• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

James Maddison

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, that’s an issue. Though I think somebody said he has played 30 games in the league for the last 3 years. Don’t know if that’s true.
If Madders didn’t have a potential career ending chronic hip issue then he would be my undisputed first choice signing.

His injury issues means I rate him less as a signing. You have to consider those things especially at a club like this which is cursed with injuries.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If Madders didn’t have a potential career ending chronic hip issue then he would be my undisputed first choice signing.

His injury issues means I rate him less as a signing. You have to consider those things especially at a club like this which is cursed with injuries.
That’s a fair point, I haven’t really kept up to date with his hip issue.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Is this really the case though (genuine question, haven't heard much about his injuries)? A quick Wikipedia search shows he's played 30 plus PL games for the last 3 seasons. If he can play that amount for us I'd take him in a heartbeat.

IstraBalagina

People need to get top 4 our their heads. Chelsea, Liverpool, City and United are miles off, they will all be in a title race.
Last season West Ham were 2 points away from 4th, Leicester 1 point.
We were 8 points off 3rd place in our worst season since 95, I wouldn't call that miles off.
It depends on who we bring in till next month and whether Arteta will continue being rubbish or improves.

Last edited:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Last season West Ham were 2 points away from 4th, Leicester 1 point.
We were 8 points off 3rd place, I wouldn't call that miles off.
It depends on who we bring in next month and whether Arteta will continue being rubbish or improves.

Nah, Liverpool will improve massively and hopefully be injury free. Chelsea have a full season under the incredible Tuchel, United have improved yet again & City are City but likely with Kane.

We’ll be 10 or more points behind whoever’s in 4th.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
With ESR rightly staying, we should just move away from this guy, don't really need what he brings anymore.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Untitled.jpg

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I wouldn't call it a potential career ender but it's definitely something to watch and keep an eye on. If he has a healthy season putting up numbers that he has the past three seasons, he'll be out of our reach.

db10fan

Similar to ESR who is apparently our long term AM with his new contract. Edu should look for an 8 type CM who can cover as a 10, such as Zielinski, Paqueta, Sabitzer, Nkunku, etc.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Daaamn I see this thread active as hell and thought we made a bid. Turns out it’s a tweet saying we still hold interest in the player. We are really starving for transfer news lol

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Is this really the case though (genuine question, haven't heard much about his injuries)? A quick Wikipedia search shows he's played 30 plus PL games for the last 3 seasons. If he can play that amount for us I'd take him in a heartbeat.

I've obviously got no idea if it's a genuine issue or not but the Leicester fans seem to be saying that it's not just about the time he's out but also that he then spends about a third of the season getting his form and match fitness back. He was awful in the last 10 games of last season for example. Wouldn't be against Maddison if Ødegaard is not available. Would be an exciting signing.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
There was a Dr Raj video on his injury issue that @American_Gooner shared.

What was the verdict AG? I was too lazy to watch / was busy.

Top Bottom