look great at all. But if it works and Ramsdale turns into a top keeper for us for the next 10 years who's complaining

I don't agree with all of this because I do think the club is making a lot of avoidable mistakes at moment. It's nice to see some balance and positivity though and the most important thing is looking forward. No one knows what is going on behind the scenes and If Ramsdale works out as good keeper then like you say, this won't look so bad in the future.

One positive is the age profile we seem to be targeting. I'm really pleased that we are looking to build again, even if that means some patience for next season.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Dear oh dear. You'll never learn.

Despite refusing to set an exact timescale for that to happen, senior figures within the game suspect that will happen within the next seven days. With United set to return to competitive action on August 7, their board of directors could find themselves in an awkward position if Arsenal’s offer approaches the £40m they believe Ramsdale is worth after helping England reach the final of this summer’s rescheduled Euro 2020 tournament.
Forty million...🤣

The abnormals in charge are about take their chequebooks out because they'll now think they got a good deal for 30mil.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
I don't disagree with most of this, but to my eye you had two keepers who were performing to a high level. Both with 2 or more years on their contracts so no reason to sell. We needed a homegrown keeper, but there were concerns whether Martinez could sustain his excellent form. So they should have kept them both for a year and then made a call on it. Everything that has happened since including looking at spending more than we sold Martinez shows how bad the original decision was. It's got nothing to do with anything Leno has done since - the decision was an assessment on Martinez's qualities (if we needed a homegrown keeper)
What I don't understand is how they didn't see Emi's quality and the fact he was the better keeper in training.

Vanpayslip

Does anyone know how he is with the ball at his feet? Guessing there is t much evidence given the teams he’s played for.

There isn’t really anything to say he is at any where near the level needed to play in Arteta’s system. Not sure why the club is hell bent on buying someone that wouldn’t fit into the style of play.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
So they gone from 20m to 40m. That really insane but that mean neither Sheffield or Ramsdale want the move to happen. Move on to other targets stop wasting time on this BS

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
There’s no way we’re going to pay that. So either we walk away or the deal gets done at probably half that with addons. No point believing every bit of made up bollocks you read.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This James shield been saying since start of summer Sheffield in no pressure to sell unless 30m came in look like we won't go higher than 18m here we'll basically giving them the money they spent on him.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I would guess it's probably one more bid and then move on... Sam Johnstone feels like an obvious homegrown choice and 28 is pretty young for a keeper.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!

BS...go to the Marinez thread when we sold him and see if 9 out of 10 supporters agreed with decision.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
8th place, no Europe for the first time in 25 odd years, and Edu and Arteta and chasing a 30m back up keeper that will likely play no more than 10 games. Absolute clowns man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom