• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Hinderz

If we are looking for young homegrown players seems bizarre that we aren’t looking at Bogle.

also it looks like Juve are looking to move on Rabiot. I cant help but think him and Partey would be an interesting pair

Harry Hunter

It seems that maitland-niles is set on being a midfielder which is a shame as I think he can be a good right back. Considering how young our backline will be with Tierney, Gabriel, White, I would prefer a slightly older more experienced player as opposed to someone like Aarons or Lamptey. They are unrealistic but I’d like R.Pereira or Trippier. Chambers as back up ig.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Surely there are more midfielders in world football than the ones we keep hearing. Neves, Locatelli, Caqueret, Neuhaus, Renato Sanches, Zakaria, Koopemeiners, Tielemans and Phillips.

Does anyone know of anyone else? Think of Lokonga. I had never even heard of him and he is practically a Partey clone.

Belgium, Austrian, Ukranian and South American leagues. There must be someone!

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Anyone know about De Ketelaere? Seems interesting that Atalanta are looking at him.

Seems a complete midfielder in the Goretzka mould.

jeremypkw

It would seem Edu and Arteta are planning on building the team around Gabriel/White, Tierney, Partey, Saka, Smith-Rowe and Martinelli.

The obvious complement to that group is a midfielder that's comfortable dominating possession, getting the ball deep and driving it forward.
Unfortunately we can't leave it all to Partey defensively, so the ideal player is still defensively competent.

Guendouzi would have been perfect (shame he's a ****), but we move on.

Renato Sanches is the standout option for me. Absolute rolls royce across the turf.

Was originally very keen on Ruben Neves largely due to strong leadership qualities, but its clear that the PL has moved towards dominant mobile 6/8s that can press for a full 90 minutes, and I'm not sure he can be the best version of himself in an offensive 4231/433 that's susceptible to counter attacks.

... oh, and the real life Kun Aguero regen - Lautaro Martinez - would be mental, but I think we all agree that it just isn't going to happen.

db10fan

Surely there are more midfielders in world football than the ones we keep hearing. Neves, Locatelli, Caqueret, Neuhaus, Renato Sanches, Zakaria, Koopemeiners, Tielemans and Phillips.

Does anyone know of anyone else? Think of Lokonga. I had never even heard of him and he is practically a Partey clone.

Belgium, Austrian, Ukranian and South American leagues. There must be someone!
Tchouameni, Gravenberch, Paqueta, Yacine Adli, Nkunku, are some young talented CMs who can fit our need.

bonzka

Aouar
Ødegaard
L. Martinez

White should give us a higher defensive line and compressed space between defence and midfield. So I think Aouar and Partey can control that midfield with guile and positional. Their first class technique means we’ll retain and progress ball better than most midfields in tight spaces.

Power on the wings with the usual suspects. Martinez able to drop and interchange with ESR and Saka/Pepe.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
I'm completely fine with Guimarães and Ødegaard. Would prefer Locatelli and Olmo. But still much better than Aouar and Renato Sanches for example.

Jakarta

Aouar
Ødegaard
L. Martinez

White should give us a higher defensive line and compressed space between defence and midfield. So I think Aouar and Partey can control that midfield with guile and positional. Their first class technique means we’ll retain and progress ball better than most midfields in tight spaces.

Power on the wings with the usual suspects. Martinez able to drop and interchange with ESR and Saka/Pepe.
Aouar would never work in a midfield two.

With the players you mentioned we would need a midfield terrier like Kante besides Partey.

bonzka

Aouar would never work in a midfield two.

With the players you mentioned we would need a midfield terrier like Kante besides Partey.
I'm in wishlist territory here, but with the high defensive line and being 'possession focused protagonists' we don't need a terrier. Positional discipline and compressed space in the middle and I think this could work against a majority of Prem League opponents. Clip Partey's wings a bit. He can still play those snappy between the line balls he's bossing in the friendlies.

We use to have Fabregas in a two. Players of that ilc can play deeper. As the very experienced and brilliant Cazorla showed.

StefanB

I'm in wishlist territory here, but with the high defensive line and being 'possession focused protagonists' we don't need a terrier. Positional discipline and compressed space in the middle and I think this could work against a majority of Prem League opponents. Clip Partey's wings a bit. He can still play those snappy between the line balls he's bossing in the friendlies.

We use to have Fabregas in a two. Players of that ilc can play deeper. As the very experienced and brilliant Cazorla showed.

Totally agree with the Aouar part of your wish list. Think he'd be an excellent no. 8 alongside Partey and Smith-Rowe.

But I don't see the need for Ødegaard if Aouar comes in. I'd rather see us spend that money on a quality right back like Max Aarons.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Best window from this point for me would be:

Laca + cash swap for Guimaraes
Or laca our and Guimaraes in.

Bellerin to Inter +55 million for Lautauro

Ødegaard on loan

One of Emerson/Dest/Aarons/Lamptey/ Baku in.

Ramsdale in.

Willock, AMN, Nketiah, Nelson all out.

------------------Martinez/Balogun
Auba/Martinelli--------------Saka/Pepe
---------------------ESR/Ødegaard
-----Bruno/Lokonga-----Partey/Elneny

Tierney/Nuno-----------------------Emerson/Chambers
--------------Gabriel/Mari---White/Holding
--------------------------Leno/Ramsdale

Hinderz

Best window from this point for me would be:

Laca + cash swap for Guimaraes
Or laca our and Guimaraes in.

Bellerin to Inter +55 million for Lautauro

Ødegaard on loan
That’s not too far off what I’m hoping for. Its not realistic think the ideal scenario would be for us to get Auba included in the Martínez deal and save some cash for another striker (that’s not going to happen though)

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Here goes.​

in
Andre Onana (€8m)
Sergino Dest (€25m)
Bruno Guimaraes (€30m)
Luis Diaz (€35m)
Martin Ødegaard (Loan+option)
Lautaro Martinez (€60m+Bellerin)

Onana
Dest - White - Gabriel - Tierney
Partey — Guimaraes
Saka - Ødegaard - Diaz
Lautaro

Lebron

Someone else mentioned it in another thread but L. Paredes and L.Martinez would be amazing!

Imagine the pressing and ability to drive forward of a front three with Martinelli, Lautaro and Saka!!! Whew if they pull of Martinez I will be very thankful to Edu and Arteta. About time we need a special player to excite the fans.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Bogle, Ward-Prowse, Martinez, Onana, Back up GK

Out: Kola, Holding, Bellerin, AMN, Soares, Willock, Willian, Nketiah, Lacazette.

Top Bottom