• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
And his xGOT is better than his xG which also tells us that he is shooting at a better rate than the quality of the chances they are getting.

9429-B864-101-B-49-FE-A4-DE-EF13-FB61-A0-E1.jpg

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

It's a good article btw, @Makingtrax - I'd copy paste it as I think the forum really should read it in it's entirety but it has too many pictures and I'd be here all day.

Come see the forum's hero Vardy.

1627460120493.png

1627460187624.png

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Lacazette was our best forward last season tbf to him, might as well see out his contract. I wonder if we’ll get Auba Laca Pepe front 3 a lot this season.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

It's a good article btw, @Makingtrax - I'd copy paste it as I think the forum really should read it in it's entirety but it has too many pictures and I'd be here all day.

View attachment 3798

View attachment 3799
I don't know about anyone else but this reminded how ridiculous Gundogan was last season especially for that two month stretch. Literally guaranteed double digits on FPL week in week out with him.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

View attachment 3798

View attachment 3799

👀

Bruno…9 penalties. No surprises there but it’s still a decent return from a player in his position.

A lot of people sleeping on DCL and Bamford. Both players had solid seasons and should have been given a chance in the England team. Judging by those stats, DCL would be a great signing for us as if he ends up getting 20+ goals next season then the likes of Chelsea and Utd will be after him.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

👀

Bruno…9 penalties. No surprises there but it’s still a decent return from a player in his position.

A lot of people sleeping on DCL and Bamford. Both players had solid seasons and should have been given a chance in the England team. Judging by those stats, DCL would be a great signing for us as if he ends up getting 20+ goals next season then the likes of Chelsea and Utd will be after him.
9 open play goals from midfield though is a superb return. I'd kill for that return from one of our midfielders.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

He's not even playing preseason, seems like he's off to Newcastle. So disappointing because I rate him highly.

:( It’s ridiculous that we’re possibly selling one of our better talents.

Look at him up there with the other midfielders. 13 (8) appearances and 8 goals.

We should even be looking at Pereira too judging by the stats. He’s the second highest attacking midfielder with 11 goals.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

:( It’s ridiculous that we’re possibly selling one of our better talents.

Look at him up there with the other midfielders. 13 (8) appearances and 8 goals.

We should even be looking at Pereira too judging by the stats. He’s the second highest attacking midfielder with 11 goals.

It's why I'm so bullish on Maddison because we desperately need goals from midfield. Willock is an internal solution but I have no confidence he will get a run of games or he will be played out of position under this regime. Broke a PL record under a poor Newcastle side and still out of favour here, you can't make it up.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
It's why I'm so bullish on Maddison because we desperately need goals from midfield.
I was surprised to see Maddison only scores about 7 goals a season. For someone who plays in a very attacking Leicester side and takes a shot at every possible opportunity I would have thought his numbers would be better.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I was surprised to see Maddison only scores about 7 goals a season. For someone who plays in a very attacking Leicester side and takes a shot at every possible opportunity I would have thought his numbers would be better.
See this is the stick that I wouldn't beat Maddison with, for context Kevin De Bruyne had more shots last season and scored less goals (6). Although, KDB played less games, he had more shots accumulated. If I have any issue with him, it's that he isn't more consistent and doesn't provide as many assists. Although, I am curious if the system at Leicester does reduce his impact given they play through midfield a lot more through Tielemans than they do Maddison in the build up.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

A couple of those goals were long ranged speculative shots as well, instead of well worked clear goal chances. He had a month where they were just flying in.

His numbers should be better tbh.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
See this is the stick that I wouldn't beat Maddison with, for context Kevin De Bruyne had more shots last season and scored less goals (6). Although, KDB played less games, he had more shots accumulated. If I have any issue with him, it's that he isn't more consistent and doesn't provide as many assists. Although, I am curious if the system at Leicester does reduce his impact given they play through midfield a lot more through Tielemans than they do Maddison in the build up.
The Bruyne's game is mostly about assisting though. Hence why he has broken the all time assists records. Maddison tends not to pass when he is in a good position himself. It is why I think his assists are low. Averages about 5 assists a season. Not sure if he is on set piece duties as well which would make those stats look really poor.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
A couple of those goals were long ranged speculative shots as well, instead of well worked clear goal chances. He had a month where they were just flying in.

His numbers should be better tbh.
This is what I remember whenever I have seen Leicester games. He really likes a shot. Even if he is quite far out. Nothing wrong with that per se but surprised his goals weren't much higher as I think he has a good shot on him.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
One of the top ten scorers in the league for minutes played. In fact we had two boys in that list. Bale on top.

7-B4-CF07-C-F307-427-D-ABA0-D889-C9-C77-B64.jpg

And his xGOT is better than his xG which also tells us that he is shooting at a better rate than the quality of the chances they are getting.

9429-B864-101-B-49-FE-A4-DE-EF13-FB61-A0-E1.jpg
Whenever some of us have defended Laca and said he isn't a bad finisher, just isn't getting the opportunities. Most of that is caused by himself (he really likes to drop back a bit to link up play) some of of it caused by our tactics, people were having none of it.

Very decent forward who isn't world class but is one of the better forwards in the league....provided he is utilised correctly.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

The Bruyne's game is mostly about assisting though. Hence why he has broken the all time assists records. Maddison tends not to pass when he is in a good position himself. It is why I think his assists are low. Averages about 5 assists a season. Not sure if he is on set piece duties as well which would make those stats look really poor.
I agree that his assists are low and look poor but his underlying stats related to assists are quite good and he lands in the highest percentile across the PL for attacking midfielders for them. (Chances created, shot creating actions, xG, xA, etc.)

I suspect he is being hampered by the Leicester system to some degree and if he was in a different system (United, Chelsea etc.) with a plethora of attacking talent, he would probably have better numbers imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom