• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I personally don’t think he will sign it. This is the second time he has wanted to move so if he doesn’t get it this summer he only has to wait 12 months and he will get his move anyway.

Losing him on a free would be brutal.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It's either selling him for 20m or selling him next summer for 15m or less i don't think he signing new contract. Xhaka need to push Roma to pay up it's pathetic that teams want you afraid to pay extra few millions to buy you also he made big mistake agree quickly on Roma without guarantee they'll 100% get done early

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I personally don’t think he will sign it. This is the second time he has wanted to move so if he doesn’t get it this summer he only has to wait 12 months and he will get his move anyway.
The guy is a diva. He puts up this show often. Think he will sign it. By this time he would have realised how much he is valued at Roma.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

They'll gives him a raise in wages and he'll sign.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
The guy is a diva. He puts up this show often. Think he will sign it. By this time he would have realised how much he is valued at Roma.

He has the chance to go and live in Rome and be coached by Mourinho. Why would he stick around here and sign a new deal to be coached by an absolute loser and play in front of fans who think he’s a ****? I don’t see any way he signs a new contract. He’ll either make us accept a **** fee this summer or we will be doing it next summer.

cannel

This news is kind of a relief actually. It looked like we would go into next season with a significantly weaker midfield. I don't think the club ever wanted to sell Xhaka either. The only reason we entertained it was because he wanted to leave. Looks like Roma aren't prepared to pay us anything significant though and in that case, we will just keep him. Depends on Xhaka now. He can either sign a new contract and stay for the foreseeable future, see out his last two years in which case we wouldn't get anything (not the end of the world as we wouldn't get a large fee anyway), or if he really wants to leave he can push for a move by lowering his wage demands and thus improving the transfer fee so that it makes economic sense for us to sell.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
but if true it shows him Arsenal value him higher than Roma - to a player with his sensibilities that might be significant

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This news is kind of a relief actually. It looked like we would go into next season with a significantly weaker midfield. I don't think the club ever wanted to sell Xhaka either. The only reason we entertained it was because he wanted to leave. Looks like Roma aren't prepared to pay us anything significant though and in that case, we will just keep him. Depends on Xhaka now. He can either sign a new contract and stay for the foreseeable future, see out his last two years in which case we wouldn't get anything (not the end of the world as we wouldn't get a large fee anyway), or if he really wants to leave he can push for a move by lowering his wage demands and thus improving the transfer fee so that it makes economic sense for us to sell.
He agreed personal terms with Roma so he was preparing to leave before the Euros even started. It's not about staying is he going to be committed? Are we sure he won't disturb the dressing room because he'll be unhappy we blocked his transfer twice lol

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
He agreed personal terms with Roma so he was preparing to leave before the Euros even started. It's not about staying is he going to be committed? Are we sure he won't disturb the dressing room because he'll be unhappy we blocked his transfer twice lol
How do we know he agreed personal terms with Roma ?

As long as he is under contract here,
1. Roma would first have to lodge a bid and start the discussions, and only after a deal is reached between the clubs, then
2. Roma would sort the personal terms with the player.

So far all we know is that the clubs did discuss but the differences in fee offered/requested was too big, therefore phase 2 never really started.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He has the chance to go and live in Rome and be coached by Mourinho. Why would he stick around here and sign a new deal to be coached by an absolute loser and play in front of fans who think he’s a ****? I don’t see any way he signs a new contract. He’ll either make us accept a **** fee this summer or we will be doing it next summer.
People think too highly of this dumpster fire of a club in my honest opinion.

Xhaka will leave.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

How do we know he agreed personal terms with Roma ?

As long as he is under contract here,
1. Roma would first have to lodge a bid and start the discussions, and only after a deal is reached between the clubs, then
2. Roma would sort the personal terms with the player.

So far all we know is that the clubs did discuss but the differences in fee offered/requested was too big, therefore phase 2 never really started.
Formally, that is the procedure. I think in reality these days the club and player come to an agreement first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom