• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I think 42M is a bargain myself. If we’re not getting an elite creator like Grealish I’d rather spend that than blowing our load on an inferior player in Maddison.

Why do you think Maddison is inferior to Ødegaard? Everything points towards Maddison being the better more ready made player.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Which one's? Sorry if that's the case.
A bit long to comb through one by one but Chelsea 1 nil W, Ødegaard did 90 mins.

Started against Palace too 3-1 W too. On deeper inspection they only really got separated after their respective injuries and even then it was mostly during the latter stages of Europa.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Remember when Real Madrid had a 7.5m clause in Casemiro’s contract?

Can see them doing something petty like that.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
A bit long to comb through one by one but Chelsea 1 nil W, Ødegaard did 90 mins.

Started against Palace too 3-1 W too. On deeper inspection they only really got separated after their respective injuries and even then it was mostly during the latter stages of Europa.
Yh just found the Chelsea one, we played 3 at the back with the two 8's that day so a bit of a weird one. He didn't start against palace though my man.
Edit: if ESR played at 10 Øde basically didn't play.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Why do you think Maddison is inferior to Ødegaard? Everything points towards Maddison being the better more ready made player.

I meant Maddison is inferior to Grealish, Bruno, KDB etc.

70M for me is what you spend on an elite player, not someone who’s unlikely to get double digits in goals or assists and has a serious red flag with a hip issue that kills careers in many sports.

He’s better at MØ in terms of racking up goals and assists but in terms of technical ability, building plays from deep and playing out of presses MØ is clear. xGbuildup stats tend to back this up.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Yh just found the Chelsea one, we played 3 at the back with the two 8's that day so a bit of a weird one. He didn't start against palace though my man.
My mistake, but yeah I don't think that spreadsheet proves anything it leaves a lot to the imagination. Doesn't take into account formation, personnel and really it's splitting hairs remembering who started and who got subbed.

Their actions per 90 would be a better gauge if you really wanted to sh*t on one or the other.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Remember when Real Madrid had a 7.5m clause in Casemiro’s contract?

Can see them doing something petty like that.

Good thing they’re about to put themselves into financial oblivion all to buy one player and won’t be able to buy Reguilion or MØ back.

Ever wondered what it’ll be like to see MBappe play with overweight flops, MLS level retirees and kids? Well now we’ll get to see it.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I meant Maddison is inferior to Grealish, Bruno, KDB etc.

70M for me is what you spend on an elite player, not someone who’s unlikely to get double digits in goals or assists and has a serious red flag with a hip issue that kills careers in many sports.

He’s better at MØ in terms of racking up goals and assists but in terms of technical ability, building plays from deep and playing out of presses MØ is clear. xGbuildup stats tend to back this up.
You say he’s better at racking up goals and assists but I don’t even think we know this yet. I’d of loved to see Ødegaard playing for a really well put together and cohesive team after 3 years of PL experience.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Personally I think the fee being bandied around is a bit of gamesmanship from Real Madrid.

£35m should get the job done. Better deal than spending virtually double that for Maddison.

Wages would be much cheaper as well. Not wanting to penny pinch here, but this is important if we ever want to renew or sell him if it doesn't pan out.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
My mistake, but yeah I don't think that spreadsheet proves anything it leaves a lot to the imagination. Doesn't take into account formation, personnel and really it's splitting hairs remembering who started and who got subbed.

Their actions per 90 would be a better gauge if you really wanted to sh*t on one or the other.
I wasn't really looking to **** on either player. It seemed to me a number of posters in this thread were reaching back to games they couldn't quite remember when making their point so I thought reposting the results could be a useful aide. I think it's worthwhile to try to take the emotion out of it by just looking at the results unfettered by the rollercoaster of emotions we were feeling at the time. I don't think there are any other mistakes though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom