• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lautaro Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

This is a risky signing. I said this earlier on the group chat and someone was shocked with what I was saying. I told him to stop playing career mode, there a lot of factors that could contribute to him flopping here.

He’s a striker from the Italian league, they struggle in the PL often- as well as most players from there. He’s Argentinian, except for the rare case of Aguero they struggle acclimatising here a lot of the time.

Also, Martinez has proven to be quite a streaky and inconsistent player. I think the Barca and light City links made people think he’s the real deal ready to give a lot of goals and contributions right away but he won’t. He’d be a project and for 50-60m. We have much bigger problems to solve. I would rather spend 50-60m on AM, CM, or RB. We should be kicking the striker can down the road unless we somehow have the budget to fix all these positions now.
Exactly this. His goals came in a purple patch. That seems to be the main criticism of Abraham but at least Abraham has done it domestically. Martinez may go on to be quality but it's a massive gamble at that price.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Very good player. I've only seen him play with a partner up front in Lukaku so don't know how he'd play on his own. Has the attributes Arteta seems to like in a striker. Slim to zero chance of this one happening though.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Exactly this. His goals came in a purple patch. That seems to be the main criticism of Abraham but at least Abraham has done it domestically. Martinez may go on to be quality but it's a massive gamble at that price.
In my opinion both aren’t the right players for us. If we want a striker why don’t we sign Edouard and develop him until Auba and Laca are gone? His style of play suits us more no? Compared to Abraham for example. Who isn’t good on the ball and quite average at holding the ball up considering his size.

Martinez is even more off what we need. Not even really proven in a lone striker formation in Serie A and we are expecting him to come in and be a target man as a lone striker in the PL. lol. This is a Raul Sanllehi ‘big name’ signing. Silly waste of money which got us in this situation.

Why

Always Me ?
No chance. Reads like Edu wrote the Tweet to make it sound like we are making big moves when we are actually shopping from the Sheffield Utd Mark Up bucket.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This is a risky signing. I said this earlier on the group chat and someone was shocked with what I was saying. I told him to stop playing career mode, there a lot of factors that could contribute to him flopping here.

He’s a striker from the Italian league, they struggle in the PL often- as well as most players from there. He’s Argentinian, except for the rare case of Aguero they struggle acclimatising here a lot of the time.

Also, Martinez has proven to be quite a streaky and inconsistent player. I think the Barca and light City links made people think he’s the real deal ready to give a lot of goals and contributions right away but he won’t. He’d be a project and for 50-60m. We have much bigger problems to solve. I would rather spend 50-60m on AM, CM, or RB. We should be kicking the striker can down the road unless we somehow have the budget to fix all these positions now.

Not sure I agree on the acclimatisation problem. Striker wise, Aguero, Tevez and Crespo were fine.

Many players have forged fine careers in England. Buendia and Martinez the most notable lately. Zabaleta, Lanzini and so on, Lo Celso is fine.

Veron and Di Maria were the biggest flops.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Not sure I agree on the acclimatisation problem. Striker wise, Aguero, Tevez and Crespo were fine.

Many players have forged fine careers in England. Buendia and Martinez the most notable lately. Zabaleta, Lanzini and so on, Lo Celso is fine.

Veron and Di Maria were the biggest flops.
It’s a higher risk from South America than many other countries. Not saying it’s guaranteed to be an issue. But there are many potential issues with the signing as I pointed out.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Why are some comments being moved back and forth from the transfer target thread? Confused.

Credible links compared to some of the other dross we post here. This should defo be thread even though I don’t want him.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
This is a Raul Sanllehi ‘big name’ signing.

Miss him...

0_GettyImages-1195096848.jpg

...The Dream Team just ain't been the same without him :(

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Why are some comments being moved back and forth from the transfer target thread? Confused.

Credible links compared to some of the other dross we post here. This should defo be thread even though I don’t want him.
Was trying to move posts from there to this thread but missed a few out.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Don't see why we should be spending money on CF this summer. The money should be spent on the midfield. Anything CF related should be end of the window stuff.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
There no question about us afford him and give him better wages. The problem is he willing to leave inter who just win the league to team who in rebuild? and of course no guarantee finishing top 4. It's ambitious signing don't mind we try after selling laca but we have to be realistic with our targets

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Isn’t he more of a work horse for Inter than Lukaku who was the blunt end? Seemed to work the channels and do the dirty work more than Rom when I watched them which is something Abraham can’t do.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I mean, I'll probably get called an idiot, but if Balogun and Gabi are as good as we think they may be then I don't want to see us smashing 65M+ on a striker. If Saka and ESR can cement a first team place then one of those can within the next two years.

I really believe one or the other can take over once Auba leaves.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Can we make a poll on what the general position of AM is on whether Auba will recapture his old form and/or whether he is even good enough aside from his goals to push Arsenal forward ?

I dont see him being at his old best, and even then, he was never good for us in linkup play and we suffered as a team even when he scored goals..

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I mean, I'll probably get called an *****, but if Balogun and Gabi are as good as we think they may be then I don't want to see us smashing 65M+ on a striker. If Saka and ESR can cement a first team place then one of those can within the next two years.

I really believe one or the other can take over once Auba leaves.
They probably aren’t, but I agree with your point. Keep Laca and Auba for now and develop both of Martinelli and Balogun. Martinelli should go on loan and Balogun stay with the first team and get some minutes.

Ideally Martinelli would be ready to start or at least share striker position with Auba for 22/23 and Balogun can get a loan with plenty of playing time.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Guys we need a game changer. We currently have nobody and if we sign Ødegaard we still won't have a game changer in the side. Auba isn't showing any signs of progressing. Saka and ESR are good but this guy is different gravy on his day. Also still very very young.

For £60M you can't turn your nose up at it but it would be almost impossible without CL footy. Would remind me a bit of the Aguero signing City made all those years ago. Much more exciting than Abraham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom