• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: The Croy-10 Cruyff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Capable of more, around 8 G + 8 A if he plays 38 full 90s imo.
16 goal contributions is doable for him I think but massively challenging. he is going to get a lot of individual attention from midfielders and defenders. He was a bit of an unknown last season for other teams but this season they will be much more aware of the threat, the better he does the harder it will be for him if that makes sense. Id expect him to do really well early season - maybe a slump while he adjusts to the new challenge and attention and then start delivering at a high rate again.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Right I'm just going to say it, Wilshere definitely had serious talent but I never felt he was gonna be this world beater people are now going on about. His style was pretty limited tbh. He could go past players and play 1-2's for fun but he was never going to be a real dictator of play, he didn't have the physical attributes to be an effective box-to-box midfielder. Also he never really nailed down his best position, started out deep alongside Song, then moved to 10, then tried out on the wings, Hodgson used him as a 6. I think his injuries have helped his reputation tbh. Now all of sudden that Barca game is highlighted and is used constantly to show what he could've become. In reality Barca's midfield dominated that game largely, I know it was a great victory but let's be real here Wilshere did not outplay Iniesta, Xavi and Busquets that's a fantasy, watch the game those three players were in total control. Wilshere had his standout moments absolutely, and was key to most of our transitions, and at such a young age played with incredible maturity. But there's this myth that he almost single handedly dominated that midfield. We can also look to the 2nd leg where he had no impact on the game at all (bar that one chance he almost setup for Bendtner). He was almost non-existent because of how the Barca midfield was absolutely dominating.

I think Saka is honestly a bigger talent than Wilshere was, he just has more tools in his locker. And there's no real questions over his position either. He can play in a number of positions, but you just know in that inside right position what he offers and what he'll bring. Saka's definitely the biggest talent since Fabregas.

Tho this thread is about ESR and he's probably not as talented as Wilshere naturally but he also has a lot of things which Wilshere lacked. His off the ball movement is far superior, his physical attributes are better, he's got a position almost nailed down.

I think Diaby had the same issue, clearly talented, but not really a CM, AM or winger. Just very skilled on the ball floating across the pitch. Reine-Adelaide had the same issues, but not as talented as Jack or Diaby. Yea the narrative that Jack completely bossed the Barca midfield was always strange. Barca dominated most of that game and would have ran riot if they were a bit more clinical. Still proud that the team didn't play scared at home and took the game to them, earning the victory that day.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Diaby has pretty much the exact same flaws as Pogba, brilliant on the ball but pretty bad when not on it...that's what separated Vieira from these two, Paddy was amazing in both offensive and defence...to get the best out of Abou, he needed to play in a midfield 3, similar to the one Pogba played in at Juve.

Wilshere was an amazing talent, I refuse to believe this place wasn't gassed about him when he first broke through (didn't know of this forum back in 2010), he was unbelievable...his first season here was out of this world.

As others have said, injuries and Wilshere deciding to try and play like Gerrard ended him after a few years... by 2016 he was finished pretty much, was still only in his early 20s too, which is very sad...but before that he was just a delight to watch.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Wilshere was an amazing talent, I refuse to believe this place wasn't gassed about him when he first broke through (didn't know of this forum back in 2010), he was unbelievable...his first season here was out of this world.
You’d be correct, the forum was crazy gassed.

Diaby was always a bit mixed admittedly.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Criticisms of Diaby and Wilshere are harsh imo, both careers were destroyed by injury and they were never allowed to reach footballing maturity. Wilshere didn't 'boss' the Barca midfield but dominance is established by a whole team and a strategy, within his role he was more or less perfect that day and won most of his duels, lovely pass to Cesc to set up the break too.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Diaby was an average player with a few flashy moves he doesn’t deserve to be mentioned with the others. You guys are obviously suffering from the Diaby effect.

Dia·by ef·fect
noun
noun: Diaby effect; plural noun: Diaby effects

The phenomenon whereby a decent-ish player out injured for a long period of time increases in ability in the minds of fans until he becomes world class.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Diaby was an average player with a few flashy moves he doesn’t deserve to be mentioned with the others. You guys are obviously suffering from the Diaby effect.

Dia·by ef·fect
noun
noun: Diaby effect; plural noun: Diaby effects

The phenomenon whereby a decent-ish player out injured for a long period of time increases in ability in the minds of fans until he becomes world class.
I have to say I liked Diaby his tight control really was fantastic, very like Cazorla in his ability to get out of tight spots with quick feet and keep the ball moving forward.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
If he gets 10 assists, irrespective of the number of goals he scores, that's a great season.
For goal/assist contribution, putting ESR in a prime Barcelona, is different to putting him in a Pulis’ Stoke.

As a team, if we play with the same style as in the last season, our team will like last year, have so little possession control, we will be unable to create chances, and our team will not score enough. No matter how good ESR is, he will not do well in terms of stats.

Individual numbers are affected by how your team plays, the role you are assigned to play, and how good your teammates are. So individual stats is not a good indication of how good a player is.

In addition, you can be a goal hanger like ramsey/gallas, they play terribly bad all the time, but as long as they stay up and score a few winning goals to pack up their stats, the average fans will not complain. So individual stats here does not tell you the full picture.

And also, poachers like auba, they contribute nothing in the game other than scoring. Their team will suffer from not able to control the match. So their team will create less chances and score less goals overall. Not able to control also means their team can only play ugly defensive direct football. Their individual stats is a poor trade off of the team stats.

A lot of players that doesn’t score/assist that much are fxxking amazing brilliant players. They make their team play better. So the team will have better output.

blrgooner

Established Member
If he gets 10 assists, irrespective of the number of goals he scores, that's a great season.
Yes. 10 assists would be a great season. I think he will get 15-20 G+A this season though with more goals than assists. I just hope he stays injury free and has a full season.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Capable of more, around 8 G + 8 A if he plays 38 full 90s imo.

I think he'll be around 5+5 at the end of the season which will be a decent improvement on last year and he'll build on it again the year after.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Arteta showing he doesn't actually rate him that highly. Probably why he didn't give him a run last season until he'd run out of options, preferring Willian. People saying give Arteta a chance he's still learning. Is he though?
I think he does.

Admitting Emile wanted the number says more about Emile and his balls rather than it being thrust upon him. I look at Arteta's selections more than what he says and since Emile has come in he's not really come out - be it centrally or left wing.

The only thing I've seen Arteta do is temper expectations and bat away the KDB comparisons which is very needed. He does it with all the young players even Saka.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think he does.

Admitting Emile wanted the number says more about Emile and his balls rather than it being thrust upon him. I look at Arteta's selections more than what he says and since Emile has come in he's not really come out - be it centrally or left wing.

The only thing I've seen Arteta do is temper expectations and bat away the KDB comparisons which is very needed. He does it with all the young players even Saka.
He certainly ought to rate him, even if the put down was only slight. After all, Emile saved his job.

bonzka

Really hope Emile pushes on this year. He's shown cracking potential but he needs to be more involved in the game, and absolutely more end product.

He drifts in and out connecting between the lines. He's fun to watch, but sometimes I feel he can be more bold and selfish on the ball. Is that in his locker? For those who watched him at Youth.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

He drifts in and out connecting between the lines. He's fun to watch, but sometimes I feel he can be more bold and selfish on the ball. Is that in his locker? For those who watched him at Youth.
Not that I have, but I have noted some of his long time followers have been slightly taken aback by his unwillingness to try take ons which I found interesting. Probably Arteta instructions as our other dribblers like Pepe have seen a drastic reduction on take on attempts as well.

I saw ESR completely ghost one player against Rangers in pre-season and I was kinda startled at the ease of how he did it. Makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom