• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Again, the majority of anger should be directed at the Kroenke's.

It's obvious no clubs across Europe will be paying decent money for guys like Lacazette/Bellerin/Xhaka/Torreira ect. They're all on massive money which 95% if clubs in Europe can't afford. The solution would be for the owners of the club to take a hit on these guys and get them out of the door, and maybe you know put their hands in their pocket for a change and subsidise their moves.

Malky

Established Member
It's like giving a man a job to shovel 20 tonnes of poo and he's done 8 tonnes of it but his boss has a go at him.

Doesn't make any sense, an almost impossible task for anyone, they're working through it well and people still find the time to abuse Edu.
No pun intented, but what a load of ****..
If a man is given the job to shovel that, and accepts it, then there is a clear acceptance from both parties that it's a task the man is willing, and able, to do. If the boss appears and the man has only completed less than half of the required amount, in the timescale given, then he has every right to have a go at the man - he's being paid to do a job and has fallen well below the standard required.

Edu knew the job at the hand, the players that were needing shifted, in a COVID market and has had a more than resonable amount of time to do so. I mean the guy hasn't sold a player since Martinez last year.
People are fair to start asking questions of Edu, selling and buying players is his job and, so far, he's fallen behind expectations. Expectations that he set talking about squad overhauls.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Arsenal needs a more experienced player, Caqueret is too much young and for the future. If already exist a problem to line up Martinelli, ESR and Saka because many of them are very young, it would be even more so with the claim for Caqueret and even the ones of Balogun to start the matches. Professional managers wants his team to average around 26-28 years old in the lineup.

But more so, Caqueret still (and neither the ones of Tchoutchami or whatever his name and Camavinga) isn't better than Guimarães, at least if you look for the players impact on the team:

Lyons expected goal difference while playing with Bruno is around 1.42 positive per 90, which means they are playing around PSGs level. With Caqueret it isn't so differencial like the brazilian: Maxence Caqueret Stats | FBref.com

I like both, but Guimarães would be a good option for Arsenal, be in terms of level of play or role needed.
Guimaraes is a player we tried to sign half hearted before Lyon went in with serious bid and signed him.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Pretty much two weeks until the season starts. Crazy stuff, gonna be hella toxic in that Chelsea home game if we lose at Brentford on the opening day and are still without main midfield signings.
You starting to sound like me. I been predicting this all summer and told you Arteta will enter the new season with same negativity as Emery did and won’t survive past November. The negativity will bring the team down

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Looks like all our problems are down to the fact that our players are paid more than they deserve. Is this how we are players to the club in spite of not being in CL for quite sometime? By giving wages higher than what anyone else would offer?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
That sort of talk does my head in. Say we sell Xhaka and replace him. Maybe bring in Ødegaard as well. What else is there to do? A new RB? Auba’s replacement? How the **** does that take 2 or 3 windows?

Exactly what I thought. 2 windows yes, but 3? Nope. Not having that.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
My personal belief now is that we will sign Ødegaard. We will sign Ramsdale or Johnstone. We will KEEP Xhaka, Bellerin will go on loan and we will sign a right back.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

That sort of talk does my head in. Say we sell Xhaka and replace him. Maybe bring in Ødegaard as well. What else is there to do? A new RB? Auba’s replacement? How the **** does that take 2 or 3 windows?
I'm slyly starting to see Arteta/Arsenal shills trying to soften the blow of potentially not getting our business done. Talking up our bench options etc.

Not that it's Arsenal's fault, seems like a world football problem.

1627551287157.png

These guys couldn't wait to get shot of Nketiah :lol:
Now they singing a different tune *shrugs*

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I'm slyly starting to see Arteta/Arsenal shills trying to soften the blow of potentially not getting our business done. Talking up our bench options etc.

Not that it's Arsenal's fault, seems like a world football problem.

View attachment 3815

These guys couldn't wait to get shot of Nketiah :lol:
Now they singing a different tune *shrugs*

All part of the plan so that when Nketiah leaves they can say Arteta didn’t have many options and the squad was weakened.

Game Over

I mean the guy hasn't sold a player since Martinez last year.

Holy ****, hadn't even realised this.

Having such an inexperienced guy in charge of transfers at such a crucial time is in danger of doing irreparable damage to the club.

We can't continue to miss out on Europe and fall further and further behind.

blrgooner

Established Member
No pun intented, but what a load of ****..
If a man is given the job to shovel that, and accepts it, then there is a clear acceptance from both parties that it's a task the man is willing, and able, to do. If the boss appears and the man has only completed less than half of the required amount, in the timescale given, then he has every right to have a go at the man - he's being paid to do a job and has fallen well below the standard required.

Edu knew the job at the hand, the players that were needing shifted, in a COVID market and has had a more than resonable amount of time to do so. I mean the guy hasn't sold a player since Martinez last year.
People are fair to start asking questions of Edu, selling and buying players is his job and, so far, he's fallen behind expectations. Expectations that he set talking about squad overhauls.
This trouble selling players is worrying indeed. I definitely expected some sales to happen by now. We need to sell at least 5 players and we don`t seem to be anywhere close to that.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Not to defend Edu cause I am suspicious of him and he's on thin ice with me, but like I said above the market seems largely gridlocked rather than just Arsenal sitting on their hands.

Lets see what happens when the window closes we can judge him then. Final 2 weeks I am expecting a flurry.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Holy ****, hadn't even realised this.

Having such an inexperienced guy in charge of transfers at such a crucial time is in danger of doing irreparable damage to the club.

We can't continue to miss out on Europe and fall further and further behind.

It’s almost like if your team is playing like absolute sh*te then no one will want to buy your players when there’s less money than ever.

Especially the ones you’ve frozen out or slagged off via the press. This is why “laying down the law” with the squad is such a stupid idea in the modern game.

These players got options but you don’t.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

This is all well and good until the likes of Saka get tired of waiting for us to get a team capable of challenging and his contract is up for renewal.

His contract is up in 2024. Another season of doing f*ck all and can see him start to put the pressure on for a move.

He’s got the same agent as Josh Maja, Sancho and Balogun. Very worrying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom