• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

James Maddison

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
So you're telling me that the clubs plans wouldn't have changed after seeing Maddison could be available? Come on man you're a smart dude. What date did Arteta say those quotes? How long ago are we talking. Because Bell said we've been after Maddison for a couple of months now.

He said it towards the end of the season and there had already been reports of us having and interest in Maddisson by then.

Literally EVERY reliable journo has said that we'd try for Ødegaard if there was even a 1% chance of it happening.

El Duderino

FWIW I think Ødegaard always was, and remains our top target, but we'll see over the next couple of weeks...

Either way, I don't see any reason to fight over this other than trying to make your self a huge transfer big brain mastermind.

We are certainly looking at both players, that much is sure.

SlyFox

People really think Ødegaard is the number one target just because Ornstein said it? Get in the bin. If he was the number one we would've gone for him by now.

Maddison is the more expensive player he is the main target. We will do the deal if its not too expensive. Which I assume will be £50M plus maybe AMN or add ons.
You don’t pay £50m for Ben White and then think you can get Maddison for £50m and a cast off.

SlyFox

What don't you think is accurate can I ask? Our interest in Maddison? That you would sell at a high fee? That he would be open to come if we agreed a fee?
That you quite like Maddison, I’m sure you do. Many clubs do.

Beyond that, Arsenal aren’t paying £70m+ for him. Which is what it would take.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

It wouldn't take £70M+. He isn't costing more than Sancho ffs. Leicester would take £60M or maybe around £50M and a player they want.

El Duderino

People really think Ødegaard is the number one target just because Ornstein said it? Get in the bin. If he was the number one we would've gone for him by now.

Maddison is the more expensive player he is the main target. We will do the deal if its not too expensive. Which I assume will be £50M plus maybe AMN or add ons.

If you believe this you're broken.

@Weliveinacrazyworld no he wasn't. Ødegaard is the main target.

Apart from the fact that they're completely different players? If we sign Neves we would still go for a 10 and our main target has always been Ødegaard.

People like yourself flapping saying Buendia chose Villa over us need to get a grip. How do we even know that we offered? Lots of conflicting reports saying we didn't. If we haven't offered he can't choose us.

Recepits from about a month and a half ago, dis you? 👀

SlyFox

It wouldn't take £70M+. He isn't costing more than Sancho ffs. Leicester would take £60M or maybe around £50M and a player they want.
We don’t want any of your players, you have nothing to offer us.

And if you think Leicester accept £60m for a player with a sell on clause when you’ve spent £50m on Ben White you are in cloud cuckoo land.

We have absolutely no need to sell whatsoever.

El Duderino

:
Emoji Think GIF

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Whenever rival fans come in to tell us that we won't be signing their players and downplay our budget and pulling power they usually sign.

Makes me worried because I'd never spent that much on Madders.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Either way, I don't see any reason to fight over this other than trying to make your self a huge transfer big brain mastermind.

We are certainly looking at both players, that much is sure.

Absolutely, I mean it's not like any of us really have a clue what's going on anyway

Goonger

So, the fact that multiple people including Bell have all said we'd find it difficult to do especially with the other business that we need to do, is that not what you are saying too?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Can’t wait until things are restored and we finish above Leicester and thump Aston Villa.

It makes me sick seeing these fans come on here just like the Celtic fans with Tierney and act like they’re bigger then they are.

The Utd fans do the same thing too.

Token Yank

A lot will depends on Maddison's behavior I imagine. If he goes into total douche bag mode forcing a move and causing a scene behind closed doors the deal probably becomes easier. That said, I assume this becomes too expensive and we sign Ødegaard.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom