• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arteta did his apprenticeship under Pep who can rapidly sell and then replace any player who looks at him the wrong way or isn't a 100 fit for his system. Less need for man management when u have an endless supply of financial resources.
This. Clough had to work with Roy Keane and ended up punching him in frustration. Got the job done though. Good managers find a way to get players fired up whatever their personalities and traits. Pep has this luxury of pushing out players he doesn’t get on with because he’s always been at the richest team in each league, and for him and the club it works. His methods would never cut it at a lower club though and his protege hasn’t realised yet.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

The manager decided douzis ship had sailed so we move on.

Its rather like being at school. If some kids are disruptive they can impact the whole classroom.
Except he got on really well with Unai and the team before Arteta, and Arne Friedrich at Hertha Berlin said,”I’ve also read that he had problems at Arsenal but here he behaves very well. He puts all of himself on the field. He is a great professional.”

Can you see where this is leading?

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Except he got on really well with Unai and the team before Arteta, and Arne Friedrich at Hertha Berlin said,”I’ve also read that he had problems at Arsenal but here he behaves very well. He puts all of himself on the field. He is a great professional.”

Can you see where this is leading?
The way you talk its like he is the model pro ffs lol
We dont know what goes on behind the scenes.

Douzi has shown he is more than capable of behaving like a prick .

For a french comparison Its not like he is Pogba standard .

If Arteta bins him & brings in Sambi its his call.

You made a comment about Roy Keane earlier.
Are you suggesting managers should start punching players in the face? 😁

I highly doubt he or Sambi will ever get near those standards.

Using your 'standards' though perhaps we have binned off Keane & brought in PV 😜.

I know who i would prefer out of the 2.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

The Athletic analysing the best shot stopping keepers. Clearly a mistake by Mikel here.

167-C3-FAF-F86-E-4-E85-AA86-C071-FE2-E1312.jpg

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The Athletic analysing the best shot stopping keepers. Clearly a mistake by Mikel here.

167-C3-FAF-F86-E-4-E85-AA86-C071-FE2-E1312.jpg
I'm a Leno fan and believed the club was right to back him, but this is quite damning.

The only argument you could have for Leno is that he faced less shots on goal meaning he was often "cold" compared to the busier Martinez. This could be further backed up by Martinez conceding more even though he has the better raw data.

Also there is just no accounting for the Xhaka type blunders against Burnley or the teething pains from us trying to play from the back - issues I don't think Villa necessarily faced. We were quite possession heavy where as Villa are a counter attacking side happy to not have the ball.

Otherwise, the bottom line is Martinez had the far superior season it has to be said. I'd have to reluctantly concede that whilst historically Leno has been the guy, currently Martinez is better.

There's always next season though, both keepers have something to prove.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
The Athletics analysis of pressing shows how poor we were last season. All the top teams above us.

74536-ADC-EDE8-4008-B510-CAD9057-DC8-EC.jpg

We seemed to start last season pressing very well and as the season progressed it got less and less existant. Don't know if it's anything to do with our fitness. Seem to remember Luiz saying the squad needed to really work on that after we beat United pre lockdown.

IstraBalagina

We seemed to start last season pressing very well and as the season progressed it got less and less existant. Don't know if it's anything to do with our fitness. Seem to remember Luiz saying the squad needed to really work on that after we beat United pre lockdown.
Yeah with Özil we were pressing better

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I'm a Leno fan and believed the club was right to back him, but this is quite damning.

The only argument you could have for Leno is that he faced less shots on goal meaning he was often "cold" compared to the busier Martinez. This could be further backed up by Martinez conceding more even though he has the better raw data.

Also there is just no accounting for the Xhaka type blunders against Burnley or the teething pains from us trying to play from the back - issues I don't think Villa necessarily faced. We were quite possession heavy where as Villa are a counter attacking side happy to not have the ball.

Otherwise, the bottom line is Martinez had the far superior season it has to be said. I'd have to reluctantly concede that whilst historically Leno has been the guy, currently Martinez is better.

There's always next season though, both keepers have something to prove.
I think all that’s fair. Martinez also had15 clean sheets to Leon’s 11 and had the highest save % in the league at 74.6%. Considering all stats Martinez was probably the best keeper in the EPL last season. Those small margins could have made a difference to Mikel’s position in the league, Martinez being one of the main reasons our season ending was so good last year.

But managers are judged by these kind of decisions they make.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I think all that’s fair. Martinez also at 15 clean sheets to Leon’s 11 and had the highest save % in the league at 74.6%. Considering all stats Martinez was probably the best keeper in the EPL last season. Those small margins could have made a difference to Mikel’s position in the league, Martinez being one of the main reasons our season ending was so good last year.

But managers are judged by these kind of decisions they make.
Not to defend Arteta because I think he's incompetent, but judging from our shared appreciation of data and figures I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess your background is something to do with numbers? analytics?

Surely you can understand the rationale of backing the horse with more history? granted our GK staff seeked Runarsson so I am not naive in that these guys have questionable judgement but still.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom