• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

Clerais

Honestly atm I’d keep him and evaluate the striker situation next summer, or if we do sell him give Balogun and Martinelli his minutes, not a guy like Tammy.
The thing is, he has one year left. Shouldnt we sell him and get money out of it then a replacement ? Although ive always defended the guy, I can see why it would be a good move. Given that we have a replacement of course.

Goonger

Im a big Nice fan, following their every game. Dolberg should not be there, he is way to good. But he is a true 9, if the team behind him cant give him chances he cant do sh*t.
Plus they poorly managed his integration.
Anyway Nice bought Stengs & Kluivert notably to make Dolberg stay since they both were at Ajax. So that he feels better there. So i dont see him coming to Arsenal even though id' love to see him there.

Thanks for the info. I've not watched a lot of him at Nice, I thought he had big potential at Ajax when he first broke through, but just looking at his numbers for Nice, I just don't know why people are knocking Abraham over him when he actually has better numbers in our league already.

Honestly, I don't know how he's got on at Nice, but he showed elite potential at Ajax. Lots of quality goals, chips, great movement in the box, good control over the ball, unlike Abraham who seems to have springs in his shoes with half his first touches.

Like I said, I thought he had bags of potential coming through, so don't understand his low numbers in terms of goals for Nice. Perhaps he needs a better team. Maybe it might work if he's not a top goal scorer but is more adept at bringing others into play with the likes of Pepe & Martinelli around him?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I want it to happen as well (I want all the players I like to leave) but he’s obviously leaving on a free.
Think he’s here for one more year. Decent player, shame really, gets about 13 goals a season. With other strikers that could be prolific as well eg Auba, Martinelli, Pepe, Saka, together with a top manager and a midfield that was quick and exciting in transition, I’d have backed us for top 4 scoring levels next year.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

We spent 55m euros to get him we need at least get some money from him would be very poor losing him for free
We’ve got to face it. Any team that played top 4 level football and drops to mid table, their individual players are tarred with the same brush - not good enough. Particularly when the football was as a poor as it was last season.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

For me he’s a valuable member of the squad, I don’t see the desperation to out him. He’s a squaddy and seems happy with that role.

Like @Macho said though, he’s not going anywhere now anyway, will leave on a free next summer - get a nice sign on fee and a 3 year contract somewhere.
I dont get the incentive for him to move. I just dont see him moving to Atletico. He wont get more money or more playing time. Logic thing would be to see out his deal

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
How exactly is that enough for this season?? Unless we bring in another forward or AM it weakens us, doesn't matter whether Lacazette is good enough or not.
Can't rely on injury prone Martinelli and unproven kid Balogun.
  • First of all, we're relying on Aubameyang, not Martinelli and Balogun. They are the back-ups to the guy we rely on.
  • Second, we play a lot fewer games this year due to not being in Europe, so we need less depth. Why would you need 4 bodies at ST when you play one game a week. How much is Lacazette really going to contribute if Aubameyang, who has a great fitness record for us, is the starting striker? Probably not enough for 180k/week.
  • Third, I'm not saying we shouldn't bring in other players. I'm saying we don't have to buy a striker this year. I'm actually keen on buying a striker, but next year. This year, we should focus on getting another creative midfielder. With ESR, Saka having one more year of experience under their belt and Pepe finally seeming to hit his stride, a creative midfielder behind them and Aubameyang should be enough in the league to compete for top 6.
  • Edit: lastly, I'd rather give the few minutes that go to Lacazette, who has proven not to be good enough, to a player with potential upside in Martinelli, who might become good enough. Minutes given to an inadequate player are minutes wasted. I'd say we're actually stronger than last year if we sell Elneny and don't bring in a replacement, for example. Or Willian.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I dont get the incentive for him to move. I just dont see him moving to Atletico. He wont get more money or more playing time. Logic thing would be to see out his deal
He's a much cheaper alternative for them than Griezmann. Plenty of incentive for him as well, joining the champions of Spain is a big step up from Artetaball.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I've never understood when people say "with one less striker and exactly the same people otherwise we will do better than last year"...
you can do better with same players next year because young players improve and some players settle. Saka, ESR and partey will be better. But Abraham is not a guy you spend 40 million on to make a squad player. He will be main striker and he is not better than auba or even laca. He is a limited player just like Auba, but lesser of a goal scorer. Laca is comfortbly better footballer

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He's a much cheaper alternative for them than Griezmann. Plenty of incentive for him as well, joining the champions of Spain is a big step up from Artetaball.
He will have to take less money and instead he can be free next season and sign one last big contract with someone who will get him on free. Its not like he is not playing football now

GDeep™

League is very weak
This is only applies they are offering a BIG contract. Which I doubt.

If i was his agent I’ll tell him to chill in London and become a free agent.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Next summer, Laca gets a sign on fee, probably a few million, and multiple clubs from all over the world offering him a deal, as he’s free.

He’s in a very very strong position.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Next summer, Laca gets a sign on fee, probably a few million, and multiple clubs from all over the world offering him a deal, as he’s free.

Take your point but it’s not as cut and dried as that. Look at this summer. Pogba likely moving with one year left on his contract, Varane as well. Mbappe would probably move if Real stumped up the cash for PSG as well.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Take your point but it’s not as cut and dried as that. Look at this summer. Pogba likely moving with one year left on his contract, Varane as well. Mbappe would probably move if Real stumped up the cash for PSG as well.
Pogba ain’t moving though. I’m pretty sure he will see out his contract. But pogba and varane have international careers as well as being younger. Laca is at the stage where players protect what they have and think if life after football

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Pogba ain’t moving though. I’m pretty sure he will see out his contract. But pogba and varane have international careers as well as being younger. Laca is at the stage where players protect what they have and think if life after football

Pogba and Varane are at the stage of their careers where this will be their last big move, just like Lacazette. The motivations for them to see out their contracts and move on a free are just as great, if not greater than they’d be for Lacazette.

These are uncertain times. Players can’t be sure the money is going to be there next season if it’s offered to them now. They’re also one injury away from the whole thing falling to pieces.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters

No serious club like Atletico will be in for him after a year of warming the bench while losing precious hairline.

Believing a player will automatically get millions because he's signing on a free is such a myth. Only the top ones get lavish offers.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Pogba and Varane are at the stage of their careers where this will be their last big move, just like Lacazette. The motivations for them to see out their contracts and move on a free are just as great, if not greater than they’d be for Lacazette.

These are uncertain times. Players can’t be sure the money is going to be there next season if it’s offered to them now. They’re also one injury away from the whole thing falling to pieces.
Laca on free will get PL move if he scores between 10-14 league goals which he will. Going to new country at his age would be dumb. Specially a club he will play less than in Arsenal

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

No serious club like Atletico will be in for him after a year of warming the bench while losing precious hairline.

Believing a player will automatically get millions because he's signing on a free is such a myth. Only the top ones get lavish offers.
If that’s true why did Willian get such a lavish offer at 32, £10m a year for three years? There are clearly crazy clubs that’ll make deals like that.

Top Bottom