• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lautaro Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
@Football Manager has a point.

Although Auba and Benzema are two completely different strikers, if you give me the choice between the two then King Karim is so clear of him in terms of ability.

Karim is a generational striker.
But we aren't comparing Karim to Auba, there's no question about who comes out on top in that comparison. We're comparing Martinez to Auba. As a pure goalscorer Auba comes out on top.

db10fan

Can you not read?

“1) Why do we expect our strikers to be clinical, to convert the 2-3 chances we created in a match?
Clinical strikers may score 1 out of the 2-3 chances we created. But what’s the point of that?”

“2) Should our strikers be more involved in the build up play, so that we could create 15-20 chances per match, so even if they are wasteful our team can still score at least 3-4 per match?”

Point 1) is about having poachers like auba as striker
Point 2) is about having Firmino type of striker

Look at both points again, which team will score more? Clinical striker that finish 1 out of 2, or wasteful striker that finish 4 out of 20 chances?

When you have control, you can create, when you create enough, your team will score a lot.

Players that contributing nothing in the general play are useless. They make their team so much worse off. They make their team score so much less. When auba scores a lot, how much does his team scores? We score so little as a team, Auba is the main factor of that.
Problem is creating 15-20 chances per match rarely happened when you play against relatively equal quality teams, even rarer against superior teams. Creating 5-10 chances per match is more realistic, assume half the chances goes to the CF, if he has elite finishing he will score 1 or 2 while the wasteful CF may score none. And the other chances goes to other players which usually has worse finishing than the CF, which lower scoring possibility even more. Decent finishing is good quality for any player, a must have for a CF.

db10fan

@Football Manager has a point.

Although Auba and Benzema are two completely different strikers, if you give me the choice between the two then King Karim is so clear of him in terms of ability.

Karim is a generational striker.
Off course will take Karim ahead of Auba. Karim is elite/very good in almost everything. But wasteful finishing striker which is the talking point he definitely is not.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Problem is creating 15-20 chances per match rarely happened when you play against relatively equal quality teams, even rarer against superior teams. Creating 5-10 chances per match is more realistic, assume half the chances goes to the CF, if he has elite finishing he will score 1 or 2 while the wasteful CF may score none. And the other chances goes to other players which usually has worse finishing than the CF, which lower scoring possibility even more. Decent finishing is good quality for any player, a must have for a CF.
also its funny its frimino who is the reason liverpool create so much and not mane as main creator and salah after that. Fact is liverpool is crying out for a top class finisher which auba i/was until last season. The idea they would be worse with a better striker is laughable

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Firminho is a better well rounded player, but not better striker than Auba.

What it means is Firminho worked for Liverpool in a way Giroud did for France. Why? Because he created for the winger/strikers. Why? Because Liverpool midfield didn't created enough.

If the midfield wasn't good enough for creating chances, then Firminho had to go deep an help in that.

You are in an stupid discussion about different systems of football. We all know @Football Manager is very close minded about football. But the truth is you can play both ways and it depends in your players. Non is better than the other.

The best striker is Ronaldo9 or Henry like player, but you won't find those again. Clinical strikers, with elite mobility and ability to make their own chances. The complete striker.

So that's why managers have to chose between SS (shadow strikers), false 9 (more creator), target man (Giroud) or advance strikers, which I would not call poacher because there are strikers like Lewa who can do a job retaining and moving around field and still elite finisher.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Its Arteta not auba who had a off season
Auba clearly had a poor season, irrespective of Arteta’s poor season. That’s a ridiculous comment imo, Auba is a seasoned professional and didn’t perform last season. I have some sympathy because of the health issues of his mother and malaria so I’m going to be optimistic going into the new season.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Firmino is a better footballer than Auba in my books (link up, passing, dribbling), but they very different types of players, Auba is def the best goalscorer. Their overall impact is probably the same.

About Lautaro, moving to Arsenal from Inter is a downgrade imo, but who knows?

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

A wee comparison of Martinez, Abraham, Laca and Auba 🙃

Was looking at some other stats/comparisons as well, like the one the Athletic uses, but in the end couldn't be arsed with it. Interesting takeaway from that though is that Laca and Auba are in the 85th percentile for link up play (only games as cf/st included), while the other two are comfortably in the lower half. I think that's a lot down to team tactics but I'd actually expected Martinez to score high there (he was worst).

Another interesting finding, which I posted in another thread is that Abraham is actually very good in the air, contrary to what some have said here.

Screenshot 2021-07-28 at 23.09.06.pngScreenshot 2021-07-28 at 23.11.07.pngScreenshot 2021-07-28 at 23.12.37.pngScreenshot 2021-07-28 at 23.13.33.png

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Firminho is a better well rounded player, but not better striker than Auba.

What it means is Firminho worked for Liverpool in a way Giroud did for France. Why? Because he created for the winger/strikers. Why? Because Liverpool midfield didn't created enough.

If the midfield wasn't good enough for creating chances, then Firminho had to go deep an help in that.

You are in an stupid discussion about different systems of football. We all know @Football Manager is very close minded about football. But the truth is you can play both ways and it depends in your players. Non is better than the other.

The best striker is Ronaldo9 or Henry like player, but you won't find those again. Clinical strikers, with elite mobility and ability to make their own chances. The complete striker.

So that's why managers have to chose between SS (shadow strikers), false 9 (more creator), target man (Giroud) or advance strikers, which I would not call poacher because there are strikers like Lewa who can do a job retaining and moving around field and still elite finisher.
*Firmino

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Was looking at some other stats/comparisons as well, like the one the Athletic uses, but in the end couldn't be arsed with it. Interesting takeaway from that though is that Laca and Auba are in the 85th percentile for link up play (only games as cf/st included), while the other two are comfortably in the lower half. I think that's a lot down to team tactics but I'd actually expected Martinez to score high there (he was worst).

Another interesting finding, which I posted in another thread is that Abraham is actually very good in the air, contrary to what some have said here.

View attachment 3810View attachment 3811View attachment 3812View attachment 3813

Yeah nice seems Abraham is a bit better than most think but Martinez is of course that all round baller.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

View attachment 3810View attachment 3811View attachment 3812View attachment 3813
All this did was vindicate why I think Tammy is criminally underrated and would potentially be better than Lacazette fairly shortly. Tammy with an impressive amount of aerial wins and I consider that to be one of the weakest areas of his game despite his physique. Wonder what that looks like against DCL, can you run that?

Lastly, Lautaro is clearly a massive talent. He can play through the middle, as a false nine and deeper as 10 and be equally as effective. It's just this is a signing Chelsea or City make, not us.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

All this did was vindicate why I think Tammy is criminally underrated and would potentially be better than Lacazette fairly shortly. Tammy with an impressive amount of aerial wins and I consider that to be one of the weakest areas of his game despite his physique. Wonder what that looks like against DCL, can you run that?

Lastly, Lautaro is clearly a massive talent. He can play through the middle, as a false nine and deeper as 10 and be equally as effective. It's just this is a signing Chelsea or City make, not us.
Headers in particular? If so I already did. Short story is that Tammy (last season) won a higher % of his aerial duels but DCL more in total due to a lot more attempts.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Headers in particular? If so I already did. Short story is that Tammy (last season) won a higher % of his aerial duels but DCL more in total due to a lot more attempts.

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom