• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: Tesco’s Finest

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

tenor.gif

OSBK

Established Member
I love this guy. He came from celtic who despite played in a poor league had very high standards. I feel he is the player the young guys are looking to, his attitude on and off the pitch is a model proffesional. Watching him play gets me going like the old guard used to, im buzzing we have him tied down. Now the board need to do the right thing and build on the core youth we have.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
10/10 summer for me, don't even care who joins or leaves.
You act like we nailed down Messi or Cronaldo.

How can a left back extending make your Summer? Are your standards midtable level in line with Arteta. Do you think we do not need any movement further?

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Tierney said: “I’m buzzing for our game against Rangers, and also the match against Hibs at Easter Road.

"I’m sure I’ll get a good reception!

“It will be a great game against Rangers, and hopefully there can be fans inside the ground too.

“I loved playing at Ibrox with Celtic, and it would be nice to get another win there.

Surely he doesn't think he'll get "a good reception" at Ibrox. They are going to say naughty things to him there, aren't they?

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Tierney said: “I’m buzzing for our game against Rangers, and also the match against Hibs at Easter Road.

"I’m sure I’ll get a good reception!

“It will be a great game against Rangers, and hopefully there can be fans inside the ground too.

“I loved playing at Ibrox with Celtic, and it would be nice to get another win there.

Surely he doesn't think he'll get "a good reception" at Ibrox. They are going to say naughty things to him there, aren't they?
Well hes not going to come out and say he expects them to chant he should be h*nged

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I'd have liked for him to prove his fitness before we offered that contract, we moan about salaries and pocket watch our players so much and then do this.

He's key and undoubtedly quality but I dunno, just feels like mistakes of the past yet again to me.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He's just fantastic, we just need to keep him fit. If only there was someone half as good as him on the right.
Some of the "finishing" in this video is plain embarrassing.
The quality of the crosses is top notch. Just need to get a decent RB so we don't have to become "left-heavy" and spend all game attacking through the right.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

He's just fantastic, we just need to keep him fit. If only there was someone half as good as him on the right.

This video just summed my thoughts up.

As good as Laca played last season, we still seriously need to sign a CF in this window. Should be one of our main priorities imo as we need more goals across our frontline. Also, Pepe needs to be more ruthless in front of goal and have a monster season if we’re going to get top 4.

Some criminal chances missed there. A peak Lampard gets 15+ goals a season with those Tierney pull backs.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The quality of the crosses is top notch. Just need to get a decent RB so we don't have to become "left-heavy" and spend all game attacking through the right.
*Attacking through the right, I meant to say.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

As you can see in the video. The opponent defence is not opened up when the cross is hit. So the box is packed with opponent defenders. The chances we get the ball into the net is down to luck.

Alternatively, we should work the ball into the box. Play through the middle. Open up the defence first, and then play a beautiful though pass to the unmarked striker. If the ball is play through the middle, then walk the ball into the net. If the ball is played through the half space, then make a LOW cross to square it into the middle, before walking the ball into the net.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Its why I'm keen on a big centre forward who finishes scruffy chances.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Its why I'm keen on a big centre forward who finishes scruffy chances.
We are not relegation side like Stoke, Bolton or Portsmouth aren’t we. We do not play ugly hoof ball like Chelsea and Liverpool did years ago, right? We are the Arsenal, we have to maintain our identity, play good football.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

We are not relegation side like Stoke, Bolton or Portsmouth aren’t we. We do not play ugly hoof ball like Chelsea and Liverpool did years ago, right? We are the Arsenal, we have to maintain our identity, play good football.
Huh?

A big centre forward doesn't mean you don't play nice football. A big centre forward gives you variety which is a good thing. If we've Esr and Ødegaard feeding balls to Pepe and Saka then have the option of going out wide for crosses or even direct that's perfect. It allows us to play every style of football and makes us less predictable. Teams won't just shuttle us out wide knowing we are hopeless.

Also if you watched us last season you'll see we played our best football when we took the lead. If we can get a forward in to finish these chances it'll give us a cushion and confidence to play more on the deck whilst encouraging the opposition to come out more as they need to chase the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom