• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Well they won it with him, I remember him completely out performing your boy Laca in the Europa final too and France got kicked out the Euros when they dropped him.

France would have never won the World Cup with Lacazette up front though, that’s why he never gets a call up.
He scored zero goals in the WC.

Furthermore not getting a call up for France is hardly a damning assessment of ones ability. Especially when the coach is weird.

All these reasons to talk up Giroud are flimsy and not convincing. By your definitions Willian and Mustafi are winners too, when in reality they were blessed to be in certain teams.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
He scored zero goals in the WC.

Furthermore not getting a call up for France is hardly a damning assessment of ones ability. Especially when the coach is weird.

All these reasons to talk up Giroud are flimsy and not convincing. By your definitions Willian and Mustafi are winners too, when in reality they were blessed to be in certain teams.
Your reasons to say Laca is better is even more flimsy and unconvincing tho. At least there’s a basis for Giroud > Laca that’s not complete bias.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Your reasons to say Laca is better is even more flimsy and unconvincing tho. At least there’s a basis for Giroud > Laca that’s not complete bias.
I haven't provided any reasons for Laca that's the joke, I'm just tired of this Giroud revisionist stuff it's boring and he was crap.

Lacazette is not our main striker and yet I see guys foaming at the mouth when the club congratulates him on his anniversary. That's bias.

I hope Laca goes anyways hopefully he takes all the talk of Giroud with him.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I don’t think there’s much between them with Giroud being slighty the better player because of physicality. Regardless Lacazette never getting called up and Giroud being a mainstay for France shows the difference.

Giroud's done well with what he's got I'll admit. I'm purely judging him on what I saw for Arsenal and it frustrates me that we wasted many good teams with Giroud up top. What he's done since then doesn't change my mind on that.

On the France thing Deschamps has had some questionable calls in his time as manager for them. They got their World Cup obviously but he wasted many of Benzema's best years with him available. Different coaches like different things I guess, way back in 98 Guivarch started every game for France, I don't think anyone would call him better than Trezeguet or Henry now. Not that I'm comparing Laca to either of those two either mind.

BigPoppaPump

I haven't provided any reasons for Laca that's the joke, I'm just tired of this Giroud revisionist stuff it's boring and he was crap.

Lacazette is not our main striker and yet I see guys foaming at the mouth when the club congratulates him on his anniversary. That's bias.

I hope Laca goes anyways hopefully he takes all the talk of Giroud with him.
Yeah but I don't really give a sh*t about any of that. Lacazette deserves it tbh he's been a massive let down, at least Giroud was only 12m and we won 3 FA Cups with him. I've been hoping he goes since his first season here so we agree there.

Impact

Established Member
Personally I don’t think Lacazette is good enough for the level we are ultimately aspiring towards i.e a team challenging for top domestic and international honours. However, he is currently the striker that brings the best out of other forwards on the pitch, especially given Auba’s slump in form. As a “to feet” forward, he offers solutions in our build up and enables us to get the most out of players that are accustomed to making runs off the ball e.g. Smith Rowe, Pépé, Martinelli and even Auba himself. We should be scouting to bring in a striker with similar technical ability with a distinctly better athletic profile (Lacazette’s main weakness) but given the other areas for improvement this summer, I don’t think this is especially urgent. I’d much rather us let Laca see out his deal a la Aguero at City, and go back into the market next summer than sell him this money to recoup some monies only to waste those and other significant funds on a B list option like Abraham, a marginal improvement. Give Balogun more game time over the course of the season to see how ready he is. I think he’ll surprise many and have a Saka/Smith Rowe like breakout if given the chance.

Prioritise a CM, AM, and back-up GK before this should even become a discussion (especially with their being no significant opportunities at ST on the market).

BigPoppaPump

Giroud's done well with what he's got I'll admit. I'm purely judging him on what I saw for Arsenal and it frustrates me that we wasted many good teams with Giroud up top. What he's done since then doesn't change my mind on that.

On the France thing Deschamps has had some questionable calls in his time as manager for them. They got their World Cup obviously but he wasted many of Benzema's best years with him available. Different coaches like different things I guess, way back in 98 Guivarch started every game for France, I don't think anyone would call him better than Trezeguet or Henry now. Not that I'm comparing Laca to either of those two either mind.
It's Benzema's own fault he never got called up.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It's Benzema's own fault he never got called up.

Yeah there's that as well to be fair.

Like I say though we wasted many years with Giroud as our main striker. With someone else we might possibly have won the league in 2016. It doesn't have to be Lacazette either.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Yeah but I don't really give a sh*t about any of that. Lacazette deserves it tbh he's been a massive let down
If you know you don't give a sh*t about that, then don't talk to me about bias then.

It's you and your Laca hating buddies that bump his thread not his fans. It's also you that talks about him everyday in every thread not me, so you can't chat to me about bias.

He's got one more season max anyways and will see plenty bench, it's not that deep. Personally I hope Martinelli or Balogun (I prefer Martinelli at this point of time tbh) get an extended run upfront.

BigPoppaPump

Yeah there's that as well to be fair.

Like I say though we wasted many years with Giroud as our main striker. With someone else we might possibly have won the league in 2016. It doesn't have to be Lacazette either.
I do agree that with a better striker we may have won the league, just in general better players obviously put you in a better position however Arsenal fans we do tend to look back and say 'if only we had X we would have won the league in Y year' but at the same time I feel like every team can say something similar so I don't give it much credence.

BigPoppaPump

If you know you don't give a sh*t about that, then don't talk to me about bias then.

It's you and your Laca hating buddies that bump his thread not his fans. It's also you that talks about him everyday in every thread not me, so you can't chat to me about bias.

He's got one more season max anyways and will see plenty bench, it's not that deep. Personally I hope Martinelli or Balogun (I prefer Martinelli at this point of time tbh) get an extended run upfront.
I'll talk about whatever I want, you have biases towards players so does everyone no need to get in your feelings about it. It's funny how you try act unbothered but it's so obvious how much it gets to you lmao.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I do agree that with a better striker we may have won the league, just in general better players obviously put you in a better position however Arsenal fans we do tend to look back and say 'if only we had X we would have won the league in Y year' but at the same time I feel like every team can say something similar so I don't give it much credence.

That's true. He was just a player that frustrated me far more than Lacazette has. Probably because we had a better side then. If we'd kept him I'm sure we'd all be moaning about him right now.

BigPoppaPump

That's true. He was just a player that frustrated me far more than Lacazette has. Probably because we had a better side then. If we'd kept him I'm sure we'd all be moaning about him right now.
Yeah I agree, Giroud was frustrating. But I feel like that was because we played him way too much, he should have been a rotated player not guaranteed starting every week. I'd love to have had Giroud and Auba, that would have worked better than Auba/Laca but I doubt Giroud would've chosen to sit on our bench over Chelsea's they win a lot more.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yeah I agree, Giroud was frustrating. But I feel like that was because we played him way too much, he should have been a rotated player not guaranteed starting every week. I'd love to have had Giroud and Auba, that would have worked better than Giroud/Laca but I doubt Giroud would've chosen to sit on our bench over Chelsea's they win a lot more.

Yeah that might have worked, I always felt Giroud was far more dangerous coming off the bench. In hindsight we should have signed Auba instead of Laca but I don't know if he was available then.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I'll talk about whatever I want, you have biases towards players so does everyone no need to get in your feelings about it. It's funny how you try act unbothered but it's so obvious how much it gets to you lmao.
lol your go to lines, you called me bias and all I did was hold up a mirror.

I only took exception to the Giroud praise anyways. My Laca defending days are largely over, the hate for him is too overwhelming which is a sign that it's time for him to move on. The team will stay bad Laca or no Laca.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I don’t think there’s much between them with Giroud being slighty the better player because of physicality. Regardless Lacazette never getting called up and Giroud being a mainstay for France shows the difference.
Giroud made everyone around him worse and had zero pace. We couldn’t play one through ball to him. Laca is comfortably better footballer

BigPoppaPump

Giroud made everyone around him worse and had zero pace. We couldn’t play one through ball to him. Laca is comfortably better footballer
You say that like Lacazette isn't a snail too, it's unfair to say he made everyone around him worse too. They're on the same level of quality Giroud just edges him because of physicality.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You say that like Lacazette isn't a snail too, it's unfair to say he made everyone around him worse too. They're on the same level of quality Giroud just edges him because of physicality.
Laca is better at holding the ball, can actually dribble and play football. Giroud was as anti football as you could get

BigPoppaPump

Laca is better at holding the ball, can actually dribble and play football. Giroud was as anti football as you could get
I mean if you call rubbing your arse on a defender then falling over holding the ball then I guess, but Giroud was much better at holding the ball if we're being honest. Also Lacazette's dribbling is average to below average and he has no skills/tricks to save his life Giroud has shown way more impressive skills, there's literally nothing special about his game. He's average to below average in all aspects of football.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I mean if you call rubbing your arse on a defender then falling over holding the ball then I guess, but Giroud was much better at holding the ball if we're being honest. Also Lacazette's dribbling is average to below average and he has no skills/tricks to save his life Giroud has shown way more impressive skills, there's literally nothing special about his game. He's average to below average in all aspects of football.
We just have to disagree. I think people have short memory and ex players people tend to remember only the good parts

Top Bottom