• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
With the state the club is in at the minute...Abraham in and Laca out, would be very good business.

Tammy isn't close to our best ever strikers, he's not even as good as prime Adebayor...but his mix of attributes, could really improve us as a team...Auba and Laca are very good striker, but both have big flaws in their games...Abraham will bring a good mix of what each bring to the team.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
A.Madrid only have Suarez as their CF and Joao Felix who play more supporting role in 4-4-2 think they need another CF Simeone wanted Laca before A.Madrid hit with Transfer Ban he even visited their stadium lol. not sure if he want him now but there no better striker to be Suarez backup and Laca suit A.Madrid style.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster

not strong source but they were interested before. we should demand at least 20M euros here.

Not a great source, but if you can get £13m (not Euro's) then that's about the figure where it's probably best to recoup and reinvest. That's a fair whack of money including his wages.

Laca would be a big loss next season though. Important character in the dressing room, our only striker who can effectively hold up the ball and bring others into play. That's especially important for Martinelli in particular but Pepe as well.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I think the team would be worse off without Lacazette, but I am past caring at this point Arsenal can do whatever.

I would love for Lacazette to move on and not get blamed for the mediocrity around here, I'm sure Tammy will take us places. I hope Arsenal take anything and don't price themselves out of another sale (again).

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

16m is low but it would be a relief to get his wages off the books and use that cash productively. Effectively frees up 36m give or take.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think the team would be worse off without Lacazette, but I am past caring at this point Arsenal can do whatever.

I would love for Lacazette to move on and not get blamed for the mediocrity around here, I'm sure Tammy will take us places. I hope Arsenal take anything and don't price themselves out of another sale (again).
i think we could have kept him if his wages is not 170K he played decent but with the wages he on you'd expect he give you 25-30 Goals a season. max he got 19 goals good striker but with wages age and 1 year left in his contract we need to sell. If we replace him with tammy for 40M is downgrade even if tammy like 7 years younger but he not 40M player.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

i think we could have kept him if his wages is not 170K he played decent but with the wages he on you'd expect he give you 25-30 Goals a season. max he got 19 goals good striker but with wages age and 1 year left in his contract we need to sell. If we replace him with tammy for 40M is downgrade even if tammy like 7 years younger but he not 40M player.
I am all for selling cause of his age and contract situation it's common sense.

I just dislike the blame and exasperation I see from the internet, he's not that bad. Whoever we sign will be lukewarm at best anyways.

I don't share the hope that we will improve on this position not only due to our record in the market, but the candidates to take us forward aren't as obvious as other positions in the squad. Tammy is as good as it gets as far as I can see?

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Laca ain't leaving. He will asked to take a wage reduction and will say no.

He will be stupid though and Simeone and help build back his reputation.

I don't see this transfer either happening. No way they pay us anything thing considering wages Laca earns.

Our club must really think other clubs are stupid and run like us. Just look at the Torreira negotiations last season to know how A Madrid deal will transfers/loans.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I'm all for selling anyone for anything if we're not dependent on outgoing transfers funding incoming ones. If we are I think it'd be a very bad move to lose Laca for 15m or less. Then keeping him for this year would probably be better and see where we're at with Martinelli and Balogun next summer before identifying a replacement.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
@BigPoppaPump rn

RawDimAxolotl-max-1mb.gif

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Don't want Abraham, but I want Laca out. I'd take €15m and his 180k/week wages saved.

Auba, Martinelli, Balo should be enough for this season. Identify a striker as a marquee signing next summer.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I'm past considering saving on wages as we only offer another bumper wage package to the next incoming player, or existing player on a new contract

or even worse have to go on paying most of the wages for a player who's already playing for another team

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I'm all for selling anyone for anything if we're not dependent on outgoing transfers funding incoming ones. If we are I think it'd be a very bad move to lose Laca for 15m or less. Then keeping him for this year would probably be better and see where we're at with Martinelli and Balogun next summer before identifying a replacement.

Yeah, depending on who we bring, the value of it might be worse than keeping Laca for the next 12.

Cadena SER: Atletico interested in Lacazette, price between £13m and £17m

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

As reported by GOAL Atleti is interested in Lacazette, Arsenal player

The French player has been on Atleti's agenda for years

The price is between 13 and 17 million pounds

YESSSSS

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Edouard would be a more interesting Laca replacement than Tammy imo. Looks like he can play a bit as well as score goals. Also somewhat adjusted coming from the Scottish league and the same sort of age profile.

Top Bottom