• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Spanish media already ripping into Ødegaard

"Ødegaard is the eternal promise. Surrounded by homegrown players, he should have said: here I am. What is there to do? Like at Arsenal, do they all play for him? Martin, you are in Madrid. Wake up, macho. (....) But what worries me the most is the attitude of Jovic and Ødegaard. Hopefully those who return, especially Bale, do not go along that line."

He will be back before the end of the window. Certain of it.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Spanish media already ripping into Ødegaard

"Ødegaard is the eternal promise. Surrounded by homegrown players, he should have said: here I am. What is there to do? Like at Arsenal, do they all play for him? Martin, you are in Madrid. Wake up, macho. (....) But what worries me the most is the attitude of Jovic and Ødegaard. Hopefully those who return, especially Bale, do not go along that line."
Hopefully he has enough of it and pushes for a move. Feels like straw clutching though

Barry

He will be back before the end of the window. Certain of it.
He's still the most obvious target for AM - it doesn't really add up that we won't have a backup for ESR because if that was the case, why would we have brought him in on loan in January?

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I wouldn't be against bringing Ødegaard here on loan again. Him and Smith ESR should be able to cover the No10 position. If we fail to bring in an adequate No 10, it would be a disaster. You'd have Willian starting lots of games. We might as well just pack it in.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think he wants to give Real a final go. To leave would be an admittance that they got it wrong back in the day. Time is running out for his development though. He needs gametime in Spain or England if he is to reach his potential.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Yeah I think it’s clear Arteta was enamoured with Ødegaard and wants to carry on whatever he was building towards the end of last season.

I think Ødegaard is one of the few number 10s we could bring in that wouldn't tread on ESR’s toes. Due them being able to play in the same 11, their fitness being similar and the pair of them being in the same ball park ability wise, whilst offering different things.

It makes too much sense to bring him back on a second loan or whatever they arrange.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Would be great if we could get him back.

Started last season with no real number 10s, could have 2 very good ones going into this season...this is why we trust the process!

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Which one would everyone prefer?

1. Bring back Ødegaard on loan and use the funds to sign a striker (Lacazette replacement) instead.

2. No striker signed in this window and stick with Lacazette for another season but use the funds for a player like Maddison or Aouar.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity

1. Bring back Ødegaard on loan and use the funds to sign a striker (Lacazette replacement) instead.

2. No striker signed in this window and stick with Lacazette for another season but use the funds for a player like Maddison or Aouar.
First priority is ensuring El Neny isn't starting on the first day of the season.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

100% keep laca. Bringing in trash like Tammy for huge money when he is lesser player than laca is madness. We gonna bring Girouds backup and make him our main striker. How many times are we gonna be burned with Chelsea’s backup

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Ødegaard's contract expires summer 2023. I think if they extend the contract a loan would be less palatable. Loan with obligation to buy could suit us depending on the fee.

I still think he will stay there till minimum January. They might be open to an outright sale then.

Thre autumn will be decisive I think.

TinFish

I would take this guy back in a heartbeat if its below 30 million. If United are getting Varane for 40 million surely Ødegaard should be considerably cheaper? No point spending double for Maddisson

Barry

Option 2. Ideally signing Ødegaard permanently, otherwise Aouar or Maddison would be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom