• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Genuinely thought he left weeks ago; Roma only offering 12mil? :lol:

PL clubs must get so pissed when they see offers coming in from Serie A, it must waste so much time dealing with them.

Such a strange league, you got clubs there with massive reps in the game but then they come to you like they some Sunday league pub club!

Roma = The Red Lion
Juve = The White Horse
AC Milan = The Cherry Tree

Etcetera..
20 million in serie A these days is like 100 million in the PL. Even juventus trying to low ball Sasuollo by offering a 5 million loan fee this year for Locatelli.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I'm seeing he not even returned to pre-season isn't his holiday supposed to be done by now? His Instagram only shows he training at home

Reactions: Xln

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Hadn't seen that quote. What I meant though is I don't think we'd have went into this summer planning on selling Xhaka as I think Arteta sees him as an important player. Roma and/or Mourinho has probably forced our hand by letting him know they're interested and obviously he seems very keen on the move.
We did.

These rumors started before the season ended with the coaches fully aware that he is leaving. It certainly materialized in the last few weeks of the season, but we knew Xhaka wanted to go.

Edit: Or maybe I was misreading. We probably wouldn't have sold him, but any competent management would have expected it with how the last few years were going

Last edited:

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
We did.

These rumors started before the season ended with the coaches fully aware that he is leaving.

Yeah but that's because it looks like Roma have approached him. I don't think we'd have actively made the effort to sell him going into this summer had he not already decided he wants to leave. I mean he's probably the most used player under Arteta.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Yeah but that's because it looks like Roma have approached him. I don't think we'd have actively made the effort to sell him going into this summer had he not already decided he wants to leave. I mean he's probably the most used player under Arteta.
Yes, I reread your post and realized what you meant.

Still, as I edited: It should have been expected as a strong possibility.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I dont mind keeping Xhaka for good depth as long as we get that freakin crap Elneny out.
How the hell is he still here, he's gotten an extension after being **** from Gazidis, hasn't he ?

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Pay up or the player stays.
Everyone lowballs us because they know they can get away with. We have bend over for Roma before with mhiki, it needs to stop now.
It is a tactic that has worked well for them. Hence why they try it. They tried it with Man Utd last season with Smalling. Player was very keen to join them, was frozen out at United. He was even training on his own. Their first bid was something like €10m and they refused to raise it by much, banking on United to cave in as everything was in their favour. United called their bluff and weeks dragged on and the window was about to close. Roma waited till the last minute before eventually forking out close to €20m. The deal was processed by the Italian FA with just 1 minute to spare.

They will probably try similar tactic with us. It is just a case of who blinks first.

I want Xhaka gone but if we everytime sell our assets too cheaply we won't get anywhere. To really make a difference in player recruitment we need to be able to bolster our transfer budget with money brought in by player sales.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Il nome che per il centrocampo figura in cima alla lista dei desideri dello Special One è Granit Xhaka, calciatore svizzero di proprietà dell'Arsenal. Con il giocatore la Roma ha già un accordo, ma dopo l'acquisto di Viña il club giallorosso ha bisogno di registrare delle uscite prima di poter presentare un'offerta adeguata alle richieste dell'Arsenal e regalare a Mourinho l'acquisto desiderato per il suo centrocampo.

Di Marzio saying in his article, that Roma has to make some sells until they will make a new offer for Xhaka (if the translator translated it correctly).

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Seeing a conspiracy theory online that Mourinho is dragging his feet here because he knows Xhaka only wants to join Roma, and if the later the deal gets done the less time Arteta has to sign a replacement.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Seeing a conspiracy theory online that Mourinho is dragging his feet here because he knows Xhaka only wants to join Roma, and if the later the deal gets done the less time Arteta has to sign a replacement.

I was thinking this the other day. But if the club no for sure he's out the door they should be signing a replacement now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom