• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

If that's the case I'd rather play someone like Willock than pay over the odds for Ødegaard because we're then forced to play him rather than give ESR a proper chance. Not investing heavily in the AM position frees ESR for that role. I don't want him to play on the wings for another season, he'll drift left and right from central position anyway.
ESR and Ode are completely different 10s. Having them both is extremely vital because the opposition might set up in a manner that completely negates one guy and you'll need the other guy, to come out and rescue you.
Also, factor in injuries and off- days.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Ahh yes. The pressure stat. Applying pressure in our one man press. What is pressure? How is it even measured? Running towards someone and getting closer before they release the ball?

ESR covers more ground through the game I believe. If I was a defender I would probably let Ødegaard come towards me seeing as I can see him coming a mile off due to his pace. Genuinely dont think he hurries people.
You’ve literally said nothing.

Ødegaard can stay in Madrid anyways it’s not that deep.

Liam_Og

MØ can play deeper too, important if the long term plan is a 433, not sure ESR can play that role. Maybe i’m wrong

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
With Ødegaard, Saka and Smith-Rowe, we would be playing some serious ball.

I don't see this happening though. Imagine he'll stay at Madrid.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
From my basic Spanish hearing that they basically say Ancelotti count on player but if Ødegaard doesn't feel comfortable at real madrid they won't stand in his way he finished that real madrid have not received approach or official bid for Odergaard

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Ahh yes. The pressure stat. Applying pressure in our one man press. What is pressure? How is it even measured? Running towards someone and getting closer before they release the ball?

ESR covers more ground through the game I believe. If I was a defender I would probably let Ødegaard come towards me seeing as I can see him coming a mile off due to his pace. Genuinely dont think he hurries people.

Robbing people in midfield was definitely a feature of ESR's game I don't see reflected anywhere.
Confirmation bias / narrative fallacy at work here, tbh.

Information doesn't fit with preconceived narratives and perceptions? Think of rather improbable explanations or excuses to confirm your bias / narrative.

We're all guilty of it sometimes, myself very much included. But this seems a rather clear example of it. Ødegaard is a rather misrepresented player around here, and the narrative around him doesn't really fit in many ways with what he actually is.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
No. A bit better you can def argue, but a lot better, clearly better, no. Ødegaard is the better passer (range, accuracy), has better vision, is more secure technically, retain the possession better, maybe higher IQ too. If Martin adapts to Arsenal, he will have a higher ceiling imo.
So wouldn't that make Ødegaard the more sensible transfer? He's just as good, cheaper and his wages would be less.

scytheavatar

Established Member
So wouldn't that make Ødegaard the more sensible transfer? He's just as good, cheaper and his wages would be less.

The Ødegaard/ESR/Saka lineup is going to be problematic, 3 players who don't score a lot of goals. Doesn't help that the striker in front of them has become our worst player every game. Maddison will be a bigger goal threat than Ødegaard and will lead to a more balanced team.

baccy_man

Established Member
I don't know if the source is reliable ESPN are saying that Ødegaard, could be available for 50m euro's.
https://www.espn.co.uk/football/soc...-50m-for-real-madrids-martin-Ødegaard-sources

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It seems Ødegaard looks at us as a backup if his Madrid dream doesn't happen. I've seen a lot of fans (rightfully) wanting the club to move on from Locatelli for that very reason.

Worrying about the 20m difference between Maddison and Ødegaard is splitting hairs. The 20m we'd potentially save on Ødegaard would go towards Ramsdale...

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

43m seems a fair price in the market. I'd still prefer we spent more on Maddison who I think adds something different but I'll settle for Ødegaard who is a good player in his own right.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
It seems Ødegaard looks at us as a backup if his Madrid dream doesn't happen. I've seen a lot of fans (rightfully) wanting the club to move on from Locatelli for that very reason.

Worrying about the 20m difference between Maddison and Ødegaard is splitting hairs. The 20m we'd potentially save on Ødegaard would go towards Ramsdale...

That’s not it at all though is it? He doesn’t see himself getting game time at Madrid and thinks it’s better for his career to move, even if Madrid was/is his dream. He actually wants to come here because it’s not happening for him at Madrid, which is in no way similar to Locatelli who doesn’t want to come here at all.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If that's the case I'd rather play someone like Willock than pay over the odds for Ødegaard because we're then forced to play him rather than give ESR a proper chance. Not investing heavily in the AM position frees ESR for that role. I don't want him to play on the wings for another season, he'll drift left and right from central position anyway.
Welcome to mid table obscurity.

We want Stan to spend but not that much. If the money is there just go buy the players we want.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
That’s not it at all though is it? He doesn’t see himself getting game time at Madrid and thinks it’s better for his career to move, even if Madrid was/is his dream. He actually wants to come here because it’s not happening for him at Madrid, which is in no way similar to Locatelli who doesn’t want to come here at all.

supposedly reliable for Madrid...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom